DBD needs to bring scary back.

13»

Comments

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,583

no but be nice to see it in more Killers cosmetics :)

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

Thank you someone get's were i'm coming from and why in F13 you can still jump scare people, it's funny how in F13 they have kept that feeling in the game that Jason could show up any second and give you a jump scare and he can kill you the first time he grabs you. But in DBD where you have to hook a survivor a max of 3 times unless you use a mori/perk they have taken that away survivors being scared off killers.

Your spot on the survivors get to much information to soon but we can't make the game hard for survivors or make it a challenging for them to use skill to outplay the killer and not just get a warning be it sound or blood coming from a gen to move away and hide somewhere safe.

• MakoaKeo
    MakoaKeo Member Posts: 74

there's a difference between getting hardened to the horror aspect and survivors just outright disrespecting killers because they know they'll get away with it.

• Zylance
    Zylance Member Posts: 64

I want a mode that is unable to have SWF (i dont play it, but yeah..) And with no info on the screen. No idea if other survivors are wounded, hooked etc. Would need to listen to know if somebody was hooked or injured. And so on..:)

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

I want to have to buy new underwear daily if I play this game.

• WalkingNurse
    WalkingNurse Member Posts: 22

Agreed, except for the implication that it is normal to get used to the horror element. There are ways to make it legitimately terrifying to be a survivor regularly.... Problem is the things that are scary right now become unscary once you play a bit.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

I think a game can always be scary. The problem with dead by daylight is that there is so much given information. So you know what to expect.

It’s like watching a horror movie trailer then going to see the movie. (Off topic) Horror movies lately have a habit of showing too much now a days.

Anywho, that’s why I ask if the devs can give players the option to turn off HUDS. It will make it more of a challenge for players who want.

On top of that it allows players to create their own experience when playing the game.

• Megaris
    Megaris Member Posts: 105

There is no fear anymore in this game. What killers can scare you at 5 minutes match?

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited February 2020

Not if they do it by adding a lot more jump scares. If they add more random pop up killers with loud noises thats not something you just get used to. People still get scared by surprise gen grabs/turning around to see a stealth killer and so on. Random surprise pop ups and noises like those are a good way to get reactions.

Drown the maps in darkness so you can't see/react and remove TR more often. Killers will be popping up out of nowhere scaring people. (Like new lerys/bugged dead dawg darkness)

A lot of people hate random jump scares because they're something you can't get used to people find them cheap. Cheap scares are better than what DbD has at the moment.

Killers are also typically punished for trying to scare and be fun. If you go to a doorway and wait for a survivor so you can pop out you'll likely be punished by gen speeds because you aren't pressuring you're waiting to scare someone.

Post edited by BBQnDemogorgon on
  • Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

More the suspense and feeling of danger; Alien Isolation is brutal on the senses with minimal gore

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Hence why you rely on atmosphere. Course jumpscares get stale after a while, but when done right they have a lasting impact. It also doesn't change how lazy of a response Peantis gave.