So No One Likes Hawkins?

Options

Am I the only one who likes Hawkins? I haven't been able to enjoy that map since the PTB before it came out. Any by enjoy no I dont mean win. I just mean a good match that last longer than 5 minutes. Killers disconnect constantly, slug, camp, or tunnel everyone into oblivion and survivors kill themselves on hook. Why not challenge yourselves? Sheesh. It's really not that bad of a map. And before you "try killer for once" players come on here yes I've played the map as killer. Did I get a 4k? No but i still played like I would on any other map.

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I enjoy Hawkins.

In fact all the indoor maps are my favorite as a survivor (feels more tense) and I enjoy them with most killers too.

Sure it sucks to play huntress on console or Nurse and get them, but I don't tend to run those two much.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I love Hawkins, but the downside for it to me is it's too noisy with the doors constantly opening and closing. Otherwise, a solid map.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I love it because of all of the unsafe loops.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

I dislike it , Its an extremely loud map with very unsafe pallets. when I get the map I know the survivors arent going to win. I want a challenge not a easy game.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,471
    Options

It's my favorite map on both sides.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Options
  • OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512
    Options

I'm stupid so indoor maps confuse me easy because there are no real land markers. Plus I have either a hard time finding gens or doing gens because I either can't find them or 3 spawn around doctor's office near basement and im like bro...

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

then they will like that map. I personally dont like it bc it's too easy.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

It blows. Used to be awful with old Ruin because the totem would last most of the game. Still does with new Ruin.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353
    Options

Oh I thoroughly enjoy it with massive terror radius doc with impossible skill checks or no heals!

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

The only thing I don't like is hunting down generators. You're guaranteed one upstairs and one on the second floor of fungus room above the basement.

There's probably one in the hallways. Then its just searching rooms with your fingers crossed.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 590
    Options

i LOVE this map its balanced can be disgusting to loop when you are a good survivor, and when youre a killer its easier to find survs but the thing i love the most is the gens spawn, most of people dont know where all the gens spawns yet so they waste time looking for it, this dont happen in any other map (and somehow looking for gens should be a survivor secondary objective like breaking totems but everyone knows where they spawn so this objective is dead) and thats the point for bringing maps and dejavu or Detectives munch.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

It's all right. Not my favorite. I hate the lack of windows though

• Bunnie
    Bunnie Member Posts: 164
    Options

yes lerys and hawkins are my fave. big confusing ass maps and the plus side with the doors being on opposite sides too. literally every hawkins card ive had has been wasted. ppl killing themselves on hook or killers slugging everyone. and i get it like there are ways around that but if u want a decent game trying to save other people is apart of that and they know that. it sucks cause i love that map

• Blueberry
    edited February 2020
    Options

Yeah every time I use an offering someone DC's or kills themselves as well.

I like that the indoor maps prevent the killer from being seen from miles away, which allows the killer to apply more pressure as they don't know exactly where he's at all the time and they play more cautiously.

They allow for more mind games and stealth on survivor side which I like.

They are also just more aesthetically pleasing as well.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

I like the looks of it at the very least. Though the rooms and areas are very tough to differentiate. So I get extremely lost as survivor, I also have trouble finding generators. Lots of unsafe pallets as well. I actually did have a lot of fun on the map regardless of all these things before they nerfed Balanced landing. After that nerf I dread going to Hawkins. It isn't an auto loss, but it just isn't very fun to me anymore.

As killer, I honestly haven't gotten the stage very much, but it's been a 4k every time I went. So I guess it's really good if you are killer?

• Bunnie
    Options

see i wish i could go against killers who like it i got that map twice yesterday and the killers dced like immediately after loading in.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353
    edited February 2020
    Options

TBH you wouldn’t want to go against a impossible skill check doc on that map

• Bunnie
    Options

i love it. and yea i miss the old ruin actually it was fun looking for the totem to break it. all u had to do was use detectives hunch and get one done and u could see other totem locations.

• Bunnie
    edited February 2020
    Options

i like a mix of indoor outdoor. the bigger maps are my faves. i just got done with a dope match on ormond. i like the yamaoka map too cause its fairly big and plenty of places to hide. i dont even get the hawkins map that often like literally they should of just gave us the map for free as often as i get it. i can play a whole day and not get that map. i luck out cause when i do theres usually at least one person on the team who doesnt like it and 50% chance its the killer opposed to a survivor.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

My favorite map, it really isn’t as unsafe as people think.

• Bunnie
    Options

yea me and my bf have like an understanding of if we play together and we happen to use the card we never take anything in with us anymore cause we know theres a huge chance that itd be wasted. i dont mind dying its just i miss the ptb before it came out when ppl were playing the demogorgon on it. i dont get to play against that killer much either. a lot of ppl use nancy and steve but the map and killer dont seem to be too popular with ppl in my experience

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,791
    Options

Love it as killer, because I main Myers.

Hate it as survivor.

• onip3
    onip3 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Hawkins is good map but the loops are just bad

• shmoul
    shmoul Member Posts: 97
    Options

It's my most hated map as killer and as a survivor. Everytime I get hawkin's I just slug all 4 as soon as I can so I can just end the match. It's an incredibly boring map with an insane amount of unsafe pallets, you can practically win every match on it with no power.

• Blueberry
    Options

It's funny you mention not seeing Demo much. I play him pretty regularly and I get quite a lot of people after my matches that thank me for playing him because they rarely get to see him lol

• HazDaBoi
    HazDaBoi Member Posts: 70
    Options

i like it on both roles

• Bunnie
    Options

i love michael myers. hes my fave killer in movies and also the michaels for me in the game tend to be the most fun. and the ghost face. i used to hate him but once i started using spine chill theyre so much fun lol. i didnt love the map as a killer cause its so big and im honestly not the best killer anyway but i gave that ######### my best shot. the second time i played it as killer tho i set my traps in better places and they just kept running right into them. i laid one in one of the wholes in the wall with the rubble pile. they ran into that same one three times.

• Bunnie
    Options

yea lol. i like the doc as long as they dont spam that ######### cause it goes straight to my head. im real good at staying away from the doc cause of that but yea them skill checks and that perk on the gens overcharge? is a problem yea lol. i always expect that when i go up against the doc and i do miss it sometimes lol.

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305
    Options

Love the map from both sides, it's similar to Lery's but easier. The layout is consistent, with the rooms always being in the same places, and that allows for ease of navigation.

Can't find a survivor? Check one of the 'safe' rooms for where they are probably sitting immersed.

Can't hold yourself in chases? Go to one of the 'safe' rooms that are heavily survivor sided.

I would say two rooms in that map are inherintly 'safe'. No I'm not going to describe because it would be hard and most people know the rooms I'm referencing. But it's almost like an indoor Coldwind map. If you get caught away from a decent room (and lets be honest, aside from the two 'safe' rooms there is only one other) you're out of luck. Coldwind follows that similarly, if you get caught at a bad jungle gym or in the corn, it's game over for you.

What makes Hawkins more difficult is survivors like myself who run Iron Will. There is more line of sight breaks (making it a good map for Ghostface and Silent Wraith) which allow survivors who have a bit of a boost (getting hit, Sprint burst, balanced landing) to hide around a corner and take advantage of the lack of sight.

It's a fun map for both sides and I don't get why people hate it so much. It's not like the new Yamoaka that's a Blendette's wet dream. Just take the time to learn the layout a bit, where to run as a survivor and how to cut it off as a killer. It takes more practice, but it makes it rewarding.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

Love Hawkins, good survivors will know how to loop in this map

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I really like it tbh, it's very different from other maps

• Bunnie
    Options

yea see every time i get that map i usually get killers like you. which would be fine cause there's so many diff killers but it just seems like most of them really dont like the map. which is also fine but its like damn can u just freaking play it so we can enjoy it for once. even if that was the case then its the survivors who dont like it and kill themselves on hook. either way its just always something it seems like. either its the killer or its the damn survivors or someones farming so its not an actual game but a killer wanting us to stun them or step in their traps or something. drives me crazy

• Bunnie
    Options

me either. i love the map. i dont get why ppl hate it so much either. or people say its too easy but still slug everyone instead of just playing the damn game. like i HATE blackwater swamp but i wont kill myself on hook and ruin it for the survivors. i just play my best and when its done its done.

• Bunnie
    Options

yea i really like the demo. i find him creepy on any map really especially with his loud ass feet nd the music that comes with it. and when he goes into the portal and his sound fades off i freaking love it. i havent played against it on hawkins since the ptb before it came out. still good to play against tho but yea not many play him unfortunately. sucks man. such a good dlc to me.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    Options

Looks awesome.

The games on that map are always awful though. You're trying to say that people's perception of the map is why it's bad. I just think it's badly designed no excuses.

• Ardjet
    Ardjet Member Posts: 85
    Options

It depends a bit. Hawkins can be pretty dreadful as Nurse, but other than that it´s a cool-looking, enjoyable map. It took a while getting used to it, but now I find it popping up way too rarely.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Depends on the killer. As Plague? It's manageable, because of all the cracks and crevices. But as Trapper? O, what sweet hell that match was. Hate that map as Trapper.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Definitely enjoy the map from both sides.

Killers like Legion, Freddy, and Trapper thrive on it due to narrow hallways.

Survivor wise it's super satisfying when you manage to lose the killer while looping.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

My problem with Hawkins is that when you exclude the gen on top and gen in portal room the only active parts of the map are the two or 3 corridors with the interlocking rooms between them.

It's like ordering pizza scraping off the toppings and using the dough as a pillow. It just makes no logical sense.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

It's a cool looking map and all but I want to rip my nuts off every time I have to play on it

Okay I'm exaggerating, it's not that bad but still. It's a pretty neat map in concept but I'd rather not play on it