The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Question for the Youtube Q&A

Comments

• memento
    memento Member Posts: 158

Are Devs aware Trapper's add-ons "Tar Bottle" and "Logwood Dye" are not working?
    Please fix it ASAP.

See following post.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/12358/darken-traps-doesnt-darken-traps

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

Could we perhaps see some new in-chase tracks in the future?

And will there ever be a gamma option?

• JackieEstacadoWhen
    JackieEstacadoWhen Member Posts: 78

Any word on when the issues with the pigs bugged add-ons like crate of gears will be getting fixed?

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    When and what you do with DS and chatch how long i must wait for more balance in game?What perks you want rework next?
  • ImGay
    ImGay Member Posts: 3

Any news about dedicated servers? (When I get undeserved hits through a pallet or a window - this also affects the balance of my game, and also when I encounter a player using an unstable Internet or lag-switch)

• JohnLöffel
    JohnLöffel Member Posts: 6

So, how do you describe your own progress since version 1.4.0? Good or bad?

• KeeperReaper
    KeeperReaper Member Posts: 19

Why isn't there a system similar to other games where if someone disconnects from a game they get an incremental queue time penalty(5, 15, 30 minutes example) that resets weekly/bi-weekly/monthly to make disconnecting less of an option to avoid things that annoy them? While at it, why don't we get a score/bp reward to compensate for our time wasted as the game is meant to be a 1v4 not a 1v1-3?
    Is 3-man lobby bug getting fixed anytime soon?
    Can we get a auto queue button for swfs or solos where we go back in a lobby queue instead of disbanding the entire group?
    Can we be allowed similar to other games to set a max ping so we stop getting matched by people in other regions far from acceptable connections?
    Can PTB consist of starter packs instead of getting data from normal game to avoid people using broken addon and offering combinations without consequences while also giving everyone all perks?

• Nickdela9812
    Nickdela9812 Member Posts: 45

In one of the previous Q&A you had talked about the possibility of increasing the standard FOV (Field Of View) for killers. Are you still working on this? If yes, what are the ideas to increase it and at what values? Maybe what about even putting in the game options the possibility to personalise it, and then rework the 2 current FOV perks into something else?

• Chiaki16
    Chiaki16 Member Posts: 17
    You want to fix broken add ons like the pig’s? Or can you at least remove them/make a note that they are bugged. This really seems like something that shouldn’t have to be asked after half a year.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

is there any chance my legacy skin(s) will return to me?
    i lost them somewhere in the fog, but i dont remember where exactly and i cant find them... sometimes at night, i hear the calling for me, but when i go out there to try to find them, i only get to see silhouettes of them in the fog and when i get closer, they simply fade away, leaving me all alone with these 4 strangers running around trying to touch my generators like crazys (these dudes are really scary... like stalkers...)

could you put some signes out there, showing them the way to my home? they must be really scared by now... over a year now, completely alone out there :'(

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited August 2018

Will the design of loops (specifically pallets) ever be reworked or looked at to make them less boring and counteractive? On both survivor and killer gameplay? Considering they are the most complained mechanic in the game.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Wraith: Will you fix the wipe animation for his weapon "Bloodied Sickle Knife Grim Tidings"? He is wiping the air after a successful attack right now.
  • Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

Will you make trees/ruins or just something except nothing outside the wall? Map looks like it's floating.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

Will we get more "mask-less" cosmetics for killers? Like trapper without his mask, huntress without her mask, maybe even nurse?

I think we have a great variety of masks for a lot of killers but I'd love to see their face without a mask as well! <3

• FebloR
    FebloR Member Posts: 2

Will we see soon new gamemodes like 2 killers vs 8 survivors or something like this will be fun. Casual players will be back to this game because it would be something completely new.

• ThePancakeAddict
    ThePancakeAddict Member Posts: 1

Did you ever think about making making a embedded skill for each survivor?
    If you play longer you can get almost every perk on any survivor, so picking which survivor you play doesn't matter.

• Ryan9495
    Ryan9495 Member Posts: 6
    As I am sure to not be the only one to ponder this but, could The Nun possibly be a choice Killer? She is the very definition of absolute horror.
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    There was mention in a previous live stream of taking steps to reduce the perk grind now that there are so many teachable perks.  Are there are any further plans or ideas making thier way to a PTB, or is this low on the priority list?
  • Baphomett
    Also, are there plans for any more perks with bonus BP, or reworks of existing perks? I'd love to see other playstyles rewarded, such as a perk that helps lose the killer and generates tokens after escaping a chase and remaining out of a chase for x seconds, etc.
  • Baphomett
    edited August 2018
    One more - with all the frustration around looping and chase mechanics, as well as the addition of so many aura reading and detection perks, are there plans to empower stealth players and/or evasion with new/reworked perks or mechanics?  Such as counters to bleeding and bloodhound?  Or is the game intentionally moving toward a chase-oriented playstyle?
  • 北欧人
    北欧人 Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2018

Will you ever address the issue that is people not playing the game as expected? (aka intentional disconnect)

This is a big problem, mainly on the survivor side.

• mateimusat
    mateimusat Member Posts: 1
    Can we get fog travellers(clown themed) skins for the rest of the original survivors and killers? 
  • CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

Heya Devs!
    Hope you're all doing well, thanks for this awesome game. :)

My question is. There's been mixed reactions with this latest exhaustion nerf, but I for one thought something was needed to nerf sprint burst. I am glad you did something but feel like you hurt the other perks too much. I was wondering if it was possible to make exhaustion still recharge while running, as long as you're not in a chase?
    It wouldn't hurt killers mid chase but at the same time rewards survivors for trying to escape a chase, even if it's just for a short time before they get found again.

• sHAAN
    sHAAN Member Posts: 36

Are there any plans to stop genrush? beacouse time is limited and the killer is forced to tunnel beacouse gens are easy and fast , will you add new objectives?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Will we be getting a buff to surveillance?

While I can understand why it was previously limited in terms of use now they're survivors have a lot more than generator tracking capabilities with deja vu maps and detectives hunch do you think it's possible that we could finally bump this killer perk up so it's not hot garbage.

By the way concept and the idea for the perk is absolutely amazing so you don't have to completely rework it, it's just a those 16 seconds are terrible
  • dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

can we buff hex huntress lullaby to lit a totem once a survivor gets hooked and it properly activates and not give survivors a notification before it is even active

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Colorblind mode
    Colorblind mode please
    Colorblind mode please, it's 100% possible after seeing how easy you changed hook colors (even switching them during a game)

• NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271

When are maps and killers going to be balanced? Stuff like pallet looping going to stop or hatch going to be able to be closed. Survivors maybe becoming slower at everything they do when injured since I don't think a normal person could focus on fixing a generator while having his body wounded that badly.

As you know the game should be asymmetrical and survivors should have a feeling of fear when being close to the killer. The fear can be the fear of being scared or the fear of being found which should be punished.

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259

Can we get a list showing what are the most used perks for Killers/Survivors, kind of interested in that.

• Skorpanio

Also please fix my progression losses.
    Everytime I try leveling my Hag to p2-50 it takes me back to p2-39.
    This is very annoying and I'd like to have it fixed ASAP!

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    What's the status of the leaderboards and individual killer ranks?

It's not fun to play with a killer I'm not good with against more skillful survivors.
  • FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Are you going to do PTB for consoles any time soon. 
  • Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396

In the next chapter or mid chapter patch we will be able to finally close the hatch has the killer ?

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Will the Bloodpoint cap be removed? If not, why bother keeping it?

• TheEliteTurtle
    TheEliteTurtle Member Posts: 108
    edited August 2018

What licensed video game killers have you considered adding?
    (Also, I luv colored text on the fourms 10/10 addition)

Post edited by TheEliteTurtle on
  • RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

Are you aware that the some of the Pig's add-ons(I believe the ones to make searching a JigSaw box take longer) do not work? Are you planning on fixing this?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    How are the ranked season rewards you spoke about a few months ago coming along? Anything you can share?
  • Korek_V2
    Korek_V2 Member Posts: 7

Can we see cross-platform party and games in the future?

• BogdanNEK
    BogdanNEK Member Posts: 65

What do you think about "last second survivor switch"? The killer can face 4x toolboxes/flashlights in a blink of an eye, which is not intended. The killer should be able to choose the perks based on what he sees in the lobby, everytime.

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198

Before releasing the cosmetic store you talked about the exclusiv cosmetic we get for buying a dlc and that you are planning to do this also for all dlc's. So far we only got this cosmetic for the Leatherface dlc. So are there any news or work in progress for the dlc's you can share with us?
    Thanks and keep up the great work

• GreySin
    GreySin Member Posts: 28

why is it taking so long to fix the hatch standoff or re-balance the hatch close?

• Skorpanio

Is the sound The Spirit makes when getting stunned a placeholder?
    She sounds exactly like The Nurse and it just feels like you've copy pasted the sound over to The Spirit.
    Please fix this and make a new sound, something unique!

• Rokolell
    Rokolell Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2018

With the recent changes to Steamplay and the addition of the Proton compatibility layer will you ever consider making this game run on that? I heard that EAC is working on Wine builds so it shouldn't be so hard to get this running.

If not, would you alternatively consider to press this and create a second Steam depot using the EAC Linux Version?

I'd really love to get away from Windows but things like this make it hard to switch without having to leave the game behind, too... :(

• Nazo
    Nazo Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2018

@Rokolell said:
    With the recent changes to Steamplay and the addition of the Proton compatibility layer will you ever consider making this game run on that? I heard that EAC is working on Wine builds so it shouldn't be so hard to get this running.
    If not, would you alternatively consider to press this and create a second Steam depot using the EAC Linux Version?
    I'd really love to get away from Windows but things like this make it hard to switch without having to leave the game behind, too... :(

THIS! Linux support, please? <3 Thank you <3

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    edited August 2018
    Will this game ever go cross-platform? (Everyone playing together regardless of what system they're using i.e PC, XBOX, PS4)
  • ShowMeUrBirb
    ShowMeUrBirb Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2018

Can we get more statistics (perk usage, kill ratio, other balance related stats) and graphs like in the good old days of weekly streams?

• Eric
    Eric Member Posts: 1

Any plans on adding the ability to do fun things in KYF? As in like altering stats of survivors/killers and their stats of their perks to fun/silly lengths for fun or the ability to remove the limit on how many survivors/killers are allowed in a match.

This discussion has been closed.