Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would you still play dbd in 9 years time if no rival has bettered it?

AshleyWB
AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

We always talk about a rival game emerging to knock dbd of it's perch but what if years down the line Dbd is the only game doing what dbd does well.

Would you still play it?

Assume that dbd in 9 years time the opinion is similar to it is now, so it'll still be an unhealthy addiction Which you always come back to.

I honestly think I would definitely play dbd in 9 years time if nothing else betters it.

Comments

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

No. It takes a rare game to get me over 1K hours. I start to get burned out around 300-500 hours..

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178
    edited February 2020

Maybe...yes

How many killers do we have after 9 years?

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

9 years from now they may fix some of the issues noticed shortly after launch. Probably not though.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

By that point, I'd probably realize that humping a cactus is less unbalanced and less painful. So no, I wouldn't lol

• VIle
    VIle Member Posts: 167

Nah. I'm in over 2k hrs and this is already my B game, about to become C in the state it is. Unless they do something fast I think we're in the real End game collapse here.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I wonder if I even remember this game in 9 years time..if I'm alive.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited February 2020

Well on PS4 we have ManEater coming out and Last Year at some point. I will play far less DBD when they're released.

I started playing DBD and Friday 13th around the same time in early summer 2017 but since the F13 had the lawsuit situation, my interest dropped.

The same will likely happen with DBD. It was (in my opinion) never in the same league as F13, a game I loved to play. DBD got my attention with the inclusion of Michael Myers as I'm a huge Halloween fan.

But my interest and overall patience with DBD is wearing thin. No way will I be playing this in 9 year time.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

No. I'm just waiting 2 more months for Predator hunting grounds to come out

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

Yeah, this game reminds me of Mabinogi. Excellent concept, decent lore, but the execution is sorely lacking. Everyone loves the idea but they're all waiting for something better to come along.

• Pyras_Sundown
    Pyras_Sundown Member Posts: 16

I'd play it till the playerbase is literary just me. Though I don't think another game will top this. Its a single game with all your favorite movie stars. Asymmetrical games are too few and a genre that hasn't really kicked in. The only game I can think of it 'Last year', even that hasn't really kicked off.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

I’m pretty sure BHVR will stop supporting DBD by then, they’ll either move onto another project or if by some miracle they’ll make some kind of sequel. I haven’t kicked my DBD habit yet so i’m still stuck on it, i’m pretty sure once Cyberpunk, Dying Light 2, and Watch Dogs 3 comes out i’ll be playing those but i’ll always come back to DBD till it loses support :)

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

if the game doesn't substantially change then nah.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

You dont have to permanently quit any game. And as someone already mentioned - its likely that DBD2 or other game will come out.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I feel like when the Devs eventually come out and say "Right guys we're disabling the servers" everyone will be cheering. Not because they want the game to end, but because they can't stand the dedicated servers themselves.

It's quite daunting wondering what BHVR will do once dbd actually becomes obsolete and not around anymore.

I don't know how business works too well but I hope BHVR either team up with another game business place thingy or do what From Software did with Bloodborne and sell the dbd IP to a big games company (Sony) while continuing to work within the genre on a separate game altogether.

I don't see Dbd as a game that will just die. I think it'll end up left not updated for a while then BAM DBD is relaunched, revamped so everything is better and more polished than before with all sorts of new stuff added. Licences roll onto the new relaunch.

This is based on the assumption another games aren't gonna come and steal chunks of the playerbase each time.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

9 years ago? What game was I playing?

WWE All-Stars on ps3.

Good game...but I haven't played it since about 2014.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 701

Honestly, I’m not even playing it now.

In 9 years maybe though, we should have breakable walls in about half the maps by then ;’P

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I mean, this is one of the games I have lasted the longest playing, I really like it and I think I will keep playing for at least another 2 years.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I still play Sims 3, Skyrim and Oblivion. Not all the time, but I still go back to them when I feel like it. If I love a game enough, I never truly give it up. So yes, if DBD is still alive in nine years, I'll probably still play it. Maybe not as fervently as I do now, but certainly on and off.

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

That's a tall ask, I would say I'll play as long as the devs keep updating their game.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Most likely I’d still play.

• K1LLR0CKNR0LL
    K1LLR0CKNR0LL Member Posts: 176

If the overall health of the game is fixed probably. But at this time matchmaking is crap, killer is in a horrible place, survivors are getting camped, slugged, tunneled and mori'd, unbalanced perks and add-ons/items on both sides and don't even get me started on the bugs. So at this point in time the answer is definitely no.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

probaply.

i just love the concept, i dont see me quitting any time soon.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 886

Doubtful, unless things change dramatically. As it is now, I can only take it in short bursts. It's a great concept, but if they can't figure out a way to balance it better, I will have long forgotten about it in 9 years.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Maybe, i don't know.