Hangman's Trick Thoughts

Hi All

I did originally post this on the Steam forums but figured this may be worth bring up here also

Just been watching some going ons with the PTB and can't help but notice the go with Hangman's Trick

From what I understand, it's going to be changed from what it does in the PTB as it's not working as the Devs intended.

However... I honestly can't help but think that it's almost something that would massively benefit DBD for both sides

Killers actually get given a decent perk 

Survivors coincidentally have a perk that if they were to come up against it, actually would actively discourage a killer from both camping and tunnelling

If a killer sees that other survivors are nowhere near the soon to be hooked survivor, then if he/she has any sense at all won't be hanging around 

It also provides everyone with the killer/survivor interaction increase that the devs have said they wanted so dearly

the counters to it are also numerous... if a killer is carrying someone, run one way until hooked and then once hooked, bolt in the opposite direction

It's genuinely a fantastic opportunity that has been found, albeit unintentionally so

Both sides win from this

The only ones that wouldnt win from this would be those that either 

a.) camp/tunnel and say they don't

or 

b.) hook save rush and make equally silly plays and say they don't 

These are the players that wouldn't gain anything from this as you've pretty much been found out lol

I'd honestly welcome this from either side... both facing and using the perk

Any thoughts on this one?

This isn't an invitation for salt throwing... I just would like to see if others feel the same or if there's something that I've perhaps missed on the topic

Comments