Why is this still a thing?

Options

So I recently had a game as a survivor against a plague (xbox btw). Survivors are winning as the plague has only hooked about 2 or 3 of us and there was only one gen remaining. Anyway, it seems the she rage quits and dcs. The scoreboard shows and I notice that I didn't get any bloodpoints from that game, even though my score was around 11,000 and the killer had the dc icon next to it so I knew that I didn't accidentally disconnect. I then realise that my ultra rare map was gone as well. I was confused by this cause I thought that when the killer dcs, survivors keep their items and bps. Does anyone else have this problem or is this just a one off?

Comments

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

iirc it's a bug. The killer dc's and the game registers as you dc'd as well. It happened to me here and then. Did you get a dc penalty by any chance?

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247
    Options

i quite often find that what the scoreboard shows isn't always the actual outcome when a killer dc's. that's happened to me a lot when a killer dc's and it will show that i lose a pip but when i get back to my lobby, i found that i still got my bloodpoints from that match and i either safety pipped or pipped. you will lose your offering unless the game is cancelled as soon as you get into a game though. in regards to items, usually you don't lose them unless you have used all the charges before the killer dc's.

• celestialking24
    celestialking24 Member Posts: 29
    Options

This happened to me once or twice. One time I can remember, I had brought a Rainbow Map and after I managed to throw the killer off me, he went and DC'd. I got full on penalized for it. Lost my Rainbow Map and add-ons, got zero bloodpoints, and ended up getting depiped, even though my status showed he was the one to quit.

• Gmoose17
    Gmoose17 Member Posts: 49
    Options

It’s happened to me a few times as well (PS4). But luckily I haven’t had that bug happen in a while

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

It's happened to me a couple times, working in a gen, killer DC's or looses connection and it shows that I DC as well and get hit with the penalty

• irvman
    irvman Member Posts: 10
    Options

I always hate when this happens. I've lost offering this way too if they quit almost immediately after the match starts