Repair 12 Gens Challenge

Has anyone been able to get more than one gen a game or just me? At this rate it will take me three hours to get this one challenge done. Holy crap, devs.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I've simply been using gen rush builds to get 2 or 3 a game

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351

I can get 2 to 3 a game usually solo (depending on the skill level of the survivors I'm playing with). Run spine chill and kindred to give you intel on the killer's location. Essentially you will need to be the gen jockey and forgo saves unless they are absolutely necessary.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I just switched out a perk but holy crap, this is absurd. I hate that these challenges ruin the game.

I play solo and yeah, three games straight, only one gen. Is it just being there when it's completed or total progress? I have a hard time believing I'm doing only one total. But I have been playing normally where I touch totems and make saves and I'm pretty decent at being chased.

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Just equip the quest & then play normally. Stop thinking about it so much. You don't have to do them as fast as possible, you do them naturally just from playing. Don't try to do three to four a game - just play like you normally do & you'll finish it just from playing normal games.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

If I did well in a game, I was able to get 2 or even sometimes 3 per game for that challenge. Remember to do generators solo, if you can - I'm pretty sure that co-op generators will only count for half as far as that challenge is concerned.

• meatisadelicacy

I have been playing normally, thats why I'm only getting one a game. This is the problem with the challenges - you play normally and it takes 3 hours to do a single challenge, or you play for the sole purpose of getting the challenges done and the entire team suffers for it, which is what most people are doing.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

Only being able to do 1 gen a game is a great problem to have.

• meatisadelicacy

I just got four done in one game where the killer facecamped the first person he downed, WHICH IS CRAZY BECAUSE NO ONE EVER DOES THAT IT'S SO SO SO SUPER RARE IN THIS GAME. And then I got facecamped and died on my first hook too. Something seems off about that but who knows.

• KornySon10
    KornySon10 Member Posts: 103

This has got to be the most petty complaint I have ever seen on this forum.

You are actually complaining a challenge encourages your teammates to gen rush?

You only do 1 gen a game? You must be getting massacred.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

At least you got your progress! Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, as they say.

• meatisadelicacy

Yes, as an adult with a job and a life, I can see how it's petty to ask if other people are progressing as slowly as I am. I used to like this game a whole bunch. I have more than 1,000 hours in it. These challenges have made it so you can either spend 3 hours doing a single challenge if you play normally, or you can play like a moron for the sake of challenges and screw your team, which is what most people have been doing.

It seems like you only get credit for this challenge if you're there when the gen is completed, at least that's how it's been for me. I am good at the game, so I don't spend the entire time urban evading as a Blendette and hiding the second my Spine Chill goes off.

Am I getting massacred? Apart from the killers who facecamp every single person they down, my random teammates and I have been doing pretty well. I make saves, heal teammates when they let me, do totems, search chests, and am pretty good at chase too, so my teammates are the ones doing gens while I keep the killer busy in most games. That's why this is taking me so long.

I didn't complain about or even mention my teammates, but feel free to call me petty some more when I was asking a genuinely question about the progress other people are making on this challenge.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

no one else besides me does gens...

• KornySon10
    KornySon10 Member Posts: 103

"Repair 12 gens" is literally "play the game for a bit".

The tomes are a side project, and you can complete a tome in 5 challenges total if you just rush for the end of it. Nothing says you need to do every single challenge.

If you are that desperate for some reskinned hag cosmetics, you could outright pay for it.