Will deathslinger bring people back?

Options
Zagrid
Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

No, at least not me. He seems ok, but with ranking being busted causing me to get no games for 15+ min as a low rank killer from not playing for so long, dedicated servers causing major hit box issues consistently, and still having audio issues, just not worth my time to put up with it all.

Once those issues are addressed and mount ormond, haddonfield, and every cold wind map get those breakable walls. The game might be worth coming back to.

Until then, got some other games more deserving of my time since they actually address the core issues within a timely manner.

Been waiting for haddonfield and mount ormond to get deleted since I first played on them.

Comments

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Options

Not me either for the same reasons as the OP.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    edited February 2020
    Options

I never left :p

Still, this killer.look like a.mix of legion and huntress, lets say if you are reeeeeally good at fps you will have fun with him (just remember his shots have a range, you cant hit across the map)

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369
    Options

Of course not.

Did the devs fixed the problems of this game yet?

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822
    Options

Too weak, prob not at this point without serious upgrades after ptb

• OperationMintyHippo
    Options

I haven't enjoyed any DLCs since Plague lol. Ghostface is busted, demo is so weak, oni is boring, and now, meh. Not even horror.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

The map looks amazing but the killer in my mind looks boring and too slow. Just another killer console will avoid.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

Agreed. You have to apply serious map pressure, and that's easier said than done. Especially on the bigger maps...

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I think, depending on how it effects gameplay, the change to toolboxes is more likely to bring people back.

Also, I actually like Haddonfield and Ormond. Coldwind can die in a fire. In fact, a burned down coldwind might actually be fun.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

My big problem with BHVR is that they can't balance gens for #########, but with the new toolboxes games are actually going at a decent pace on the PTB, so if they just keep it like that then I'll come back, I'm not giving these greedy companies money but I'll play the game.

• Mrjuice
    Mrjuice Member Posts: 94
    Options

I dont know how the toolboxes changes are gonna effect the game pace since no one plays seriously on PTB so..... We will just have to wait and see.

• yadielrodriguez
    yadielrodriguez Member Posts: 515
    Options

What funny I did it yesterday and I slug one in the floor because there is only 2 person and one of them have the key so I need to stop him too and I was playing as doctor which did help me and they was toxic too sabotage hooks too but like I say I slug them and hook them and laugh and the guy with the key say I'm trash because I slug but I need to do it he had a key and I didn't tunnel and I say so it OK to do gen rush and sabotage but is not OK for us to tunnel and camp and he say I'm still trash lol it like if they don't get they way they think the killers suck but if they win and we lose they still call us trash like damn these toxic survivors are crying babies.

• BunnyTheHutt
    Options

some do, some don't. I agree we'll wait and see but from what I've seen it's a good start.

• BunnyTheHutt
    Options

Why would I need too play a game just too take a nap?

• MysterTal
    MysterTal Member Posts: 157
    Options

In 2016, you could have been one of the "Just break the pallet" people :)

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Nope, he looks pants.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

No.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Does it feel like the devs made this killer to draw a new crowd?

"Killers are leaving cause we cant balance our game. How can we get more? Let's give a killer a gun so we can siphon players from the CoD genre"

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

Every killer with unique abilities will bring players in imo. The question is just if they stay.

• Lowercase_Symbols
    Lowercase_Symbols Member Posts: 18
    Options

this new chapter will bring back people momentarily mabe for a week or 2 only because it’s “new content.” Once people figure out that content doesn’t change the core problems with the game they’ll start leaving again. I mean just ask yourself do you enjoy playing killer in the current state of the game? Do you enjoy solo q as survivor because you have no one to play with? I do like Dbd but I really don’t have any motivation to play survivor and most definitely killer. If the new sabo and hook changes make it into live servers idk if I will continue to play. New map is cool but it looks like it’s meant for survivors more than killers it’s big. New killer and survivor are cool but that still doesn’t change any issues with the current game.

• HelterSeltzer
    HelterSeltzer Member Posts: 66
    Options

Toolbox changes, add on and hook sabo changes are good. The hooks respawn in 30 secs. Caleb is fun. People need to realise he needs to be played a bit differently and alter the builds suited to his power. You have to take into account that you reel in survivors and that is part of the chase. You can't talk about the killer without the other changes that are in the PTB.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    Options

I think like all chapters there'll be a Spike in players but it'll drop back down afterwards. The Game's been pretty steady for years now not really gaining nor loosing that Average players, Atleast on PC.

Personally I'm not a fan of the chapter it just doesn;t appeal to me it being a shooter and cowboy theme, I don't know how many others feel that way tho.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

I think this would have been an amazing release if the issues with game speed had already been addressed and fixed. Right now we have a huge load of "Maybe, but what if, but give it time etc... " And a killer released at a time when his supposed strengths are minimalized by core mechanics and rules. He isnt good in a chase, cant really stop looping. Just a hard time to release this killer and go "Oh yeah, THIS is a REAL KILLER" (Not always the message but this is new content, lots of draw to it

• yadielrodriguez
    Options

True very true and that what I been doing I took a break and play fortnite destiny 2 borderlands 3 and others.

• yadielrodriguez
    Options

Me neither I won't buying it and they had bad perks that really don't help much on the game. I just wish it was a prisoner and in a jail.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

If the god loop in rancid abattoir was permanently blocked off and a breakable wall was in the meat hook room it would make the map way better for slower killers

• tylerlogsdon1
    tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 158
    Options

Bro of course he will that's his whole power

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

they fixed lery's. It was worth DCing on loading in before. Now its just very, very, very bad.

• tfareyouthinking
    tfareyouthinking Member Posts: 46
    Options

He’s completely useless on gen pressure and coupled with the fact that breaking his chain by body blocking is extremely effective against him. He might as well be the weakest killer r n. Especially how gen speed is in its current state, but that’s another can of worms for another day.

Tbh his release was quite a let the let down. Especially when Huntress is 10x better than him...

If anything this patch will dive ppl (killers) away even more and that’s the reality of it and that obviously seems what the devs want nowadays..especially making changes to sabotage..

• Obs1d1_X
    Obs1d1_X Member Posts: 13
    Options

Wait. You guys think deathslinger is bad? "Another killer console will avoid"?

I play PC and Console and seeing how the deathslinger plays is amazing! Yes, he needs a few buffs but the fact that he can cancel his chain with an early M1 is great. Then pair that with unrelenting and the survivors are screwed. I don't mind a killer that gives deep wound on first hit because that's gonna time waste. His 110% movement speed seems really out of place but other than that, I love this killer and look foward to him. "I haven't enjoyed DLC since Plague" The Plague and the killers after are fun in their own way and they are FAR from weak. Some need buffs but I find them all enjoyable, especially Ghostface and Oni (my two mains on CONSOLE).

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    edited February 2020
    Options

I haven't gone anywhere yet. BUT it will bring me back into playing killer. He seems fun to play and I used to play a lot of CS:GO before DBD so I like to think my aim is... aight. Should be fun.

• pootis_Bear
    pootis_Bear Member Posts: 645
    Options

I think he will bring people back quite literally

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Honestly, it's pushing me further away. I don't like the concept of DbD being like a FPS. If I want to play a FPS I'm going to go to a game with a better dev team that knows how to build and manage their game.

Add in some of the concepts of the character's perks and I think it makes survivors focus even more on gens. I fully disagree with punishing survivors for doing totems. I want them doing things other than gens. That helps slow things down. If they are going to get a debuff or be revealed to the killer for 10+ seconds (Holy crap that's a very long time!!!), why risk totems, get back to gens and take your chances.

I think the devs may have a vision, but they have no quality control function and it keeps getting in their way. Someone on their team should be responsible for pointing out the potential pitfalls of their ideas. We saw it with MoM and dozens of other things.

They don't learn from their mistakes and they keep damaging their own game. It's a testament to how unique the original design of the game was. It has been able to survive the horrible mismanagement that has occurred since release.

Going to take a break and hope that is all I need. Considering the disgust I feel at the direction and poor management at this point, I'm afraid it won't be the answer.

GG All.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

He looks fun, which is why I'm currently building up BPs so I can get some decent lvls in him ASAP. As long as I have fun with a killer, I'm happy. I typically end up figuring out a playstyle and build that makes it work. Been able to do well with low tier killers before after putting in the time, so if thats where this guy ends up (although he looks decent) I'll probably still do just fine.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,038
    Options

Funny I actually enjoy killer and survivor. I find survivor way too boring anymore, but what is killing the game for me is the mass of bugs, dedicated server issues, not knowing who has red ping, and broken mechanics getting not fixes.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,431
    Options

It all comes down to if they buff him properly enough coming out of PTB to be high rank viable.