The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Slowing the game down

Kuroyu
Kuroyu Member Posts: 54

Hey dear devs this message is meant for you.
Do you have any plans of slowing the game a little bit down? Any ideas or concepts? Or is it fine to post some ideas in this forum? I am curious and I wanted to know if there are any plans?

Comments

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@Dudddd said:
    Kuroyu said:

Do you have any plans of slowing the game a little bit down? Any ideas or concepts? Or is it fine to post some ideas in this forum? I am curious and I wanted to know if there are any plans?

The perk ruin does that, if you cant apply map pressure thats on you no one wants a game lasting 20-30 mins learn to patrol gens instead of staying near the hooked person then  surprisingly you get gen rushed . High rank is supposed to be competitive not no chilled games.

hahaha ruin does that. you mean the hex totem that gets destroyed in seconds of spawning into maps. good joke. he means more objectives not just gens. the killer doesnt want it in mere minutes either. be lucky if the matches last five minutes with a competent team lol

• El_Sneako
    El_Sneako Member Posts: 21

The OP's concern is that if the first person you find is any good at looping, they can waste several pallets and a whole minute or two in the process. Since it takes only a minute and twenty seconds to fix a gen, that leaves a possible three gens done on first hook, and it is BRUTAL trying to catch up to that kind of pressure on most killers.

The counter argument is that ruin can prevent this to a greater or lesser degree. The problem I have with that argument is that I shouldn't be pidgin holed into a perk to have a good game. Personally, I can fix a ruin gen in under two minutes consistently without trying too hard and I have never made it to rank 1 survivor.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@Dudddd said:

The perk ruin does that, if you cant apply map pressure thats on you no one wants a game lasting 20-30 mins learn to patrol gens instead of staying near the hooked person then  surprisingly you get gen rushed . High rank is supposed to be competitive not no chilled games.

Even the best killers get gen rushed, that's why you run into so many nurses.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Ruin needs to be baseline in some fashion--not a required perk. The difference it makes, being up for even two minutes, is absolutely insane.

However, to mitigate that somewhat, people seem to forget that hooking someone, and then chasing someone else, means you have at least 3 survivors not repairing generators, since one is being chased, one is doing the unhooking, and the other is coming off the hook injured and likely will be healed.

I recently took NOED out of my main's build (mostly because I 3-4K LONG before generators are repaired nowadays), and even A Nurse's Calling, and seem to do fine replacing with Franklin's Demise and Stridor. Nonetheless, Ruin has to be there because it's just too critical when it's up. The number of games I've played in almost a year where Ruin lasts a long time, and the survivors pushed through it, can be counted on one hand. Personally, I can push through Ruin easily, but the vast majority of players can't, or won't, and so it ends up being a huge priority to cleanse.

I've always advocated for killing off the hex totem system entirely, or linking the power of hexes to the number of active totems to increase longevity of time, but also not cause perks to completely vanish if the ONE totem they're tied to is destroyed.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

... JUST A LIL' BIT

• El_Sneako
    El_Sneako Member Posts: 21

Yeah, I agree, the whole hex system needs a revamp, a fix that was promised with the "hag cube" months ago. Even if the only change is you get to place the hex yourself, I think that's a perfectly adequate stop gap for now.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    This is why i’ll always be running Hex : Haunting Grounds. Go ahead, break my totems. Good luck.
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201

@Nightmare247 said:
    What do you mean for slowing the game down? Each match takes between 15-20 minutes or so. I think that is about the sweet spot. I could be about off on that, but I always feel like I can get 4 matches in an hour.

Maybe at rank 20. Climb higher and there are plenty of games where it's no longer than 5 minutes.

I remember a while back, seeing an idea that IIRC was, repair speed is scaled based on how many survivors are alive. It might just be what is needed to appropriately slow the game down.

• Kuroyu
    edited August 2018

Yeah I am using Ruin on my Hag build unfortunaley its been found in 1min many times. I am rank 11 atm and its pissing me off that the higher I climb the faster and more stressful the game becomes. Of course! I am a babykiller and I will need to learn more before judging the system but I am a r1 survivor and can at least tell that the ruin perk or the whole system needs to be reworked. I can't count how many times I destroyed a totem on a hill or spawned right next to it.

• Kuroyu
    edited August 2018

I can't remember playing toxic as a survivor. In the other hand I had shittons of toxic people in my lobby as a killerwith weird names like "Give up Killer" or "Killer needs to go" "toxic jake" Toxic life" what the hell is wrong with those people? I am rank 1 I am having over 1k hours and I can't recall being that way.

• Kuroyu

@Dudddd said:
    Kuroyu said:

Legit. But why would you assume that I were camping? Because I don't. My chases takes too long sometimes yes but even if I catch someone quick and patrol gens I must be doing something wrong? Because still they genrush sometimes and If I am meaning genrush I do

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@Nightmare247 said:
    What do you mean for slowing the game down? Each match takes between 15-20 minutes or so. I think that is about the sweet spot. I could be about off on that, but I always feel like I can get 4 matches in an hour.

15-20 minutes? That must be nice

• Rem
    Rem Member Posts: 13

Yeah... I just got to rank 5 and the game's not fun anymore - the pace is crazy, but not in a good way. Every lobby the survivors pop up all at once so I assume it's SWF? The attitude, the cheek... I mean, shouldn't survivors be AFRAID of a killer? They are bullying the killer instead!

I wonder if the devs play at these high ranks?... Apparently only nurse or Billy are any good there, but I don't like playing those two. I think ALL killers should be relevant at all points. 15-20 minutes is nonsense. It's 5 minutes tops. If you're lucky...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Nightmare247 said:

Are we playing the same game? The game only takes that long if I go afk to derank and survivors tbagg in front of the afk killer

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Kuroyu said:
    Yeah I am using Ruin on my Hag build unfortunaley its been found in 1min many times. I am rank 11 atm and its pissing me off that the higher I climb the faster and more stressful the game becomes. Of course! I am a babykiller and I will need to learn more before judging the system but I am a r1 survivor and can at least tell that the ruin perk or the whole system needs to be reworked. I can't count how many times I destroyed a totem on a hill or spawned right next to it.

That is one of the most problematic aspects of the game unfortunately. Rank system is messed up and instead of how skillful you are, it shows how much you played the game.

A baby killer can easily reach green and purple ranks. I am neither a baby killer nor a good killer but I reached red ranks. It shouldn't have happened. A survivor shouldn't receive a pip if he scored less than 16-17k, a killer shouldn't receive a pip if he couldn't kill at least 2 people while hooking other guys for once.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    This is why i’ll always be running Hex : Haunting Grounds. Go ahead, break my totems. Good luck.
    I could see it getting a buff. Maybe the second totem shouldn't turn dull. Or once cleansed, the hex should spawn at a different dull totem.

What I find really amusing, is that survivors just can't avoid the urge to cleanse. It should be clear now, that the new killer had this perk. But survivors still cleanse every hex they can get their hands on.
  • Kuroyu

@Delfador said:

@Kuroyu said:

That is one of the most problematic aspects of the game unfortunately. Rank system is messed up and instead of how skillful you are, it shows how much you played the game.

A baby killer can easily reach green and purple ranks. I am neither a baby killer nor a good killer but I reached red ranks. It shouldn't have happened. A survivor shouldn't receive a pip if he scored less than 16-17k, a killer shouldn't receive a pip if he couldn't kill at least 2 people while hooking other guys for once.

you are right but it happend often (and thats the reason) that I had braindead survivors so I mostly killed 4 people until I reached around rank 13 where they slowly started to gain brain. At around 12-11 they were annoying (yeah I know babykiller problems :D) as hell. Unfortunaley I wasn't prepared I ranked up too quick xD

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137
    edited August 2018

@Nightmare247 Not to be rude but I assume you are in low ranks (17 - 20) from your arguments. I remember seeing you defend DS in another thread saying it is fine as is. No sane player with at least a few hundred hours in game would say that. DS in its current state is broken, period. Also, gen rush is real. It ain't survivor's fault in anyway after all it is their objective. It is just bad game design especially considering SWFs in Comm, second chance perks and awful maps with pallets every 20 feet away which makes non-billy, nurse killers almost obsolete in high ranks without being heavily dependent on add-ons.

@Kuroyu I guess a really rewarding side objective (optional) would be the best option which would make it fair and fun for both sides. Also it could solve the long standing complaint of survivors not able to get enough bloodpoints compared to killers.

Post edited by kimukipi on
  • Jigsawn
    Jigsawn Member Posts: 19

We all want more survivor objectives to help fix this.

However I do like the suggestion that a Ruin-like effect is present at all times (and removing the totem aspect of it of course). Unfortunately it's kinda annoying as a gameplay mechanic for survivors (sitting at 1 gen for ages if you aren't hitting great skill checks is boring). The other problem with Ruin is that good survivors can consistently hit the Great skill checks and therefore counter Ruin that way. So I think you'd need some kind of rework on it.

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@kimukipi said:
    @Nightmare247 Not to be rude but I assume you are in low ranks (17 - 20) from your arguments. I remember seeing you defend DS in another thread saying it is fine as is. No sane player with at least a few hundred hours in game would say that. DS in its current state is broken, period. Also, gen rush is real. It ain't survivor's fault in anyway after all it is their objective. It is just bad game design especially considering SWFs in Comm, second chance perks and awful maps with pallets every 20 feet away which makes non-billy, nurse killers almost obsolete in high ranks without being heavily dependent on add-ons.

You are not rude, that is a great assumption, but a bit off. I took about 1 month off (vacation work picking up etc) and started around 15 after the mid-season patch and the rank resets. I normally play between 8-4. I play matches and either leave at the end of matches/exit early to depip or allow a killer to hook me second stage and die on hook purposefully as a survivor. As a killer it is incredibly hard not to pip. I personally don't have any passion or drive to be in those top ranks and I find these ranks currently to be the best for matchmaking. I am sure many people can agree.

But there are plenty of top-tier players who are not on an SWF team. Many times they just happen to pair up and their ideas and skills are similar. You can watch some Twitch streamers to see that many times the same names pop up (could be stream sniping), but they are not in voice communications and are still obliterating killers. Those are also the same players who don't run DStrike and often the killers don't run ruin.

I agree that there needs to be something else to do to prevent the survivors from doing their objective. I don't believe that gen rushing happens every game. I just feel that survivors know in order to escape/win I need to do gens and very often they cannot trust the other people so they complete them.

I don't recall my DS conversation entirely, but I do remember saying it is broken, but should not be a top priority since there are far more important things to fix (like the super terrible perks at the bottom of the list). I think I agreed and said DS is annoying when all 4 run it, but if there were not so many safe pallets and window vaults they would not be as terrible.

One of my main issues is that there are very limited perks that survivors use. With the current PTB there are a few more perks to flesh out a great build for killers (one decent addition for survivors), but that now makes about 8 perks or so that killer's builds could rotate to make them viable. Survivors just don't have that. So if you rebuild the survivor's perks first. This makes DS an option unlike it is now as it is one of 5 great perks for survivors. You may see the problem take care of itself except in extremely toxic groups if there are better perks.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Nightmare247 said:

15-20 minutes? That must be nice

Ikr? What beautiful reality is he living in to have an actual match instead of a 5 minute gen rush pointless game?

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    4 gens can be completed in as little as 50 seconds or something close to that.