Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would you mind to make the struggle automatic? (fixed)

PatchNoir
PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

sometimes people get afk but not dc, doing this there are more chances that the person comesback at least in struggle phase.

button mashing isnt good for your tech and your health causing problems like arthrithis

will remove the accidental deaths on the hook and avoid people killing themselves now that the DC timeout is implemented.

Would you mind to make the struggle automatic? (fixed) 59 votes

yeah, struggling can be automatic cause its not something that will affect my fun at the end of the day.
74%
WeederickDustinMc_HartyLycanCHKNBossLuigifan64GibberishNescauholywhitetrashbrokedownpalaceLostWandererDimekAssassinZodiacElkBunnyTheHuttPatchNoirTheRockstarKnightRyuhiPotatoe_MonkeyList_of_concerns 44 votes
no, its a well designed mechanic that contributes a LOT to the experience and the game
15%
AdelooTapeKnotjoeyrouSeeYoureWrongMattie_MayhemOGMysteriousPersonOkoruRighiMutaTirsat 9 votes
IDK, doing nothing on the hook can be boring, but struggling doesnt feels something that change my life when i play.
10%
Carlosyluanonymous31337ParallaxPokAzgarthuspizzamess 6 votes

Comments

• PatchNoir
    yeah, struggling can be automatic cause its not something that will affect my fun at the end of the day.

early breaking my controller or my spacebar or giving me a joint pain that will affect my lifestyle struggling is fun at first but the more you play more you see that it is there to fix a hole in the design, also its nothing that adds my experience since i can just die and get a quick match if i am losing, besides that there is no perks that affect it too.

making it automatically would give me more time to get my mind straight think in a strategy and see what the killer is doing, or at least see memes on my phone.

maybe at least give struggle skill checks that can add on great skills and remove time on wrong skill.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Anyone with a mechanical keyboard should be voting the same tbh

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

How else are the Devs going to know to punish the new DC on hook?

• PatchNoir

my new laptop spacebar is already dead.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Oh it will affect my fun alright when my X button stops working and I have to throw it out.

• PatchNoir

its super fun when our finger starts aching for the rest of our lifes

• Pyras_Sundown
    Pyras_Sundown Member Posts: 16

I am actually disabled and this is a real problem for me. I have upper limb deformity which basically makes me look like a T-Rex. I play on console (PS4), I can just about do anything a normal player could do, survivor or killer, it doesn't matter. The only problem I have when playing survivor is wiggling out of killer grasp and struggling on hook. Wiggling is not a problem, just rapidly shake my left nemo fin and boom off the killers shoulder.

My right E.T looking arm? That's a problem, I know you don't have to furiously spam the X button but my jointed thumb has a real big problem at keeping up the pace, my whole arm then starts to ache and I've still got halfway till that timer hits 0. I just can't hold on any longer and its bye bye steve. It really sucks and I enjoy playing survivor and killer equally, but this struggle thing is really putting me off playing survivor and moving me to play killer more.

Please Devs. I can't keep going on...

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

i dislike struggle quite a bit , but if "struggle" was automatic i would like a "accept death" action to replace it so that you could give that last survivor an attempt to hatch out

• Kennishi
    Kennishi Member Posts: 20

But we can't have you automatically earning struggle points like that, can we?

In all seriousness, the first thing I did when I started playing survivor was rebind the struggle button to mouse wheel down.

• Okoru
    Okoru Member Posts: 144
    no, its a well designed mechanic that contributes a LOT to the experience and the game

What if you were in a game where someone is AFK , they get hooked, you're the last survivor but you cant leave through the hatch cause dumbass went AFK and is struggling on hook? its not hard to spam one key.

• yeah, struggling can be automatic cause its not something that will affect my fun at the end of the day.

This is what I hate about the DBD devs though. Most people agree and want it gone. The devs want to keep it. The devs opinions supersede the entire playerbase majority, even when it isn't a matter of balance or something that requires unbiasness but rather a useless outdated mechanic that people just want phased out before it damages their hardware.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

It should be automatic with the option to let go if you press space. Another option I wouldn’t mind is if Camaraderie just auto-struggled for you, really anything added to that perk would be good.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Its just an unnecessary annoyance.

Absurd how its still in the game nearly 4 years after release.

• PatchNoir

thats why i hate spamming buttons too much, its just a matter of time for the dualshock controller X button dies or have input problems. Also this game lacks a lot in inclusive mechanics as Colorblindness mode or a help for deaf killers.

• PatchNoir

people are requesting a bleed out button for slugging too, some killers are slugging and torturing the last 2 survivors to earn more brutality points now that they cant DC

• PatchNoir

i prefer to be the dumb person that believes the devs dont read some threads than accepting they read and ignore.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Please change the struggle mechanic @Almo. No one wants arthritis at 30 or have too go buy new keyboards because of the mechanic.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

That is a one in a billion (Jane needs a job. lol) situation where struggle would be better to exist, its impossible to not have a bad side, but removing it has the most good sides

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Another example of the devs not caring...

• PatchNoir

a man of culture i see

• Nescau
    Nescau Member Posts: 51

It's crazy how much BHVR panders to Survivor "fun" yet are so thick headed about this annoying mechanic.

Struggling on the hook is not scary, tense nor immersive. It's annoying, unnecessarily contributes to wearing out the controller/keyboard and sometimes get you unfairly killed because the game decided it didn't like the way you were mashing the button/key.

This and the black sound bubble after hooking/generation completion are bad mechanics and should be removed. Maybe keep the struggling animation (without having button presses) for the sake of flavor.

• yeah, struggling can be automatic cause its not something that will affect my fun at the end of the day.

They have actively commented in topics of this before, and it's been brought up a ton of times in every section of these forums so they have definitely read them.

• karatinac97
    karatinac97 Member Posts: 210

It would be good as sometimes it does glitch and kills you. I'd add a button so you could stop struggling if you wanted.

• PatchNoir

also a bleed out option when slugged cause you can lose 4 minutes of your life if the killer decides to slug the 2 survivors remaining

• joeyrou
    joeyrou Member Posts: 42

Yea, lets contribute to survivors who give up and dont struggle, realize they're going to the basement instead of a close hook, so they change their mind and start struggling again

• PatchNoir

sadly console players cant do this