This is a bully simulator more than ever.

Coder
Coder Member Posts: 747

Remember when the killer only had to "fear" flashlights?

Since Head On (the best troll perk in the game) this is clearly going down hill, the ruin nerf (because skillchecks are hard), now the new sabo, another bland 110% killer... survivors have so many tools against killers it's insane how the power role is clearly the survivor. IN A HORROR GAME!

And I don't care about me, I don't get bullied easily, I even destroy SWFs, but I'm so sorry for all those new people with like 400-500 hrs trying to have fun as killer in this game, facing SWF teams.

This game is broken, not beyond repair, but the devs are too survivor sided right now, it's frustrating to see how the community is screaming about gen times and they come up with a new sabo buff to make even harder to hook survivors and lose momentum on a 5 minutes match.

It's really sad to see what this game has become and the direction it's heading.

Comments

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Changes are probably not gonna hit live.

Buff killer and leave sabo alone. Is all i'm looking foward to

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

I'm holding out hope that this sabo change does not go live. And as a killer I honestly love head on. It is so obvious and easy to counter. They may get me once but that's it.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Totally agree with OP but they don't want to balance it, there is too much fun for survivors and that's 80% paying players

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

I think Sabo would be fine if it was 4 seconds instead of 2.5. That way they have to actually commit to the hook you're going to instead of just tapping a bunch of hooks around you with no real counter.

Mad Grit meta now? /s

Hangman's Trick is pretty good now, like BBQ but a bit better (only no bloodpoints obv) I'm sure a lot of people are gonna ask for it to get nerfed though :/

The toolbox changes were a necessary step in the right direction. But yea, Decisive Strike is ridiculous combined with current gen speeds. Survivor's are all but invincible for a full miinute or two each match which is a gen and a bit per survivor.

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

The developers aren't braindead lol, I doubt they'll nerf Billy. If they do like half of killers will uninstall and it'll be a pretty big hit to the game.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Its supposed to be 80% to balance properly. Que times pretty much confirm that most of the time there aren't enough killers to keep survivors playing.

I give devs a whole lot of leeway in what they do. They have the grand plan. But every killer 'buff' is met with a bigger survivor buff lately.

Ruin changed for survivor (not arguing whether it needed to be or not) emblem changed for killer.

Toolboxes nerfed, sabo becomes god mode

Health kits nerfed, 2 next maps are so dark its near impossible to find people to injure in the first place.

Again i give the devs a whole lot of slack in their decisions, it just seems like, if they don't give killers something soon they are going to hang themselves with it.

(Yes i know hangmans got a major buff but devs stated its not going live so that doesn't count)

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

I understand that 80% of the player base is survivor and that's why they focus on them more because that's where the $ is, but if you really want things to change, do what I do. I ENCOURAGE ALL KILLERS to just not play. Without killers, survivors can't play either, and they'll have no choice but to finally listen to KILLERS and balance the game a lil better around them. There never gonna change unless we MAKE them change. Take a stand.

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425

I think the game should be more focused around stealth for survivors rather than the ability to loop and get chased for 3+ minutes.

Like, less looping potential (fewer pallets and such) and maybe thicker fog to actually remain stealthy.

if you are found, you should not get away like that. but you should also be able to hide better

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Calls game bully simulator.

Also asks for Billy to get nerfed.

Pick one please.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Hopefully match-making improves soon.

If not, I'm done with this game. It's a bad joke at the moment.

Think I'm getting sick of games in general actually.

• kidmaxx
    kidmaxx Member Posts: 57

Yeah I was gonna say. I almost wonder if the person is intentionally trying to sow discord.

• koopazepam
    koopazepam Member Posts: 35

The killer is supposed to be Shin Akuma and the survivors Dans. It's not like that at all, the killer is just Akuma and the survivors are Ryus. The SWF people all want to be as powerful as the killer or at the very least almost as powerful. Their tiny brains can't understand or just won't admit that they are supposed to be ants compared to the killer. It's as if they don't realize that it's four of them and only one killer. Of course they do know this, but it's just that they want easy mode to punk the killer. Too many games where one gen gets done before you even find someone. Too many games where three gens get finished in under four minutes. The way a single survivor can wreck a killer is proof that killer role is powerless. That would be acceptable if the game was 1v1 or even 2v1, but it's 1v4 and that should just not be a thing. 4 perks versus 16 perks! What the F! It's even worse when it's 12 or 16 perks on voice chat. The devs know their audience, its SWF. Killers should get 6 perks, or SWF groups should get less. It's not like the killers perks are something like 200% running speed every 30 seconds. No the killer and survivor perks are equally as powerful, yet they get 16 of them lol. I have over 1300 hrs in this game with 900 being solo survivor. I feel like my games as survivor are mostly fun for killer. The other 400 hrs are as killer and man what a difference it is. My games as killer are plagued with abusive SWF voice comm punks. It's so easy to tell when these soy loaded weasels are telling each other all the killers whereabouts. Then they act all innocent and "GG EZ" you at end, pretending they are that good and not further destroying the fairness of the game.

• If gen speeds were reduced it would make the game more tedious and boring for survivors, and on top of that they would have to globally nerf killers or greatly buff survivors in other areas to compensate. Saying that killers are just under-powered as a whole would be inaccurate, as statistically we know that is not the case.

The biggest causes for losses are bad matchups because BHVR doesn't understand the basic foundations of what a proper matchmaker actually are. Beyond that, things like toolboxes and such had a huge effect I am not sure folks understood how much, when you watch all those gen rush videos almost all of them have toolboxes, the rest are because of multiple people on one gen; which in turn makes SWF so strong too. As coordinated groups can bull rush gens fairly quick while a killer is occupied with one person.

It's such a more involved issue than that. If every problem was just solved by making gens take longer fantastic- but the reality is it would take a lot more than that.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Survivors have it bad too. 4 solo players with no items, killers dig out top tier killers with ultra rare add ons and ebony moris and tunnel mercilessly.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Mad Grit, Agitation, Unrelenting, and Iron Grasp. Look at them and be like "well I see you there so basement away"

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

It makes me sad to see people refer to the new killer as bland when he's so fun to play with.

When did having fun stop mattering & trying to win become the only goal? What a boring way to play.

It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Have fun!

• koopazepam
    koopazepam Member Posts: 35
    edited February 2020

As a strictly solo survivor I am not bored by generators, they are a bit of a thrill which is fun. Since I don't know where the killer is or where he could come from. Every time I am working on a generator I am just hoping things go smoothly. When it's done it's a good feeling, I feel I have helped the team. SWF voice cheaters(they all do it) however can't possibly experience that, they are laughing at the killer the whole time. What's there to be nervous about when you know he ain't coming for you, then and only then do gens get "boring". I'd be pretty bored just holding M1 if that is all there was to it. No danger, no killer, no sense of urgency, just a hold M1 simulator(literally).

• kld3169
    kld3169 Member Posts: 101

You know what? That is exactly how I feel. I am fairly new player and plan on learning ALL aspects of the game but I lean towards survivor because of the 'feeling' of excitement and less stress. In a horror game it probably shouldn't be that way - maybe my feelings will change as I get more experience....?

• Beardedragon

why does this game even have so many pallets? ive run for over 3 minutes against one guy that kept looping me. ive destroyed over 10 pallets in a single game in a single chase it was insane.

This game should favor more stealth and less looping. Players should try and remain undetected not purposefully come out and loop the killer. at least thats my vision for this game.

That there are perks that even extends that chase is insane.

Reduce the amount of pallets or make them completely random so that survivors DONT know exactly where they are because they always seemingly know where they are.

• crossboy
    crossboy Member Posts: 55

Can people please stop making huge judgements about the state of the game based on queue times and what 3 people on the forums say?

It means literally nothing. Without hard data to back it up, you cannot draw conclusions about the number of players leaving.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

You forgot the words "this game is dying" in your thread title.

• Beardedragon

do you think this is a science project?

if you wanna know if people leave or not, its possible to see in steam how many people are playing the different games.

and yes, people can make judgements on a game based on their own opinions, its quite common. specially when one person has an opinion about the game that suddenly a lot of people share.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

I don't have to pick one, since I've never asked for Billy to get nerfed. Maybe you didn't understand what that thread was about.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

IDK about other but from rank 8 to 1, its 1 gen for 1 down and so on... Most kills you get is 1 with luck. Is this the game the devs wants? Is so unbalanced. The nerf to ruin did mayor damage in this ranks.

• doublev1986
    doublev1986 Member Posts: 78

* Killers may not hook a Survivor on a hook that is currently being sabotaged.

This worries me the most

• crossboy
    crossboy Member Posts: 55

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying, partially because I worded it poorly.

People need to stop thinking that a few people being upset and giving up playing the game will not meaningfully impact the amount of players playing the game.

People act like saying "I hate this game, I quit" means anything. Just because a few people give up on the game doesn't mean the game is dying.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

When I play killer I have a hard time trying to down 1 survivor while keeping other survivors off generators. Normally I try to have fun, but games go so quick nowadays that I lose count of how many matches I've played.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

They should give survivors more objectives aside from the gens.

Last Year handles it well where there are like 3 objectives to do one after another.

• QuitBitching30
    QuitBitching30 Member Posts: 13

Nobody asked man. If you spread toxicity like this it makes it worse. I play both equally and have ZERO problems.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Just had a game as billy I was hitting everyone and downing fast plus slugging but no matter what I did gens just kept going ..kinda frustrating when you are playing well yet gens just keep going

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

People don't even take into account anything but PC players on here. There are several other platforms that are alive and well. Ps4 here.

I don't care about surviving a game as long as there's fun to be had. Surviving is a bonus. Saving my team even if it means sacrificing myself, even better.

When I'm SWF it's just friends to play with. People like to push this narrative that every SWF team are the Ochidos of the game when that couldn't be further from the truth.

I typically spend more time babysitting my team than anything, keeping them alive because they're getting mad/threatening to quit every other match because killers are being scummy because they feel like it's the only thing they can do to 'win'.

Playing killer, for me at least, is not hard, just stressful because of everything you have to do on your own and keep in mind. I'm all for QOL changes that can help make playing killer less stressful as long as it's not overwhelmingly oppressive to survivors to the point that you literaly wouldn't be able to get anything done no matter what you do, which a lot of really good, decent killers already do without resorting to scummy 'tactics'.

I'd go as far as to say the current ruin should be base game instead of a totem, but still allow you to kick it to make use of perks like Pop and Overcharge. It's a theory, at least.

I just want things to get better so people stop this nonsense that every single survivor is out to get x killer or y perk. I want killers to have fun just as much as I do because it's not about taking anything away from one to make the other happy. Then you'll never be satisfied, you'll always want to take more and more. Why not think of things that can be implemented instead of taken away?