How do you counter Myers effectively?

Options
Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

All right so I'm a rank 9 survivor main and I can counter every single killer except Myers. Doctor used to be up there but I got calm spirit for that boi. My build is Self care. Calm spirit, Iron will and Lithe. I dont use dead hard because I tried it for a few games and found it to be weaker then Lithe imo. The second the Myers pops his tier 3 I get downed quickly because I die instantly to that god tier vaulting speed. Please help. Also I am a Myers main so it's not simply me understanding the killer because I 4 man a lot. I play survivor and killer an even ammount now.

Comments

• Poweas
    Options

I just returned 1 month ago btw

• TessaTheDeath
    TessaTheDeath Member Posts: 48
    Options

The thing is, you should counter Myers before he gets to tier 3: duck behind surfaces and don't let him stalk you.
    As for tier 3, IMHO the best strategy is to hide and wait until it's over.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

Stay away from the small open loops and run for trees and jungle gyms, make it really hard to stalk.

Myers is the only killer where the terrible survivor advice of "stop chasing the looper and find someone else" applies, as you will usually instantly down the new guy before he has a chance to play ring around the rosie.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462
    Options

Here's a hint, if you're across a pallet and MM is staring at you, he's not thinking, he's stalking.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    My advice would be to watch your back constantly. In general you shouldn't start generator repairs until you know the killer is far away or they've patrolled past you. Since most Myers mains use Monitor and Abuse always start a trial listening for his unique breathing. Just stay out of the open and use your ears and he's a joke. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Poweas said:
    All right so I'm a rank 9 survivor main and I can counter every single killer except Myers. Doctor used to be up there but I got calm spirit for that boi. My build is Self care. Calm spirit, Iron will and Lithe. I dont use dead hard because I tried it for a few games and found it to be weaker then Lithe imo. The second the Myers pops his tier 3 I get downed quickly because I die instantly to that god tier vaulting speed. Please help. Also I am a Myers main so it's not simply me understanding the killer because I 4 man a lot. I play survivor and killer an even ammount now.

The counter to myers is hiding. Survivors playing correctly can deny him tier 2 forever, but you need to be actually aware of your suroundings and dont be afk holding M1 at a gen till its too late. Ofc as a solo survivor this can be more difficult.

Another tip is, if he is tier 3 and staying realtively close to the hook, then simply go to the other side of the map and do a gen

• Poweas
    Options

Thanks guys I survived him just now by Gen rushing and hiding. Pretty easy game especially since my friend fed him 😂😂😂 and the myers got looped for about 2 gens. Since I was using leader and a green toolbox with speed addons.

• Poweas
    Options

Glad I got genuine advice thanks I'm just not used to hiding that much 😂😂😂. I can but I prefer to get chased.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

Honestly he is pretty hard to counter if he is on your tail when he is in Tier 3. That lunge range is huge and you’ll most likely get downed. The scummy thing to do would be to run bond and lead Tier 3 Myers to another teammate in hopes of him turning his attention on your teammate. Normally if I am not the one getting stalked while he pops his Tier 3 I’ll hide in a locker until it is over with if he is in my area. Unless he has a fragrant tuft of hair then you are prettt much toast, but you’ll probably figure out if he has that add on since it takes a while to get to Tier 3.