Devs need to look at SWF

Something should get done about it, either move it to kill your friends only or give killers something extra to balance out the fact that 4 ppl working together on comms have such a heavy advantage in a match.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

While I do think a swf group has a HUGE advantage in the game, I don't know what you could actually do to counter it.

People want to be able to play with their friends. While there are some people who are like a military unit with what they're doing, there are some who just are playing with their friends. It just feels like it would cause another set of problems if you start punishing people for playing with people they know...

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

The devs also didn't plan for external communication.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

SWFs plus the new Sabo is going to be a major problem.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Yeah those evil swf. How dare they play together and can talk with each other. Serious? Those complains are getting annoying.

• kidmaxx
    kidmaxx Member Posts: 57

Ways to counter? Give all lobbies coms, and balance around that. Give killers a progressive buff based on the # of SWF in the lobby. There's lots of different options, they're just not going to do any because of whiny survs.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The devs don't think SWF is a problem.

So I would not expect any action from them.

• yikers
    yikers Member Posts: 94

Having comms gives surv a huge advantage over anything killer can do. Devs need to do something, swf join = extra perks, more bp, more gen time, automaticly put a ruin on the map etc.

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

I dont see how they could do anything without pissing off a good portion of their player base.

I just wish they would give killers a BP bonus for playing against them. Atleast pay me if your going to $crew me.

• FGK17
    FGK17 Member Posts: 10

New to the game, can someone tell me what is SWF?

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

Survivor with Friends (AKA a party of people playing together)

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

Survive With Friends. They are basically complaining that the survivors can talk to each other, and tell each other that the killer is coming their way, or the killer is at the shack. Killer is chasing me do gens etc.

They are stronger than solo players, most of the time. But they usually have a weakness of being overly altruistic, and cocky since they are usually just trying to have fun. So they make a lot of mistakes solo players wouldn't at the same time.

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251

It's short for Survive with Friends. Killers have been complaining about it for a long time notably for their use of communication services (Discord,Xbox Ps4 Party system etc.) It means survivors have complete map control and over some aspects of the game entirely. Killer going for the hook? Survivors have coordination more then randoms do on what to do to disrupt the killers and progress and one survivor can just tell survivors to gen rush while the killer gets runned around. It's a issue that the devs dont know how to properly address so that's why it's such a controversial topic here.

• FGK17
    FGK17 Member Posts: 10

Thanks guys! I have to agree then SWF does seem to give a significant advantage, I wonder how they can go about balancing it?