next is flying killers?

Options
DamienDuff
DamienDuff Member Posts: 88
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

so I know DBD is losing its soul with all these updates like breakable walls and 16 charges Engineers Toolboxes

I was wondering whats the devs up to next?

a killer who can fly across maps with a 40 second cooldown?

a survivor who can lie down in the grass?

so are we going to find ourselves playing a game we always knew as DBD soon and it will feel like overwatch ?

can't you just set shack windows to get blocked with 2 vaults instead of 3? thats an easy tweak and won't change the core soul of DBD.. breaking walls ?? really? whos the next survivor ? John J Rambo? and the killer is the russian general with a helicopter?

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,667
    Options

What are you even talking about? The "soul" of this game is constantly changing. And that's a good thing. If they didn't constantly innovate then the game would grow incredibly stale and no one would be playing the thing. Think about all the changes made to the game over the last couple years that you actually like. Someone out there disagrees with you and thinks some of those changes shouldn't have been made. Some people are always innately going to oppose change. It's scary and different. But it's also exciting and new. Do I agree with every change made to this game? No. I vehemently oppose a number of those changes. But the game is without question better off today than it was 2 years ago.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

It sounds too me you are a survivor main and you hate the constant nerfs too survivors. The solution too your problem is "learn counterplay" and "play the other side."

• DamienDuff
    Options

what am I talking about? I'ts all written in English. easy to udnerstand

but to answer your question, changing the soul of the game means making it feel another game, thats what I don't wanna see

over the years alot of changes happened yes. but destroying walls?

tell me a change from 2016 up till today that has the same effect as destroying a wall?

its mainly perk tweaks/changes

pallet nerfs

killer nerfs and buffs

add on changes

but have you ever seen a change where you can change the shape of the killer shack?

• DamienDuff
    Options

I think I played around 2.2 k hours total in this game and mainly was killer.

so before you get yourself into imaginations, just ask maybe? Im not a " one side " main

check my history of comments and p;osts, I'm always not biased to a side.

also In this topic I am complaining about the game soul being changed, not about survivors or killers.

please read slowly and understand fully , you can read twice or trice even :)

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

From what I remember the devs did try and design a flying killer but it didn’t work because it was too OP.

But to address the main point of this thread, the game is currently in an unbalanced state (my opinion as others may disagree) and changes are necessary.

• DamienDuff
    Options

I can respect such rational and short and straight forward comment. easiest vote up of my life .

thx for sharing your thought <3

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712
    Options

git gud

• DamienDuff
    Options

extremely useful comment, I can't thank you enough! you just made this thread more exciting and enjoyable to participate in with your amazing ideas and MATURE comment

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

I think it's fine that the game is changing. If it were the same thing over and over again forever, would we stick around as long as we have? New killers give us new things but new mechanics are even cooler to me personally

• VigilStrange
    VigilStrange Member Posts: 57
    Options

You feel like it's loosing it's soul, but that doesn't make it true. As for the breakable walls... right now it's only on the new map, and that's so they can't see how it works when the public at large uses them! IE.. it's a test. If it breaks the balance that THE DEVS(Not players) are looking for, they can take it out. If it doesn't, then it will be added to other maps. Also, it's hardly game breaking from what I've experienced so far since it's not the killer going all Kool-Aid Man anywhere they want. It's select and in predetermined places. As a survivor, the only 'looping' breaking spot is in the shack. You still have your t-walls, and your near-infinites on all the other maps.

Now that's just mechanics, and doesn't really address your overall theme to this post of loosing it's soul. At it's soul, DbD is an asymmetrical multi-player game, with horror themes. That has not changed. To reply to your hyperbole no, Rambo won't be a survivor. He's an action character, not a horror character. Same as why we don't have Sarah Conner. While the T-800 could fit as one of the killers, Sarah doesn't.

If you one day wake up, and while playing DbD you feel like you're playing Overwatch, and you don't like that, then simply stop playing. But just because you feel that way, doesn't make it fact.

• CrescentGent
    CrescentGent Member Posts: 60
    Options

Entitled survivor, smh