The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Advice on Hitting Survivors

So I've discovered a new tech called 'Running at the killer'. It's a lot more effective than the hook tech, as survivors literally in front of me I seem to miss.

All jokes aside, I really need help here. I'm struggling with being able to hit survivors even when I feel that they should've connected. Sometimes it's latency, other times it's me being terrible at spacing. Any tips on how to hit more often?

Comments

• GreezyWeezy
    GreezyWeezy Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2020

Run Shadowborn, it increases your terrible 1st person field of view up to 15 degrees up down left and right, so survivors can't crouch right in front of you and not be visible, also it helps with jukes and 360s. Grab Unrelenting too it gives you a 30% quicker missed hit cooldown. Get close be patient and don't lunge attack just tap R2 the cooldown is quicker.

• blasto
    blasto Member Posts: 41

When survivors are close it seems to work better to tap m1 than to lunge. The aim assist seems to work better. Also sweeping your camera to keep up with movement helps when they’re trying to juke you

• ThreeQuarters
    ThreeQuarters Member Posts: 10

Try to hold your swing for a few seconds. They're baiting you by running at you and you're swinging in anticipation that they'll continue running at you, but they'll turn away at the last second. Just be patient and walk a little closer before swinging, and try to anticipate the survivor's jukes (this often takes practice).

I disagree with most of Greezy's suggestions. Shadowborn is good on some killers but I don't think the perk really gives you anything worthwhile. Unrelenting is a bit of a noob trap; it's better to just learn to bait out Dead Hard and not fall for jukes. You will usually want to lunge to get a hit; tapping left click (or RT or whatever) will only hit the survivor if they are literally touching your character model. The cooldown is technically shorter than the lunge cooldown but by a negligible amount (you can look this up on youtube or dbd wiki). Learn to follow the survivor's movements with your mouse (or whatever on the controller) as you lunge; they will often juke quickly left or right.

• Adamant_Tepig
    Adamant_Tepig Member Posts: 125

With the kinds of quick left and right jukes I've seen for a while, I feel like some survivors would kill it on the basketball court lol

Yeah, I think if I can keep my eye on the survivors that'd help a lot.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited February 2020

Im a low rank Killer, but I have a tips for you. As I noticed myself while playing

Most of the time you make your target in the middle of your screen (1) (easy explain habit, to make its easier to track if target change the direction on screen). But remember your target can only run left, right and downward-(as running toward you). They can not run upward your screen-(flying)

So if you set your camera as (2), its much easier for you to react target running toward you. And able to see crouching blocker. It works for me, save a perk slot, especially Shadowborn is weak to Flashlight.

• GreezyWeezy
    GreezyWeezy Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2020

Thank you for the visual. Makes sense and I'll give it a try too. To the op Adament_Tepig try out different methods and techniques and you will find what works best. Most important thing is patience and timing, because as a killer mistakes are punished severely. And never give up just because gens are all done, you can still get kills and blood points by catching greedy survivors slipping.