why were the moon bouquet offerings retired?

ive wanted to know why these offerings were retired.

old gameplay shows how fun they look honestly.

i know that we have the fog reagent bottles now but its not the same thing.

i really wish they made a return.

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

They wanted to make all maps roughly the same lighting, or be able to adjust them evenly, and certain maps being darker than others made it so the offerings made some maps super dark and others ridiculously bright.

They removed them so that all maps were on a baseline that they could tweak from without worrying that offerings would ruin them or make them unplayable.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

They didn't wanna make like 7 billion variants for each map and deal with balancing around lighting being changed. Which is understandable because thats why tinkerer was changed too.

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

It was mainly removed because the developers wanted more control over the lighting settings on their maps (etc Yamaoka Estate being darker then other maps).

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

I hope they don't make a return. Try going against it with 3 murky on a dark map. Now imagine Claudettes going ninja mode and lurking. I'm still traumatized to this day. 😞

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377

Can you imagine... max lighting on whatever map but against Freddy... “Dream world now causes the blindness effect”

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

This is when they wanted more interaction with the killer and less hiding. They gutted the sneaky types with urban and dark clothing and flushed them out like the old doc did with his treatment therapy.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

because you'd have trash games where SWF would put Darkest Moonlight + 3 murky reagents

traaaaash

• have u ever faced a 4 men blendette on macmillen estate with all moonbuquets or reagents its hell

• KornySon10
    KornySon10 Member Posts: 103

You know the mist caps out at 1 murky reagent, right?

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

Basically they completely broke the entire game and behavior could not figure out how to fix them so behavior made the call to remove them from the game which i honestly agree with as someone who played during that era of mist and moon offerings be thankful its gone killers cry now about blendettes you have not seen anything until you have seen a prestige claudette vanish right in front of your eyes because of how misty and dark it is.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I’ve always wondered..... I mean, murky says “stackable” in its description, so it’s fair to assume it goes further. Are you absolutely certain it doesn’t?

I’ve always wanted to see a match with 5 murky offerings!