5 minutes is to much

2»

Comments

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

I agree that 5 minutes is a bit much for your first DC. It's sad that players even feel the need to DC in the first place, but I get it. Hell, I've done it. Most of us play to relax, enjoy, and have fun. Not feel forced to have to tolerate a style of gameplay that makes you miserable, which, in a way is what the penalty is doing in my opinion. Killers can play any way they want now ( not that they didn't before ) with the comfort of knowing that survivors have to deal with it, or take a " time out ", which is wrong, and it's making a lot of them be bigger douchebags. An insidious camping legion, an rbt tunneling pig, a face camping doctor. That's 3 that I faced last night. I don't understand that kind of gameplay. I mean, you're not learning anything, and you're not improving your skill..

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

They could easily fix this by taking away the button so you cant manually disconnect yourself

but yes there would be the few times the game has major bugs and you're forced to do so 🤷

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314

Guys i wanted this to be a bait but maybe i didn't express it welI. I actually think dc penalties are fine you can't dc only because you don't like a perk or an addon of the opposit side. I wanted to joke about how short those penalties were.

• RussianSpyPigeon
    RussianSpyPigeon Member Posts: 83

Seems pretty fair to me. You do know there's other things to do to wait right? Books, other games, YouTube. There's many things you could do during 5 minutes.

• RussianSpyPigeon
    RussianSpyPigeon Member Posts: 83

Thank you. If there is somewhat of an emergency then just go AFK, and if you're hooked you're hooked.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

Why be inconvenienced at all? Should be 1 second for first DC. It's not like you are inconveniencing 4 other players by DC'ing. Oh wait.... you ARE inconveniencing 4 other players! That's 4 other players that will get less value from their add ons, offerings and most importantly time. If the average game is 10 minutes long then you are costing 40 minutes worth of inconvenience by DC'ing. Therefore you should get 40 minute ban for first DC and add 40 minutes for each DC after that. Consider yourself getting off easy with 5 minutes.

• 5 minutes is fine, like a lot of people have mentioned. If you dc once for a good reason. 5 minutes is nothing. If your complaining about 5 damn minutes. Then you obviously dc for a dumb reason or you just dc cause you didn't like the match.

• define_squishy
    define_squishy Member Posts: 6

I hate this whole penalty for dcing because I just got a 6 hour penalty for the game giving me errors right after spawning in then kicking me back to main menu with dbd game errors, even after restarting over n over. I didn't DC once and I think it was like 5min, 12min, 15min, 30 min, 1 hour, 6 hours. Also, my internet wasn't having problems. Never thought I'd say this cause I love this game but unless they remove the penalty system until they fix their game errors..I won't play this unfair game anymore. Also, it was 24 hours since I last got a disconnect error and it appears there's no reset system. It just keeps adding on. What's after 6 hours? Like devs this is way strict and unfair when every time ur game gave me disconnect errors. Are you going to fix this or keep ignoring our complaints on twitter?!?!?

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

Wow...before dc penalties it was "Devs need to do something about dcs". Now it's "It's too harsh". So what do you people want?

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
  • DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I think the first disconnect offense should mean BHVR call your parents and suggest they ground you for serious breaches of Toxicity and Sabotage of the highest order.

On second offense McCote should upload skynet.

Stop DCing, Save Humanity.

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436

Iam wrong or can it be that some people want have a free dc?

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    edited February 2020

5 min is not even close to be high and considering the fact that the 2nd DC is actually also only 5 min what I have heard.

Every other online multiplayer or pvp game has DC penalties, it's a normal und necessary thing since years. But this community is the only one that complains and cries about it with every kind of pointless excuses, says pretty much everything about the players attitudes and mindsets imo.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Defend them and pointing out how they blow an argument out of the water are two different things.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

If you have really a freeze because of dbd, or some programm that runs in the background, or because of a variety of hardware reasons, you may need to restart your system.

Did I really need to explain that?

Comon I can't write every possible scenario here down, why a user could dc. That posting would go in the dbd forums history as the longest posting ever made by a single user :|.