I'm scared of the future of dbd :( help me please :'(

Options
SawPalin
SawPalin Member Posts: 48
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

Attention : It is recommended to read this text while listening the music : Pride (In The Name Of Love) Lxandra :

Hello everybody, i play dbd since 2016, i had a lot of breaks and there, since the 30 august 2018 i play everyday minimum 3 hours a day.

I'm one of the biggest fan of this game, but today i'm very scared after reading in globality the patch note of the ptb of today ...

I know this post is useless and will change nothing but i need to write it ... Since november 2018 it's almost impossible to play solo survivor without getting mad (search time, bad matchmaking, very cancerous conduct of the players on both side, lot of bugs).

Today i don't have anymore the balls to play solo survivor, i'm more scared to play solo survivor than to play killer. Personnally as killer for me everything is okay, i play freddy, i'm doing good i can't complain of anything... Yes the teams of 4 are strong but it's not often that we see that, 80% of the time we get casua survivors not very smart.

Every killer will now be able to break the wall of a map at the moment, i'm very very scared of this ... :( I play rank 1 killer/survivor even if i am survivor main. I'm scared that the game mechanic will be changed by this capacity to break the wall, i'm scared that we will be in a game where it will be impossible to waste the time of the killer ... Imagine that we can break the jungle jim ?

If it's the case i'm very scared, it's useless to talk about that because we will be able to try this this evening, but i'm scared and i wanted to talk about this, to know if i'm the only one to be scared that the game change and that it will be no more dead by daylight. I spend my time on this game, i'd like to live of this passion, everyday i'm doing my best to create content on youtube twitch on this game and i'm scared.... :(

One day will we be able to click "ready" as survivor and get a game in 2 seconds like a killer ?

Will the matchmaking be fair ?

Will the crossplatform choose be add ?

Will the latency that create a inconsistency on the hit we see on every screen of the 5 players of the game be reduced ? To remove the bad feeling of a hit that looks impossible ?

Will there be no more problems linked to the game for the blocked loading screen that crash the game ?

Will we feel good to play dead by daylight ?

Will there be slenderman ?

Here you are, i know my message is useless, i know there is no interest but i had to write and to share this, i don't feel good at all on the future of dbd, am i the only one ? Help me getting better before testing what scares me more than ever :(

Thank you for reading me. I love Dead By Daylight. Can I get an answer from a developer that might reassure me? :(

Comments

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Breaking walls won’t break the game. You need to break walks to break loop. Very much like you would have to break a pallet to break a loop now. If you don’t break the wall the survivor gets to loop the window multiple times.

I can’t see them ever being added to existing jungle gyms unless they rework jungle gyms for existing maps. Don’t worry though killers won’t get a free ride (no matter how much some people ask for it).

I agree with you that solo kind of sucks now. Hopefully new matchmaking helps being out with competent survivors. Though I kind of doubt it. Only so many good survivors to go around, someones going to have to play with the potatoes.

The games biggest issue right now imo is everyone giving up on hook or going afk. Its hard to play a normal game. Half the killers just go afk and you cant even leave until you’ve done all the gens.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited February 2020
    Options

man, never thought of adding some music so people read my wall of text, good stuff.

But lets be really just realistic here.

Your fear is unfounded, this game is the livelyhood of the devs, they will not suddenly skew the game in the favor of the killers so much that it breaks the game for other players, that would literally kill their arguable slightly undeserved success.

Breaking walls will only be possible in set locations, this game is not advanced enough for this not to be the case, that breaking will also be a balanced thing where its not suddenly completetly killer sided, but a bit harder for survivors to stay at for long.

Just relax, the devs are not entirely stupid.

I do find it interesting you have less issue playing killer then survivor, for me its entirely the other way around, survivor is so...relaxed, and if I do get caught too early or things dont go well, Ill just end it by killing myself on the hook and moving on to the next game.

As killer, if its going poorly, you have to just suffer through it.

• SawPalin
    Options

Thank you for your answer !

Yes tou are right, when i olay with 3 friends i make games without difficulties 90% of the time but when i play solo i'm having a bad time 80% of the time, and as killer it's better generally and i feel like it's less frustrating to play killer but it's because i play only freddy and i don't deserve this.

• SawPalin
    Options

wow cliky thank you so much for your warming i really like it and it makes me feel good !

Yes we think the same way, i think it's true that it is very rare to make a normal game on dbd nowadays when we play alone. I'll hope it will be better, really ! Thank you !

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    edited February 2020
    Options

It's greener pastures complex. Everyone sees the side they play the least as the less stressful. That said it is weird they're nerfing all three of a survivor's main tools when they last posted data showing survivors surviving less than 40% of the time, with even the most survivor sided maps not actually being survivor sided with a kill rate of 53%.

• SawPalin
    Options

Maybe ..

maybe that's why I'm afraid of the future of the game, I'm afraid that I won't be able to get back the sensations of 2016/2017 (yet in 2016 I was only playing killer) since August 30, 2018 I play 80% of the time surviving. maybe I have no legitimacy to give my opinion, I don't know what to think :(

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

what three survivor tools are being nerfed?

Mind you we have no idea how the breaking of walls will work and all maps will be reworked to incorperate it.

It could just as well be that the new map has borderline infinite loops in them that can only be turned into more normal loops by the killer spending time destroying a wall, in which case this would be a survivor sided update, we dont know yet.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    edited February 2020
    Options

They're not reworking maps to incorporate it, they're incorporating places where walls can break. As for survivor tools being nerfs, sabotage, generator repair, and looping(wall breaking).

Breakable walls appear in preset locations, much like pallets. Unlike pallets, a Survivor cannot interact with them in any way. The Killer, however, can walk up to one of these walls and break it down whenever they like.

The new map may have borderline infinite loops(I doubt it, their newer maps are more killer sided), but overall they're just adding breakable walls, with the intention of shortening loops/making pathing easier, which will be added to all maps in the future.

• SawPalin
    Options

I don't know, but we are going to see that in ptb today.

I am really stressed.. its my first time i am stressed when i watch new patch ..

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597
    Options

I can't wait to break a wall to have my game crash and get a dc penalty.

• SawPalin
    Options

@Peanits Hello ! I wanted to say i'm eased of what i saw on the ptb, the wall breaking looks like fair and doesn't change a lot the gameplay, It's totally not as I imagined that, the new killer looks like fair and very good in counter loop It's interesting ! The new map is beautiful, very dark as killer but beautiful ! I saw really no particalar bug on the PTB and the game is fluid and pleasant, It's one of the first time that i had good feeling in term of gameplay on a PTB, so i'm eased ! Thanks ! :)