Dedicated Servers (Xbox)

Zillence
Zillence Member Posts: 41
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

So after complaining for 2 months, hearing the terrible feedback from pc and ps4, telling me that servers are terrible and I'm incredibly lucky to be on Xbox, in my wildest dreams I never imagined I'd end up needing to make an apology. But I'm so incredibly sorry to every player who argued with me trying to warn me of the absolute horrors that which are dedicated servers.

In my 5000hrs on Dead by Daylight, I have taken only one hiatus, which took place due to the miserable sound bugs from the first lunar event.

I think this might finally be enough to drive me off the game for the second time. At least as killer.

There is no simple way to express just how terrible I feel. But in the simplest ways I can speak, it took 3 games to lose my voice yelling, and 5 games total to get me to turn the game off.

The choppy and sporadic movement of survivors makes killers like Nurse and Huntress miserable. The frame drops from nearly everything make every single latency issue astronomically worse.

But truly what makes this so, awe-strikingly miserable is the insane amount of lag. It is truly impressive how much fear seeing the number 50 on the ping bar has become for me.

It takes so long for the game to react that at this point I feel like I'm just spamming buttons and hoping one of them works in time before the survivor uses a pallet or window. Watching in slow motion while I smash my buttons to swing, begging, just this once for my character to actually swing his weapon, and then watching painfully as it does nothing and I'm left there standing, defeated, and dead inside.

I have never felt so useless in my life.

I consistently get green ping, my internet is 410 download, 23 up, and 42 latency.

To those who read this I hope you enjoyed at least a little giggle from my pain, and to BHVR, please, please get it together..

Comments

• StoleAPensacola
    StoleAPensacola Member Posts: 5

I didn’t want them after I saw pc lmao

• ItzNobody
    ItzNobody Member Posts: 185

*crab rave*

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

Are you saying Xbox got dedicated servers?

Sad face

• ItzNobody
    ItzNobody Member Posts: 185

@kreeper it's really not that bad, the game feels a lot smoother in my opinion 🙂

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

I'll have to wait and see until I get home from work. Hopefully they're not as bad as everyone makes them out to be

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Not great for survivors either. I dropped a pallet on a Spirit, got the stun and a second later got hit.

Another time I clearly vault the window and take 5 steps only to get hit anyway, despite the killer having swung 3 seconds ago.

Amazing.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

TBF, latency is not an easy problem to fix. Like, you can only do so much to account for the fact that light actually has a travel time, and that you can't make everyone's machine show the exact same thing at the exact same time. Theory of relativity and all.

That said the game does feel extra janky on dedi's. Like it would be inconsistent before too but this is a whole new level.

I remember when Gears of War 2 switched to dedi's. It really changed the game overnight (though it was hard to gauge because they also update the Gnasher to be a ######### sniper rifle in the same update). But from then on it always felt like the guy with the worst ping in the room got away with the most BS. Prior to that the only one that could pull off the BS was host, and only if they were a laggy host. My best friend had a 300MB connection back during the days of Gears 1, everyone that connected to him would have full bars (basically green ping, <30ms) and the game played very smooth. I miss the good 'ol days.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Smoother if your internet is near flawless. Australians are almost as angry atm than when our PM basically DC'd from the country.

• Zillence
    Zillence Member Posts: 41

I completely disagree. I live by a server, I get average ping of 50-90 now.

My internet is 490 download (I remembered wrong earlier lol), 23 upload, and 42 latency.

It takes so incredibly long for my inputs to go in I can't even fathom how BHVR decided to green light this.

Like I full on can't play non-m1 killers now. Anything that requires precision is unplayable now. Survivor is okay, m1 killers like wraith are good. But nurse, spirit, huntress, Billy, ESPECIALLY Doctor are completely ruined.

• Nudge4511
    Nudge4511 Member Posts: 34

Me and my brother are considering just not playing until its fixed. We're in the UK and the best we get is just under 200 ping, and killers can hit us way after the pallets dropped, like it is horrendous. I moaned about killers with bad ping before the servers went live and know I would rather go against that than this nightmare.

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

Is that what happened? I was wondering why xbox killer didn't feel like easy mode anymore.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,452
    edited February 2020

Haven’t had the chance to test it yet. I just hope Hag doesn’t feel worse than she already did, slideshow level frames was horrific.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Tested dedicated on PC and knew what was coming. Swapped DH for Sprint burst and trying to remember to drop pallets early. Feels bad for killers

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Just had a chance to test the dedicated servers. Woow... Just woow.

I can't even find the right words to describe just how bad they are on both sides but it seems a LOT worse on survivor side. I think I will post a thread with peer to peer / dedicated server comparison video samples in the upcoming days.

This is just unplayable. What's the point of releasing new content when the game is unplayable?

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

When did dedicated servers come to Xbox?

• Andy111777
    Andy111777 Member Posts: 62
    edited February 2020

I see a lot of killer complaints... I tried a game of survivor and boy that was fun... Threw down a pallet before the killer got in reach, started to run and I still got downed from his hit

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I did this to a Yui on Hawkins, but it was weird. I instadowned her as Oni, then 2 seconds later, as I pick her up, the pallet she dropped on me activated and stunned me, freeing her. No other survivor was nearby. We both kind of looked at the pallet shocked for a moment.