Is it really hard to implement a "Hook Counter"?!

I mean, this has been suggested SO long ago and so many times!

The change is so simple, yet it has not been implemented. Every time it's mentioned, everyone in favor of it. It's such a huge QoL improvement for killers who don't want to tunnel. but it's not in yet.

I'm getting sick of memorizing who I should or should not hook to avoid tunneler.

I mean, seriously? Yawn!

The change is simple - show next to each survivor on what hook stage he is in. It's SO simple, and so easy to implement, but the Dev just won't, and I really have no idea why not. Whatever I guess...

Comments

• TrueLegend
    TrueLegend Member Posts: 25

+1

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

• Papi_Sans1
    Papi_Sans1 Member Posts: 25

Just look at the bar. Above half is still attempt escape phase, below or at half is struggle, none is dead. Knowing which phase each survivor is in is on the killer and the survivor equally, so I don't really think theres much of a problem there. Just pay attention and it's pretty easy to remember when a survivor is dead.

• Satsui
    Satsui Member Posts: 142

Its necessary. Sometimes you have players using the same survivor, and I should focus on the game not memorizing how many times I hooked who!

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

It will encourage tunneling especially in new killers. Taking someone out of the game is valuable as a killer.

• Dead_by_David17
    Dead_by_David17 Member Posts: 75

So basically youre saying "screw survivors having fun, only my fun matters."

You toxic killer mains are so self centered, yikes.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    edited February 2020

That's not what I said. To paraphrase, I said it's not the killers responsibility to provide you with an entertaining experience. Make your own fun. Killers aren't clowns that exist to dance, sing, and make ######### balloon animals for survivors. We exist to kill you.

Though, I guess that does include me not really taking your fun into consideration. I play to win, by any means within the rules created by the devs. Usually, that's not fun for survivors. Don't act so piddly like you don't have all the tools as a survivor to avoid getting killed. Survivors have so many second chance perks it's crazy, lol

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

We can only hope that devs will notice and add this much needed QoL change.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

All this would really do is cause more people to tunnel when they see that Meg there is on death hook while the two Claudettes tbagging by the pallet haven't been hooked at all.

Also how would a hook counter be implemented into the HUD?

Putting it by the icons in the bottom right wouldn't help in situations where everyone wears the same cosmetics, unless you're keeping track of who's Injured; at which point it's not much of a stretch to just pay attention to who was hooked last.

All-in-all, I just think you're asking for a QOL change that's more trouble than it's worth.

Just look at the bottom right when you hook or down someone to see which of the four icons change. Then avoid downing or hooking that person again.

• Satsui
    Satsui Member Posts: 142

If a killer wants to tunnel someone, they will tunnel him with or without hook counter! That's senseless. He just has to keep eye camp and tunnel the same guy. On the other hand, not having hook counter on survivors makes it really difficult to keep track if you DONT want to tunnel someone or kill them too soon into the game.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Nah its better the way it is

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

I'd like this added, but only if the killer couldn't see it. Itd be a nice qol for survivors to see what hook their teammates are on

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

This will be PERFECT for Pig! Oink oink! 🐷

(not pig main)

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Maybe for survivors, but not for killers. There's just some things that you don't need numbers for and this would be one of those things. As a killer you should be managing hooks. Who you've hooked before, how many times etc. It's part of playing killer and you really don't need a counter to tell you how many times you've hooked someone. That's just a little too much handholding imo and could probably prove to be more of a problem than a good thing.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Eh, im against giving too much information, I Think the game is doing that already.

Idk, I would just say...pay attention.