DC penalties are BS

Options
Azurlynx
Azurlynx Member Posts: 222
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

Every time I or my friend get disconnected because of this shity game we get penalties, which don't even decrease. He got disconnected yesterday and got 2 minutes, he got disconnected today and got 4 minutes. Like #########?? EVEN IF IT WAS BUG WHY DID IT INCREASE??? IT HAS BEEN AT LEAST LIKE 15 HOURS OR SOMETHING. Either fix this game, add some kind of renewer for penalties, cuz this is absolut BS.

Comments

• KrispiesChicken
    KrispiesChicken Member Posts: 171
    Options

I personally don't believe DC penalties were necessary. They were a step in the right direction but people just suicide on hook or DC anyways.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Im up to 15min penalty due to crashes, think i hit 30mins next. Havent dc'd intentionally once. Games becoming a joke.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    edited February 2020
    Options

Me(Mario): *Loses power*

Devs(SMG4): "You're screwed, yeah, you're totally screwed. You're screwed, you're screwdoodilly-dood. You're screwed, you're screwed, you're screwed!"

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    Options

Im not on pc.

• Kiawi
    Kiawi Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2020
    Options

Wait, I thought they didn't implement DC penalties on other platforms, only on pc? So why would you be at 15 minutes?

I had some crashes with my old computer because of a memory problem. Never had a crash since I have a new computer. The only disconnects I experience at the moment are when someone disconnects from the lobby.

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180
    Options

Dedicated servers and dc penalty are live on both pc and console.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    edited February 2020
    Options

If you'r DCing then you're ruining the game for everyone else. Why is it so hard to grasp that that needs to be punished? If you really want to DC go ahead but take the punishment you earned.

You could always just let the killer get you and die on hook too if your that desperate to leave a match.

If you are talking about crashing and If your crashing that consistently, That's a you problem and not the game. Get a better system and/or internet.

• Raven9
    Raven9 Member Posts: 298
    edited February 2020
    Options

I have no idea why you are discussing this. ######### in a hook if you have an urgent job or if an unfortunate incident happened due to the dedicated server.

It's that simple.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Seems like the amount of people experiencing DC bugs has risen since the penalties became a thing.

If the games that #########, take a break from it.

If you know it can bug out, you're knowingly putting yourself in the situation to be DCd, and your teammates to be #########.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

If your game is crashing that often then it's on your system and or internet. The penalty was needed and has already helped a lot with all the petulant children.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Then fix your system, internet, or stop DCing and acting like it's a bug.

If your game crashes, its ######### over your team. Figure your ######### out first.

If it's so ######### and a joke, go try something else for a bit. I hear Civilization is a great game.

• Kiawi
    Kiawi Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2020
    Options

Ah yeah, just checked again and they wrote not on xbox because there are no dedicated servers yet (but that changed in the meantime too). Don't know how I generalised it to all consoles. Sorry, my bad.

Post edited by Kiawi on
  • HawkAyeTheNoo
    Options

No i wont stop playing, ive been playing this game since release and didnt have any problems until Stranger Things dlc.

I will continue playing, i will continue to get dc'd occasionally and hopefully the devs fix it.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    Options

Theres a kid shouting and swearing at me on the internet pmsl.

• xGREENCATx
    xGREENCATx Member Posts: 431
    edited February 2020
    Options

this is my biggest worry with the new penalty. it’s needed, but with how sensitive the game is, i don’t think now is the right time. but i don’t like people abusing and DC’ing and ruining the experience for everyone else. it’s just such a tricky situation right now. if they fixed their servers it’d be solid, bc i’ve watched since the dedicated servers went up on xbox yesterday a few killers just run into walls and DC, so they most likely got penalized for that.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited February 2020
    Options

I've seen this a fair bit while playing survivor and killer. People come off hook and the dc icon appears.

When it's intentional it's normally done before the hook.

But I guess it serves you right for discon....trying to play the game you paid for.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I was for DC penalties at first, but I've noticed a massive increase in DC and suicide since they were put in. I chalked this up to frustration over the penalties at first, but I'm starting to think this is going to be the new norm. Much worse than before. Keep in mind, I'm probably the one of the more fair killers in the game. I will avoid tunneling if at all possible. If I pass by you and you were on the hook less than a minute ago, I'll likely move on and keep looking. At most, I'll down you and keep going. I avoid being a toxic killer because I want to play the game as if the other players are people too and I know how much it sucks to get tunneled out of the game in less than 3 minutes with no points.

Anyways, if I play like that and I'm hammered with suicides and DCs now, then I can only imagine what more toxic killers are seeing. I know I told my wife I'm done with survivor for a while. She has wanted to play more lately, but the level of camping, tunneling, and outright toxicity is through the roof right now. We had a killer who admitted his only goal was to get players to DC so they would get the penalty. This should not be a thing. Every match was a 2v1 and the killer did not care. We had suicides and DCs non-stop. I had enough after one night of that BS. Told her she is on her own.

She has yet to have a single match in the three days since where there was not a DC or suicide. Most of the time there are multiple. She was playing survivor and I killer last night. She played 14 matches. She was tunneled or camped in 10 of them, slugged in 2, and had a couple of fun Pig matches due to Booping the Snoot.

Myself, I had a dozen killer matches last night and had a suicide on first hook in 8 of them. Nothing special. Running Trapper or Pig and down the first person, hook, suicide. I was nowhere near the hook in each instance.

I say give it a month or so, if this does not change, get rid of the darn penalties. I want the old matches back.

• DamienDuff
    DamienDuff Member Posts: 88
    Options

I've never seen a 2 minute and 4 minute punishment times, it starts with 5 mins

are you sure youre talking about DBD?

• ClickyClicky
    Options

That was my experience too. To be honest disconnects are down but hook suicides and afk killers are way up.

I'd say from my experience at least a third of games have hook suicides or afk killers.

Also yes plenty of videos circulating and stories of killers playing toxic to try and encourage disconnects. It doesn't surprise me one bit with this community.

• Azurlynx
    Azurlynx Member Posts: 222
    Options

He say it was 2 and 4, he probably missed complete time cuz he had to reopen dbd.

• DamienDuff
    DamienDuff Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2020
    Options

ahh ok then Dont belive him maybe hes lying about the un-intentional disconnect as well :)

also second time is 30 minutes, theres no way he misses that one

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@ClickyClicky

Yep... It's really disappointing that you feel like you're walking on eggshells if it kicked you out of a match because you know the next time, the time will just double up.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

Nice bait. It's mostly people who DCd alot before that are now complaining about the penalties.

I got disconnected by the game (crash or whatever) 3 times and never got a penalty.

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165
    Options

I've been playing dbd since last year and I've only experienced like 3 crashes so i really doubt that these "I got penalized because the game kicked me" stories are 100% accurate

• Johnny_XMan
    edited February 2020
    Options

@Katzengott

If you crash during the match (regardless of the reason) you WILL get a penalty. That is a fact, not baiting.

I got disconnected 2 times and the timer was at 14 mins, for literally someone trying to unhook me. How exactly is that a fair penalty?

I am not speaking for everyone else because I don’t presume to know how many people dc on accident or intentionally.

Post edited by Johnny_XMan on
  • McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

Yeah, seems mighty convenient that this is happening all of a sudden on this wide of a scale now that DC penalties are a thing.

• ClickyClicky
    Options

This attitude really needs to change. It’s disgusting to accuse everyone else of lying when they’re getting penalised through no fault of their own.

The infinite load screen for example is a known issue. Now it doesn’t count towards penalties because they don’t count load screen disconnects anymore but WHY do you think that is? It was because of this bug penalising everyone last time that they had to disable it on load screen.

Crashes are not very frequent (from my experience) right now, however at one point last year they were quite frequent. There’s no telling when an update will come out that breaks the game again.

Server disconnects are not infrequent at all. You see a fair few playing the game or even watching people on stream. Rank update error also seems to be giving people penalties.

So for me the game actually crashing is very infrequent outside of infinite load screen however I can’t say if that’s true for everyone or not but there are definitely issues with the servers. Just ask the xbox players experiencing them for the first time.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited February 2020
    Options

@ClickyClicky

Well said. I have mentioned plenty of times and reported crash bugs while those posts get drowned in posts accusing others of dc’ing on purpose.

I remember when there was a nasty crash bug that comes around sometimes when updates drop and people were asking me how I knew that the others crashed too... even tho I made it clear that I was in a SWF match.

It is really really sad what this community has come to. Just because something isn’t happening to YOU doesn’t mean it is not true or legitimate. Especially when it comes to crashes.

Crashing during a match and getting penalized for it is not cool. No one is asking to revert the penalty system but at least give the people that crashed another way of getting rid of it aside from waiting it out. People can take snapshots ya know?

• sk1913
    sk1913 Member Posts: 84
    Options

I just got 24 hours ban..... Hope to reach 1 week or 1 month ban soon, so finally I will find the motivation to leave this addicting trash game

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222
    Options

dc penalty was a bad thing. theyre trying to move this game in a balanced main stream direction. something it'll never be capable of, the game was always very unforgiving, mean , rude because that's pretty much what it is. so whats the deal with a punishment system in a game as unforgiving as this. you have to expect that your game makes people pretty mad, considering most people who play quit.