VPN using killers

the hits in this game are already stupid add to that VPN using killers the game is really frustrating

is it possible to prevent players who are using VPN to play this game? because its pretty ridicules how you get hit after vaulting and taking multiple steps.

Comments

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Wont matter if its a VPN or not. Between dedicated servers, how hits register, and ping between both you/killer/dedicated servers I'm shocked we don't get hit from further.

• DamienDuff
    DamienDuff Member Posts: 88

i know and I agree , but trust me versing a vpn killer is just beyond stupid now

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

They're adding something new to the ping indicator in the upcoming update.

Content - Added a high-ping indicator to the HUD, displayed when the local ping to the server is above a certain threshold (white icon for 150ms, red icon for 300ms).

You would think they could add an alert if the Killer's ping to the server is above a certain threshold, because when you're in game it's pretty obvious.

I hope they implement more servers over time, because playing Survivor and being so close to the server actually penalizes me more than helps me. If I get a killer with a worse ping, the hits register where I am on their screen, not mine. Very fun design!

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270

Can you blame them?

Just the other day there was a thread threatening killers who slug (developer approved strategy post ruin nerf) with DDOS attacks or Swatting.

They probably see it as the only way they can continue to play this game and protect themselves and their families.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited February 2020

I believe the OP is talking about killers in other countries using vpns to purposely get onto a server that is not their own.

Which happens a lot there is even a couple streamers out there who openly admit to abusing that function knowing they are ruining others experience.

• BaroneMaximus
    BaroneMaximus Member Posts: 474

nice joke bro. I have the opposite problem, my connection to dedicated is SO good i get cancelled from hatchet hits :) The blood spills and they dead-hard anyway ;) and when i play surv i dead-hard from insane distance and with insane anticipation and i get hit in the middle of the dead-hard :P

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited July 2020

You do realize that this was from mid February. Since then they have worked on the dedicated servers. Not quite sure why you bothered to nerco such a old thread.