Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Fix dedicated servers instead of introducing penalties

Archengius
Archengius Member Posts: 8
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

When you have ~100 ms of ping to the nearest server, and killer can have any ping, it becomes a guessing game, with all sort of wonderful behaviors like hits after window vaults, lying on the floor with exhaustion applied after using dead hard and hits through pallets. It prevents you from doing things that were considered safe during P2P. Heck, now my real ping to the killer is >2 (!!) times higher than it was before (while my connection stability and speed was fine before and is fine now). Sometimes you can avoid these things by keeping right distance, but other times it is completely unbearable. I don't need your dedicated servers. For me they brought NOTHING but ######### ping and increased severity of the issues game already had. That's cool, now we need some disconnection penalties which actually don't stop anyone from disconnecting on first down, but prevent people from disconnecting when being slugged with no chance of leaving.

Bring P2P back, at least for some people. In my region dedicated servers cause nothing but worse gameplay experience for everyone living there. And i bet it's the same for other people living in the unpopular areas around the world.

Even more, i'm wondering: WHY should killer decide whenever i should get hit or not? Why should i suffer even more from killers having terrible ping combined with my own? Why that job can't be done on the server? Why can't you implemented better movement prediction on server side before rolling out these broken servers for everyone?

But, gonna be honest, you just don't care. Neither about community as a whole, since many people suffer similar issues with inadequate hits, nor about specific minor groups of people whose gameplay experience was completely ruined by dedicated servers. So, thank you for that awesome game, it was fun, but i'm literally done playing on the survivor, and playing killer without ruining other people's experience is impossible now. Have a good time.

Comments

• Tickle_Me_Otter
    Tickle_Me_Otter Member Posts: 2

I got hit by a killer, through a window, AFTER taking 6 steps away from the window..... These dedicated Servers f*cking suck....

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited February 2020

Know that if you got hit, you were suppose to be hit, you just did not see the killer was close enough to hit you so maybe do things a little soon.

Anywho, they are working on it, you would know that if you watched last devstream, but what I find interesting is that you mention these wonky hits in relation to DC penalties.

Are you admiting you are so ermm sad? that you want to DC immediately after getting a hit you felt should not have connected?

• Archengius
    Archengius Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2020

>Anywho, they are working on it, you would know that if you watched last devstream, but what I find interesting is that you mention these wonky hits in relation to DC penalties.

>Are you admiting you are so ermm sad? that you want to DC immediately after getting a hit you felt should not have connected?

I want to DC in 3 cases:

• When my team absolutely sucks and isn't going to save me from the hook (solution - suicide on the hook, works pretty well and generally pretty much solves the problem)
    • When entire team is being slugged (because, you know, lying on the ground for 4 minutes is a very high quality gameplay)
    • When i'm forced to play with a killer with a absolutely terrible ping. No, i'm not talking about getting hits through windows, i'm talking about getting hits after KILLER WAS STUNNED by the pallet, and then you get hit on the other side after running away for some time. That's when you literally want to say "ok i'm done" and disconnect. And get free penalty for just being matchmaked with killer playing with potato internet. Even funnier when they bring mori - i'm mostly just DCing after animation start.

Generally, i'm rather used to getting hits through things, i know safe timings for pallet stuns and windows vaults, which will work 99% of the time for my network latency, i can even use dead hard rather safely with right timings. But it feels just stupid when i already leave a rather big window for compensating network latency and STILL get a hit, like in a case described above. It's literally unplayable in these matches, and there is nothing you can do other than suicide or disconnect, leaving your pip and stuff you bring into the game, to the trash killer's happiness (and also get a free penalty)

Regarding slugging... I fully understand why killers slug, acknowledge there are perks to counter this strategy and so on, so i rarely disconnect in that case. But it's really annoying - i don't run these safe perks 24/7, and looks like neither my teammates do, so slugging just means it's a loose. Some kind of button to suicide if all 4 people are on the ground would be neat, instead of just going afk and waiting for the match to end (or disconnecting with penalty)

Instead, i am getting punished for not wanting to play terrible match with killer's potato internet, happily being slugged with useless teammates, and people who go down first STILL disconnect rather often. Are you sure that's how these penalties are intended to work?