We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

delete

Mhiluumae
Mhiluumae Member Posts: 9
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

--

Post edited by Mhiluumae on

Comments

• Mhiluumae
    edited March 2021

--

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

If the killer wants you dead, the killer will sacrifice you.

The best you can do is buy your teammates time so your teammates can power generators and escape. 😁

• Mhiluumae
    edited March 2021

--

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I assumed this was a troll wait is this serious?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

You get Light bringer points for distracting the killer from generators, if your teammates does generators. This will be a silver or gold quality, it depends on your ability to loop and mind game the killer.

Typically, you will get sacrificed with a silver broken emblem.

Chaser will likely be gold because you got involved in many chases.

Benevolence is bronze because you're not going to be making any unhooks.

Total Emblem Points: 9 out of 16.

Probably a safety pip just for dying from the killer.

• RussianSpyPigeon
    RussianSpyPigeon Member Posts: 83

The amount of people that complain 24/7 and talk about how bad it is but still play it is insane.

• I_Face_Camp
    I_Face_Camp Member Posts: 244

Thats why single player games are generally the way to go. You buy the game for a set price, play the game until completion, have fun doing so, and move on. There are no cosmetics to buy, no real money ingame purchases, and no battlepass. I have realized this recently. I still have alot of fun in DBD and certain other multiplayer games but when I do finally lose interest I will likely stay away from future multiplayer games. There is too much grind and it takes too much time.

• Mhiluumae
    edited March 2021

--

• Mhiluumae
    edited March 2021

--

• TheObamacare
    TheObamacare Member Posts: 29

I don't want to play a game like that either, idk why you survivors think its fun when we have to "camp" or "tunnel" but if we don't, and especially in red ranks we simply will lose. And not pip ourselves. And before someone says "you can pip without doing this" yeah but have you played a game where you are looped and hit with every pallet on the map for a safety pip.... Its infuriating.

Take a step back and view it from others point of view.

Literally the end of last year and beginning of this one has been a huge nerf to killers, like back to back to back... See how they feel.

• Its_Vigo_Here
    Its_Vigo_Here Member Posts: 118

You're mistaken, altruism while in the end does contribute to a win state. It in itself is just a means to an end. The Dev said in a live stream that it's every survivor for himself, and sometimes you have to do a little backstabbing to make it so you can win. If a killer is camping or tunneling then you punish that by doing gens, or bringing in meta perks like DS. if you punish a killer that does this then they will go down and ranks because the worst thing you can do with a camping killer is sitting near the hook because that means that they're not being punished. They're wasting your time and they're not losing any emblem because you're sitting near the hook. You can also bring kindred so that way you can see the killer if he's camping.

The way I see it is this, camping, tunneling, and slugging are okay. This is because survivors can teabag, loop, hold the game hostage in the end game. Are these things annoying? Yeah but it's how you win and if you don't care about winning then don't try to win and let your rank go down. You can't punish someone for playing the game the way they want to play the game. The same way you can't ban a survivor, for playing the game the way they want to play it. If that means teabagging and clicking flashlights then so be it. It's the nature of competitive experiences, people will try to cheese and the best the devs can do is to incentivize good gameplay which they do by punishing camping with a emblem penalty, and by basically guaranteeing the survivors will get three gens by the end of a single life maybe even more!

There you go those are your tools to counter camping and tunneling. You can kit out your build for it, you can accept it as a part of the game, or you could get better and go up and rank where camping will be significantly less present.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Doors open, person on hook, you need to expect NOED. Much like seeing an obsession means killer has to expext DS.

Doors open, killer camping, unless you are in a very coordinated team, that survivor on hook is done. Dont add to the kill count and just go.

I get you want to help people, but unhooking in killers face is not the way to go. Play smarter and you will win with a pip.

• Mhiluumae
    edited March 2021

--

• Mhiluumae
    edited March 2021

--

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

People have a hard time realizing that they can't play this game the same way every time. Sometimes you can run a killer, sometimes its best to dwight the lockers. Sometimes a killer will let you be altruistic. Sometimes you can't. You need to adapt ti the situation and constantly change plans on the fly. I hate leaving people behind but...

Had a game last night. Someone was on hook last gen popped. I 99'd the door and started back to hook. Another person hook traded so i got survivors attention and ran behind her. I was injured, noed was up but it was a random time where i was running dead hard. Baited the swing and 2 of us got out. Moral of story, if i didn't have dead hard that other person was on their own.

I play solo. During course of match i do everything i can to keep everyone alive while doing generators. I dont run BT so i dont put myself into the position of hook trading. If doors are open i assess the situation and if its possible for a save ill go for it. If not then i need the bloodpoints.

• FogNoob
    FogNoob Member Posts: 115

You should run kindred... specially if you're playing alone. Whenever I see a killer camping I just rush those gens. I mean, 1 camp could easily turn into 3 or 4 gens done, easy win. Yeah, I know it sucks for whoever is on the hook but the best we can do is not feed the camper more kills and just leave.