Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The devs don't care about Killers

The devs don't care about Killers. They very rarely balance in killers' favour and they actively avoid confronting issues with killer gameplay.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

As of right now, but they are planning on doing that on other maps as soon as they possibly can.

• DelsKibara

Admittedly their methods aren't perfect, but what is really?

And I'm pretty sure we'll hear more about the breakable walls during the mid-chapter patch.

• DelsKibara

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the devs are trying to add breakable walls into every map as soon as they possibly can, as in prior to reworking them. I may be mistaken though.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

This game is extremely hard to balance. Killers are generally better than 90% of red ranks so it's hard to balance the game around the top 10% of this, while not making it even worse for every below. The next patch had a few good killer buffs in it, sabo will need fixed but otherwise I think the next patch will be good.

If we had a bigger player base (maybe from cross-platform) we could create a ranked mode and a casual mode for this game. Give survivors/killers a reward for the rank they reach to keep them playing the ranked version.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I think the bright red and blue wooden boards nailed to the wall are supposed to be the clue.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

@Thatbrownmonster Old Ruin was used by pretty much every killer and the majority of them have no idea what pressure is. The new breakable wall in Shack is a mechanic that will once again coddle baby players wayyy too much. It's almost like the Devs don't know how to implement stuff that encourages learning and improving your overall gameplay while still keeping it fun for low experience players. At a high level, shack will still be loopable, just nowhere near as mindgamable once that wall is broken. So yeah, agree with you there, damage control.

However, on a high experience side, Deathslinger is gonna be insanely fun to play as and vs. I don't say this about every killer upon initial drop, but he may be my new main ;) can't say Devs don't know to make fun and interactive killer powers. Balance wise, it's always an uphill tug of war; New dlc wise, incredibley fun and exciting! So no, @DVD420 I disagree with you saying they don't care. Theu do care, it's just a struggle/poor business implementing all the changes they want to at once; since every update comes with new bugs. Too many changes at once may possibly cause harmful bug issues thay make the game unplayable. Plus, DBD will be alive for a long time, stick with it, keep having fun with new dlc, killers you love playing as, perk builds you enjoy a lot etc and ridd out the storms that we have to cross through to get to the better sde of balance

• nicov90
    nicov90 Member Posts: 10

Is it just me or these posts are getting really annoying? tons of posts like these already. Can't somebody just enjoy the game without complaining about everything for once? thank you

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

I posted this elsewhere, but you should read it.

Since PC release, killer has been buffed, survivor nerfed. This is important to understand and through examples you’ll see why that has happened. It shows you why the game has had the trajectory it has and why we are now in our current quagmire.

It all started with the introduction of swf and the 2 escapes, 2 kills devs unit of metric. You don’t have to like the metric but it’s whats given the survivors all their nerfs and all the killers current buffs.

The devs failed to understand that people would want to play with friends in an online game at release (serious), what we got was ‘lobby wars’. Where survivors would join different lobbies looking for their friends and leave if they couldn’t find them. It was horrible trying to find games. Hence why we got swf, that completely unbalanced the game by creating coordinated survivors that could communicate. The devs have been nerfing survivor ever since and completely crippled solo survivor play.

Killers now are up around 70% kills due to the trajectory of the game and the devs metric system, unless you feel their metric system is bad, in which case they can undo all the changes I've just mentioned....

It also important to mention marketing and advertising. There’s nothing special about survivors, they are just reskins with some new perks that all play the same. THATS IT. EACH killer has its own unique play style and as you see from their advertising, its always new killers they promote. Survivors get a mention, but its never really the selling point. 

DBD reddit, back in the day was all about poking fun at survivors and giving you the impression that every second game is SWF and heavily biased against killers. Which was a lie. OP SWF games are maybe one in 30 games with most swf games being friends who are just wanting to have fun and usually end up wiping. But there was no push back, the killer echo room there would down vote anything survivor sided.

That coupled with the points I mentioned previously meant that a lot of survivor mains left the game. Which is kind of obvious, I mean you understand the devs unit of metric sure, but you just watch nerf, after nerf, after nerf as it all gets taken away. Why would you stay for that? Its kind of miserable.

What has this created? In short. Entitlement. Killer mains know if they whine, they get what they want. 

THIS is the environment the devs have created and what you see on the forums.

You have no perspective, and are part of the group think mentality. I understand why it is that you think your right, but as I explained, you're not.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I've been working through the remainder of my Tome challenges which are survivor/both challenges. I am only using survivor and besides the wait times, the whole game experience is much more relaxed.

I play both but when you have a survivor game you can clearly see how hard it is playing as killer, when taking in to account match-making and balancing.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

There's a difference between "drawing a conclusion" and stating what the stats say, I'd love a clarification but I'm pretty sure when they said "Don't draw conclusions" they meant "Don't say spirit needs nerfs just because this chart says she's good". Presenting the evidence as it is (Every killer over 50%) is not a conclusion, it's a fact based on those stats, saying that Freddy/spirit needs nerfs because they're so highly played with good kill rates is a conclusion.

• Lmronby
    Lmronby Member Posts: 339

Listen to their playerbase and not tell us to go play Civilization for a change.

• Lmronby
    Lmronby Member Posts: 339
  • Nakedwildman
    Nakedwildman Member Posts: 198

Dont forget, BHVR is a 7 person Indie company. 4 Years is a very considerable time. For real, i do get you... i do feel the same as you.

Ive played for 7 Years World of warcraft... any major Bug got fixxed almost "overnight" any "little bug got fixed almost within a week.... And if DbD was made by Blizzard, things would be different. But its not. Thats the point... so play another Game until changes you do like come up, try again and keep playing or quit it again. Theres no other way...

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257

Good advice

I'll see you lads in DOOM Eternal or something, can't stand the current state of the game any longer.

Good luck, Killergang. Maybe one day we'll have justice.

But not today.

• FGK17
    FGK17 Member Posts: 10

Maaaaaan I'm new to the game & let me just say comments like these really represent the community 👀...

As a killer main I can understand the frustration and the game certainly is stacked against us, but to say the devs don't care just doesn't make sense? Being killer is a task, but I feel that is one of the rewarding aspects about it, the odds are stack against you 4v1 so playing killer is like proudly taking up the burden. I think killers wish the devs would just be a bit more ambitious with changes that make playing killer feel less like a chore but everyone needs us, survivors and devs

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

They care about both sides, its just hard to please everyone.

Just saying "ebil devs dont care for good boy killers" wont help anyone.

• Spotsy
    Spotsy Member Posts: 39

Well they just need to share the love to a few other killers.. Im getting sick of seeing only Huntress and Spirit and GhostFace in higher ranks lmfao

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

little hard to tell with a game that has no colorblind support still!

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Yeah, this is a problem. The blood trail might as well be invisible for me. Scratch marks in the corn...Lol.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

There's red and blue on those walls?

God this game really doesn't like people who's vision isn't 20/20

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

They are testing, and so far the breakable wall is only on the saloon map, not the others. They might not go through with it. And it's still a loop, just not as good

• hendo1985
    hendo1985 Member Posts: 3

All these people complaining about the game being favored towards the survivor must not be that great... I do SWF and most of us stay around rank 1-3 and every 5 matches you get a killer that is actually fun and we have the advantage.. 99% of them camp and tunnel and have perks that give them the advantage. Just because you don’t get an easy 4K everytime doesn’t mean it favors survivors at all. Balance is 2 dead 2 escape. You won’t have survivors to play against if it becomes much more favored toward the killer. I play killer a lot as well and get ruthless or merciless without camping and tunneling and most of the time carry the last survivor to the door to escape so I’m not getting super easy 4K...

• CrescentGent
    CrescentGent Member Posts: 60

"The Devs don't care about killers"

This has just clicked with you now?

• Fibijean

Fair enough - and I agree that's an issue, for the record - though one can still learn to recognise the pattern in the meantime.

• Fibijean

Can be hard to tell, depending on the lighting, but there are three boards nailed diagonally in a fairly distinctive Z formation. It looks like this (though this isn't a great image):