What’s with everyone wanting NoeD nerfed all of a sudden?

2»

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,038

Not really "all of the sudden"; NOED has been a topic since I joined the Forums. It is not new that people want NOED to be changed. Meanwhile they changed Ruin, which nobody asked for, even tho their reasoning is really understandable.

Thing is, why I dislike NOED: You dont need to learn how to loop when you get those 4% extra MS at the end. The Instadown is one thing, but pairing that up with 4% extra is simply BS.

Then, NOED is a bigger threat for Solos than for SWF, if I would play in a 4 man SWF, I can easily be sure if 5 Totems are gone. As Solo, while cleansing myself, I dont know what the others are doing. And the Emblem System does not allow that I just run around, cleansing Totems.

Not to mention that it is not optimal at all to cleanse Totems for a Perk the Killer might not even have. While I am someone who cleanses every Totem he finds, this is highly unproductive for just a few points. I can spend those seconds on a Gen and be a bigger help for my Team.

Also the Totem Spots on some Maps are really good, making it difficult to find all Totems.

And last but not least and probably my biggest reason for my NOED-Hate: Bad Killers who just camp a Survivor. It is always said "Just do Gens then", which is indeed the Counter to a camping Killer. However, there is not enough time to do all the Gens AND cleanse all Totems, leaving the Killer with NOED to secure at least another Kill...

I really wish for a Change of NOED, I mentioned it earlier, OhTofu made a good suggestion which removes the Totem Status of NOED and let the Killer gain a Token for every Hook he gets, and each Token grants 0,5% Movement Speed and after a certain number of Hooks, the Killer gets the Insta-Down (both after all Gens were done). This is so much better, it rewards not the guy who does not know how to play Killer and also not that guy who just facecamps the first person he found, but those Killers who are actually giving their best get a reward at the end which might help them to turn the game around.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    edited February 2020

Go ahead and nerf noed, in return how about a MS buff for all killers across the board with maybe an extra effect blindness exhaustion etc for 60 seconds. Id almost be willing to do that 😈 bwahahah

Edit: After reading some more comments, even better idea, lets remove the hex requirement of NOED. That way when people say DUH KILLUH GUTS REWURDUHD FER PLUYING BUUUDDD NUURF NO COUNTEROPPPP" then they will be right 😁

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175

People are not wanting noed nerfed all of a sudden. This forum is like 40% killers complaining about bt, adrenaline, etc., 40% complaining about noed, 15% people complaining about the 'us versus them' mentality here, and 5% general discussion. The beef between the bloods and the crips is over whether noed is balanced or not. Archaeogists have unearthed ancient burial tombs with hieroglyphics inscribed on the walls calling for nerfs for noed. The Amazon Rainforest is actually a post in braille talking about how op noed is, and the fact that humans keep deleting parts of it is why bad things happen.

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

All of a sudden?

This is daily a part of the DbD forums.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Because they want "Facecamping/Tunneling against Ruin nerf" back on, but the Ruin part changed for Noed 😎

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

When it first released it was completely busted. No counter but stealth as it released before hex perks did

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

Wait, Survivors spawn on hook now !!?? Unless this is just exaggeration you have more than 2 minutes to do 5 gens (80 seconds by default for 3 people on each gen) and have the opportunity to cleanse any totem you found throughout the trial. Didn't found all 5 and NOED activated ? You know where the totem isn't so finding now is easier than ever.

Also, "these people" don't play Killer if they don't know that you are playing with 3 perks for a gamble at Endgame, if that isn't enough of an effort than do it yourself, play with only 3 perks and say that you don't need the slot for DS or BT or your favorite exhaustion perk.

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

Very true, since they win every time they are now going after noed, and they will win. They always do

• TitanByDaylight
    TitanByDaylight Member Posts: 169

I got to agree with @Frankie on this 1, NOED can be countered games usually last around 5 minutes nowadays. There's plenty of time to get totems and DS gives a whole minute of protection and four people can have that.

• imlegion
    imlegion Member Posts: 62

As mentioned dull totems when your camping or tunneling which is fine and not bannable but oh god it’s the end of the world that we actually ask that you earn your noed not be rewarded for gameplay that turns new people away killing a game further than what is already done point is you need to do something for your noed getting insta hits when you played like crap the whole game it’s not fair not fun and sure the hell not balanced and before you talk DS or BT just know those perks got there nerf into the ground last year

• imlegion

Bt use to work for the saved and the person using it now it only works on the hooked one you have to be in your TR which good luck if you got insidious DS use to be a free escape now it’s very situational you all like to ######### and moan but you never consider balance your mad cuz you lost a few games and it happens doesn’t mean the devs need to make the game run in your favor

• imlegion

I’m not gonna run and do all the totems cuz that’s another thing you’ll start bitching about soon all my totems are getting cleansed we already have that issue with DH that was the issue with the ruin nerf sometimes it’s there all trial but 70 percent of the time it’s gone in 3 minutes noed is just like ruin it’s giving you a ability and rewarding you for bad gameplay the more time I spend in game the more advantages a killers has the less time I’m in that match the better so yeah doing totems is not on my list it takes too long rewarding bad gameplay is turning people away from this game and major balance issues

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

Because it's the last thing they can't control in turning this game into a gen sim. I mean, they could do totems but then they can't turn on gens in under 2 minutes.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I actually agree with this... but the killer could hook all 4 survivors once then wait for NOED to activate... I'd say 6 hook actions then the activates and survivors get the exposed status (maybe make it appear in the middle of the screen to make it unavoidable)

• willoftheboss
    willoftheboss Member Posts: 59

by this logic it's not fair that survivors can't win if they don't do gens, so gens should just autocomplete and the game teleports them to the exit so they don't have to worry about being chased

and you would STILL complain it's not enough

no. git gud, stop whining.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I use NOED if I'm feeling vindictive, but usually, it's only on one of my Plague builds, That endgame cleansing needs to be punished.

• judge_fist
    judge_fist Member Posts: 114

They say theirs no counter. 99 the exit gates and cleanse every totem you see. Really just 99% the door is huge. I've trained my swf group on that. Since I've got them all doing it we haven't been hit with it in days. Easy.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Exactly. Next will be slippery meat because why the ######### not.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

It's simple really. Survivors won't be happy until every killer is a 105% M1 killer with no perks or addons. Even then, someone will probably complain that killer is OP because he is faster than them.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Thank you for indirectly calling me a nobody. 😥😜😥

• GreezyWeezy
    GreezyWeezy Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2020

NOED should not even be a perk. It should be a base kit with every killer to keep the survivors from farting around for the last 5 minutes. Wasting time looking for totems problem solved.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Out of the sudden? It was a complaint since 2016, no clue where u get that "out of the sudden" vibe

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

so, even more handholding

the warnings when any status effect is triggered is so pathetic to begin with. Touch a totem? Here's your Thrill of the Hunt warning. Get stalked too much? Here's your warning that the killer is near you. Devour is active? Here, go find it. Make your choice is active? Run and hide for 60 seconds.

It's sad the amount of babysitting survivors require.

You could always assume NOED exists.. by you know.. touching totems for 16 seconds.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

Right after survivors "earn" all 948394893483498348394834983849 of their second chances, we can talk about one of the few second chance killer perks.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

Its the current flavor of the week. Give it some time and they will move onto Freddy, Mori, Billy or something else.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Ruin is nerfed, Noed Next, then Nurses etc etc etc

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

Ahhh, but you see, Billy and Freddy happened already. Fortunately, those with brains in their skulls shut those baby survivors down. They knew they couldn't win that argument, so they moved to NOED, an even more unwinnable argument.

• Crimbojambo
    Crimbojambo Member Posts: 82

Yeah NoED doesn't need a nerf. Its easily countered and helps if you expect to be gen rushed. Not to mention if you get rid of all the dull totems it can't spawn. There's nothing else you could change that wouldn't kill the perk.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    edited February 2020

Another entitled killer main ignoring all arguments given why NOED is the worst designed perk, even conspiring that the complains came all of a sudden, which just shows how unreasonable the TE is.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

I’m not even a killer main anymore!

Thinking someone has a different opinion than you doesn’t make them a killer main, it makes them human.

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227
    edited February 2020

People are never happy.

That's what's with it.

Hex: Ruin got nerfed, so they move onto the next thing. Guess what? If they nerfed NOED, they would go onto the next thing again, be it Pop Goes the Weasel, or whatever.

It's like people don't want to actually play the game anymore. They want it completely automated where you basically just have to login & that's it. No one wants a challenge. No one wants one game to differ from the next. It's ridiculous.

On top of that, the community is very toxic & these forums & extremely negative & pessimistic. So this is what you get. Constant complaining & calling for things to get nerfed/removed/changed.

No one is talking about buffing something like Slippery Meat. They're talking about what to nerf next.

Complaining about NOED as a Survivor is like complaining about Adrenaline as a Killer, except you can't cleanse totems to get rid of Adrenaline...

Here's a secret: when you read someone saying "nerf NOED!" just pretend those words say "I'm bad" instead. Because that's basically what it is.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited February 2020

Haha, I think its you that needs to git gud if you are scared of a nerf that would only affect baby campers lol

Sorry but some killers just dont want to be associated with people like you just because they use NOED.

I want to be able to use NOED without my IQ lowering as a killer, and play survivior without baby campers with NOED

• Archimedes5000

I have literally never seen anyone saying that NOED has no counter lol.

You keep saying "jUsT dO tOtEmS" even though no one complains about that xD

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Again. Exposed is THE SINGLE most powerful effect. You SHOULD be warned against it.

Devour Hope and Rancor are the only ones I'm fine with having a hidden exposed effect, because they have conditions.

DH requires you to have hooked 3 people, run past a set radius, and have them NOT die on hook in order to get Exposed. Rancor gives you exposed on your Obsession, but they can get an idea on if they're gonna get Rancor'd or not. Both perks are also useful throughout the game, which for me is a much better thing anyway.

NoED has zero requirements on your end. "Have a remaining dull totem" is not a killer requirement. It only reveals itself on first hit.

Can you at least follow my logic, and see the giant double standard that NoED brings? Too little requirement for such a powerful effect.

• karlofflugosi
    karlofflugosi Member Posts: 63

When there are no more killers left, who will you nerf then?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

If they are dead harding into a wall...wouldnt that imply they were already injured and thus the exposed status effect isnt really affecting that moment anyway?

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175

Its because each side has people that complain and beg for nerfs or buffs instead of adapting during matches or just plain accepting that they aren't as good as they think they are.

• Archimedes5000

Ugh, I guess you are right, noobs are everywhere

But anyway, there are people who try to have a normal discussion, so lets ignore the dumbballs and discuss the real problems.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

NOED is kinda a crutch perk but i think it's still fine because it's countered by cleansing totems

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

At the end of the day DBD has a few options on what to do.

1. Continue balancing as they have been, survivors have easoer and easier time with no challenge as killers who cant keep up drop the game for something else.

2. Consider the other side when balancing and try and keep their player-base stable, making killer a power role and try to prevent a vocal outcry everytime something is changed for survivors or killers.

3. ( Unfortunately i think we may be heading toward) Remove the killer role by creating a killer AI, thereby letting survivors be as easy as they wanna play while completly forgoing the killers. You lose your killer player-base but survivors should be happy, althought tbagging and flashlight clicking wont aggravate anyone anymore (Except those survivors who remember what playing a pvp game was like).

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851

I think NOED is fine, and I am a survivor main. Ruin was fine as well- it should be reverted back. Perks in this game are not OP- if anything, some need a slight buff like Mettle of Man (this was originally OP, NGL) & Lucky Break.

• Managomousx
    Managomousx Member Posts: 3

I play both survivor and killer, so here are my thoughts...

I think the problem people have with NOed in particular is that it really does reward bad killers. In a sense, it's a comeback mechanic similar to the blue shell in Mario Kart. You can say that survivors are bad for not cleansing all the totems...but NOed in itself is a lame mechanic.

I don't agree with nerfing it...but I do agree that it would be nice to either have an indication that NOed has been activated without the need for the killer to down someone...or having a totem indicator to let survivors know how many totems are left. Is a totem counter really that unreasonable? I think it would help solo players without making things easier for people who team.

As for ruin, the mechanic was stupid. I understand it was meant to delay the game so this way killers have more of a chance...but the gameplay that it resulted in for the survivors was not exciting and was very derpy. "Oh ruin is enabled, merp derp time to run around the map aimlessly looking for it". It does not promote skillful gameplay for the killer, not does it promote skillful gameplay by the survivor. I like the iteration of Ruin now as it makes me more hesitant to leave a generator.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Because there's been a massive increase in Noed use.

• Liisjak
    Liisjak Member Posts: 40

I had a perfect example last game, they gen rushed me...3 gens poped at the end of the first hook lol They tea bagged...

And of course NOED kicked in and I slugged em all rofl, easy 4k. Imagine the chat after the game XD