So... he's basically a Huntress with 1 hatchet.

Coder
Coder Member Posts: 747
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

Deathslinger:

-1 hatchet

-cooldown with you miss

-cooldown if you hit

-If you hit, the survivor has a chance to escape or others can bodyblock the chain.

-110% speed (why do they keep making 110% killers???!!!)

-no map pressure (unless you three-gen)

Huntress:

-5+ hatchets

-Almost no cooldown if you hit or if you miss

-Instant hit, don't have to reel someone in or give him a chance to escape.

-more map pressure, since she can snipe people across the map.

Don't get me wrong, he's fun, and he's kinda strong up close, but so is Huntress and he has no map pressure and that's the main problem with DBD, I think he'll be around C-Tier.

Post edited by Coder on

Comments

• Coder

You're talking about too specific situations. In general gameplay, he has 1 "hatchet", you must hit or else you'll have a reload cooldown giving the survivor a chance to make distance, you must have no obstacles between them to make it count as a hit (except for windows) where with huntress it counts as a hit immediately.

Huntress has 5 hatchets, almost no cooldown if you miss, almost no cooldown if you hit... she's got a little more map pressure sniping people across the map... You might be better off playing huntress, I think she's better than him in 98% of the situations.

• KornySon10
    KornySon10 Member Posts: 103

How is putting on monitor and abuse a specific situation? A 16m terror radius alone will get you tons of free hits just because you can walk up to a gen and by the time they hear it you are right on top of them.

I am assuming he will have a pretty nasty of combo of getting the free-ish stealth hit, into a hook and down; especially if save the best for last is involved.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    edited February 2020

I was so excited we were going to have a viable killer, but that's another new killer I'm looking at who is a lumbering slow killer.

• Coder

Guys, if you're going to play a stealth killer, just use ghostface. Don't give me the "16m TR" stealth argument, you can play hag, myers or any other killer if you want to play stealthy with monitor and abuse.

Also, forcing the use of one perk slot to make a killer viable is not a good design.

• Coder
  • KornySon10

I think it's going to be best to use the hook for a finisher instead of for regular hits. Doing it twice seems like it will take too long.

I'd play him as M1 with monitor and abuse, maybe with something like sloppy to encourage people to stay injured, and use the hook to finish off injured people trying to run for loops.

In my head it seems like he will be very strong with a hit and run generator pressure playstyle, especially because once you carve out some deadzones people will get murdered way harder than huntress because huntress is always humming so they will be on alert.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

Ghostface can't yeet people off of balconies and hills with a hook shot rifle. Sometimes things are more about fun than being min/max super viable SS+ killer gameplay.

• Bob32544523
    Bob32544523 Member Posts: 25

Huntress hitboxes are more killer favored too. This guy in his current state is just a gimmick killer.

• Coder

Deathslinger can't grab people off gens even with monitor, or sneek up on them, mark them and insta-down them in 1 second. Each killer is strong in different situations. Also, the balcony argument is too situational, where you can sneek up on someone and instadown him with ghostface in most maps. You don't need a specific map and situation and a n00b survivor with no idea how to counter you (like... I dont know... go inside the house?) to make your killer work.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

@KornySon10 you don't need to pull someone off the balcony. Injured is injured. But instead of that, you can dodge the hit twice. Either by dodging the arrow or afterwards by breaking the chains.

@Coder 110%ms is ok if you have some map control tool, like teleporting with hag/nurse or the spirit phasing. Long range attacks are simply not good enough as you need LOS to make use of that :/

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited February 2020

the only things he has over huntress is the ability to be more stealthy with his low TR and his power is a lot faster then huntress hatchets in every way, from the projectile speed to aiming, firing, and reloading. The main issue is simply that it does not always injure/down a survivor if you land a hit and it takes extra time harpooning and hitting a survivor than just landing a hatchet.

• Coder

The only killer I'd say deserves 110% speed is Spirit and maybe huntress.

I don't think hag's or deathslinger's powers are that strong to justify 110%. Hillbilly's power is stronger than deathslinger and he's 115%.

• KornySon10

Stealth as an "only thing" is one of the best abilities in the game. Look at ghostface. I get countless free M1 hits with monitor and abuse hag, but usually have to rely on a trap to actually secure the down.

This guy gets the free M1 hit, and then has a finisher as well? He will be very strong if played well.

• KornySon10

Hag is insanely strong if played well. Luckily, you don't see many good hags. 3 gen hag is one of the easiest ways you can win in DBD in my opinion.

• Coder

True. But still, 110% is too weak, 115% is too strong. I think they should do something like if there's a trap in, ley's say, 16 mt of her (like in that loop), she should move at 110% speed, or else she moves at 115%.

• They can on like haddonfield, onces with windows and such; but any of the open ones? Nope they get hit.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Yeah. Deathslinger only seems viable in one-on-ones.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

what i meant by stealthy was him not alerting survivors if he is within 48 meters like huntress, huntress actually has a 20 meter TR while he has a 24 meter TR. This wont let neither of them get a free hit like you say unless the survivors are just being idiotic and not paying attention, not to mention that there will rarely be any chance for you to hit a survivor at a gen at 24 meters since a lot of walls and objects tend to spawn around gens.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

He probably won't be as good as Huntress.

Her hatchets do instant damage while his hook mechanic takes longer to inflict damage.

• Another intellectually dishonest post.

Slinger's spear range is about the same as the terror radius. It is instant, meaning no dodging by the survivor while the projectile is flying.

When the spear impales a survivor, he can reel the survivor all the way from max terorr radius to melee range and the chain will still have about a quarter bar left. If the survivor doesn't jam himself into an obstacle, he will be dragged into melee range. Struggling is like wiggling... pointless without external help.

The slinger should have an add-on to convert the spear into a instant-down bullet like huntress' iridescent heads. Really excited to go call of duty on some survivors.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

he should have a 2 shot that he earns after the first, this second shot inflicts damage, people should choose to use it or use later or in another surv. would be 1000% better, he should earn this second shot after hitting a arpon.

• Coder

OR maybe he should have a Double Harpoon weapon (maybe a rare addon?) The reload cooldown is too much, so it could be a reward not having the second cooldown.

• Survivor: tbags at exit gate

Deathslinger: reloads cowboy hat

You've yeed your las haw

• Coder

Nobody will wait at the exit gates against a Deathslinger. Is like waiting at the exit line against a Tier 3 Myers risking a tombstone death.

• Tombstone needs to be in grabbing distance

Cowboy can easily hide behind a corner and load up that shot before peeking

• Coder

If he's healthy, he'll get away anyway, unless you have NOED.

• KornySon10

He is the same as any of the 24m killers, you slap on monitor and abuse to drop it down to 16m and that's getting very close to free hits range if you are using LOS blockers to approach gens. That's pretty strong for a killer that can combo you if you gets a surprise attack off.

You will have save the best, which I assume will be an S tier perk on him. So you run up to a gen with monitor, smack them with save the best, fast wipe the gun, and then finish them off with a hook into a down before they make any real distance.

Huntress can drop her terror radius all the way down to 12m, but since she is still humming all the time it doesn't matter too too much.

It's similar to spirit getting stupid fast downs after nailing you with her 16m terror radius but he will be a character I could actually stomach playing.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

That depends. If you can land the first hit quicker because you know you won't catch up to the survivor before he reaches the next vault, it doesn't make sense to wait with the shot.

@Coder yeah that's what I said. Long range attacks are not reason enough for 110% movement speed. And I think @Echelonia was talking about abuses where you cannot reach the survivor anymore. You cannot pull survivors out of windows, but when they drop on a rock that should not be reachable and the killer cannot walk on that rock to pick someone up, the Gunslinger instead can pull the survivor down and hit him, then pick him up as usual.

@ColgateAdvancedWhite nope, the harpoon isn't insta. It is fast but not insta. That would actually make him viable, but noone would accept that as 1t H4s n0 Coun+3rPl4y. And if you do a 20m shot, there will be pretty sure be any obstacle in the way that the survivor can use to break the chain

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

Also his shot is way faster than Huntress throws her axes. I can dodge axes pretty good but I don't even notice half the time I'm being shot at until I see the harpoon flying right in front or behind me so he's not a Huntress by any means. I haven't played as him yet but playing against him is pretty crazy even though he doesn't seem that powerful as most survivors still escape