Moris Being Standard for Killers

Options
DarkHunter99
DarkHunter99 Member Posts: 18
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

I feel like mories should just come standard in the killers kit, just make it so that killers receive little to no points for it. Having the ability to kill survivors off the bat creates a choice for killers; a high risk, high reward situation where killers would get more points for sacrificing survivors and less points for just killing them off. I believe that the ultimate goal of the game for killers is to satisfy the entity with sacrifices. This would give killers a clearer objective to work towards as people are currently divided as to what counts as a victory for killers. This also would relieve the stress the killers are faced with because time is not on their side. If gens are being rushed, a killer has the option to kill a survivor, but in doing so it displeases the entity. Think of this as like a chef trying to serve enough food to a critic for him to be satisfied.

Post edited by DarkHunter99 on

Comments

• peacemaker94
    peacemaker94 Member Posts: 21
    Options

Interesting idea, but wouldn't it make some imbalance in match?

I mean, sometimes killer can just eliminate the most annoying survivor just to make his game easier.

Sometimes im bringing the green mori in match definitely cuz of that reason - it just helps me slow the game down with death of the most skillfull survivor.

• DarkHunter99
    Options

I'm going by the rules of a green/red mori. Sorry if that wasn't clear

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

What you described is literally no risk at all / high reward.

The game is not balanced around survivors having only 1 "legit" chance to survive.

Easily 90% of all experienced killers would just tunnel the first survivor off the hook to mori 1 survivor out of the game early on so they can casually 3-hook the other 3 survivors to make sure they can squeeze out as many bloodpoints as possible without risking to lose the match and pretend to be good at the game.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,232
    edited February 2020
    Options

@ZoneDymo I demand the ability to Fatality tbag Clau at the gate after my Blood warden activated

In various ways

• DarkHunter99
    edited February 2020
    Options

@Yamaoka There are still many other factors to consider. Remember, DBD is a 4V1 game. While your chasing down a survivor, 3 others could be just working on gens. What ends up happening most of the time is that when the first survivor goes down, at most, 2 gens are completed, 3 for extreme scenarios. You have to play smart. Tunneling is never a good idea to do as a killer because the other 3 survivors would still be getting gens done uninterrupted. Not to mention, but what if you chose the wrong survivor to tunnel, making you waist time as the killer chasing an experienced survivor who probably has Decisive Strike, and are you going to tell me that your going to waist time looking for the weakest survivor of the group? Come on. My mentality when thinking about making mori's standard is high level play.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

I like how when someone calls for a survivor buff the replies are

”OMGWTF LOLOL LMAO cant believe u wud ask for this dats completely broken stupid entitled surviv0r mainz”

and when killer asks for moris to become standard somehow the replies are more civil and nobody really seems bothered by the crazy imbalance.

Totally not a heavily killer sided forum at all...

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

On death hook only? Ok, even Ebony basekit would be fine.

With current mori mechanics? Maybe Cypress, but nothing else.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

I think you are suffering from confirmation bias. if you would look for my post you would see Im actually in favor of a Mori nerf......

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

I’m not singling out anyone specific I’m saying the attitude in general is completely different.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Yep, and survivors should be able to carry a weapon too.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I think way more killers than you think would consistently mori as fast as possible.

Just look at Deathgarden, no matter the incentive for hunters to not instantly execute it was probably the most complained about thing in the game. No matter the balance moris (and since it seems obligatory to mention when talking about them, the same goes for keys) can be incredibly anti-fun.

• I_Face_Camp
    I_Face_Camp Member Posts: 244
    Options

I would definetly mori whenever I felt like it. Getting kills any way possible is a win imo. There is no purpose to rank up anyways so I'd just depip and not even care as long as I win (kill people)

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190
    Options

Keys and moris are often seen as the mirror opposites of each other. If moris are made standard how would you feel about reducing points for hatch escapes and make unlock hatch standard for survivors?

Having the ability to unlock hatch off the bat creates a choice for survivors; a high risk, high reward situation where survivors would get more points for door escapes and less points for just escaping through hatch. I believe that the ultimate goal of the game for survivors is to escape with as much of their team as possible. This would give survivors a clearer objective to work towards as people are currently divided as to what counts as a victory for survivors. This also would relieve the stress the survivors are faced with because their team is sometimes not on their side. If gens are not being rushed, a survivor has the option to unlock the hatch, but in doing so it reduces points and rank. Think of this as like a chef trying to serve enough food to a critic for him to be satisfied.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194
    Options

Hahahahaha sure lad

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

No, no, no to the OP. Moris are a problem as is. They encourage tunneling and camping. They need to be reworked or removed.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Killers great for juggling + free mori? No. For this to even have a thought of implementation, killer values would need a large decrease. BP cap for each category would need a 1K drop at the least just for balancing.

Especially when the free mori is saved to just to be a toxic fuk to the player that gave you the hardest time because they're good or when you mori someone and sacrifice the others to let one specific person survive.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

What high risk is having Moris as basekit?. Displeasing the Entity? what is the Entity gonna do about it?. No points is no high risk at all and even if you didnt get sacrifice points the act of ending matches so fast would benefit the killer, less points but way more matches would compensate the penalty.

I remember reading a killer idea in reddit (I believe it was reddit), it was so freakishly op and unfun to play against that it looked like designed by an edgy 13 year old. He had all the good stuff and no drawbacks, one hit kill, leatherface tantrum, fast pallet break, old freddy stealth, no terror radius and on top of that the ability to mindcontrol survivors and move them around. What really baffled me was the responses were very welcoming and even saying it wasnt strong enough.