How is playing killer so difficult?

Options
2»

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

the first thing you learn from whatever statistic class is that stats can't be used to jump instantly on the conclusions, rather you should examine the rest (for example, we can see that nurse is the worst killer, which is far from reality).

also, there is no rank distinction at all, so the entire graph is not useful to be discussed in a balancing view.

also, many variables are not said, like SWF, maps, offerings, perks...

the truth, badly taken data that is basically worthless.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Everyone I've seen is against the breakable wall to shack. Killer and survivor mains. Hopefully they don't go through with the shack one. Other breakable walls are a welcome change though. Loops like ironworks and the coldwind buildings of pain need to die.

• Nakedwildman
    Nakedwildman Member Posts: 198
    Options

what about you make a livestream, and you show your "killer is so easy games?

let me guess, it wont happen because of bad internet or potatoe hardware or other excuses because the stuff you describe,

only works in forums and not in the usual gameplay against hardcore survivors

• doodledot
    doodledot Member Posts: 70
    Options

I dont understand how people say: "omg the gen speeds are so fast the killer can't win. *killer wins*

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113
    Options

You guys have obviously never loaded in a match, and the game literally be done in 5 minutes because they left their one buddy on hook to go stage two, then all end up having borrowed and DS the entire ending of the game. Hell I've done this as survivor, loaded in with my team then the game ended with a 4 man because I was able to run the killer to the farthest distances from my team allowing them to work more if the killer left me.

Sure killer is easy when going against potatoes, but so is survivor. but going up against a unit, if you aren't billy or playing dirty with some camping and tunneling you have maybe 1 to 2 kills if none of them have DS or borrowed.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580
    Options

This isn't a bad idea, a good team on ps4 should offer op a kyf match (and record it) to see if he/she is indeed a 4k God.

• Okoru
    Okoru Member Posts: 144
    Options

you talk about getting 4k's every game but you also said you play killer on and off. That makes me think you're high rank and no wonder its easy for ya to get 4ks and have fun

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

also, there is no rank distinction at all, so the entire graph is not useful to be discussed in a balancing view.

Does not matter, since the game has to be ballanced around all ranks. You can not ballance a game only for pros and you can not ballance for beginners. What we got here is the best we can ask for.

also, many variables are not said, like SWF, maps, offerings, perks...

Does not matter aswell. We know at the current state of the game - considering any aspect that the game is in favour of the killer, if the devs want to ballance around 2K 2 escape (which is definitly the right idea by the way).

the truth, badly taken data that is basically worthless.

No, but thanks for trying.

• ermsy
    Options

This data isn't accurate, according to this the nurse is the weakest killer by far. That alone should tell you that these statistics arent meant to be taken seriously.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

"Killer is easy and the devs coddle the killers"

Are you sure about that? All the killer nerf patch notes literally state something about catering to survivors

Legion: Frustrating for survivors to deal with

Nurse: Giving her blinks a cooldown to give survivors breathing space

Forever Freddy: Nerfed slowdown add-ons so survivors can have a chance to escape

Spirit: Vault animation, and add-on nerf because she was very frustrating to deal with

Doctor: Snap out of it takes you back to T1 madness and a cooldown after shock therapy to give survivors a chance

Ruin: A legit nerf because survivors can't hit skill checks

Seems like you need to play a non viable killer vs optimal swf on Mother's Dwelling

• xEa
    Options

Sure you can take it seriously. It is telling us that nurse is not working very well overall. She is definitly the best killer, i know that, but they have to do something with her that also the bad and unexperienced players can play her.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

Killer isn't difficult to play.

Survivors are just stronger than a killer of equal skill.

• ermsy
    Options

But according to the data she is the worst killer by a lot. If we are taking this data seriously then nurse should be the next killer to be buffed as the data clearly shows she is the weakest killer.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,623
    Options
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,623
    Options

Trust me, he's lying. If PC for killer is a bad dream, PS4 is a nightmare. Try DBD but with worse frame rate and a sensitivity lock.

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364
    Options

first time I played killer I had no fun because the survivors didn’t have a chance. It’s too easy for sure. I almost felt bad and that’s with very little map knowledge at first. I mean the gens are highlighted, with how fast killers are they gen camp really easy and have perks that cause regression... it’s too much. More often than not if people are gen rushing you that’s nothing to complain about because really.... what the hell else are they supposed to do? It’s not fun playing survivor and dying every damn game. I feel like they should make the killer work harder. It almost seems too easy.

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

I mean there has to be pros and cons and with killers I’m not seeing many cons. Except for this new killer that came out I’m seeing that he’s pretty slow. But for most it seems like they just come with a bunch of Abilities that vary from killer to killer. Speed remains the same, just some come with traps or invisibility or zero heartbeat which, why when that’s one of the main indicators that help survivors hide? It’s not like I can put on a perk that restores killer radius heartbeat 😂 and this one hit knock thing.... what the hell do killers have to complain about? So shameful. Go play Friday 13th and you’ll see real frustrations set in playing as Jason getting stun locked and potentially killed. Killers are OP in this game I’ll stand by that until they change it. Gen rushing is NOT an issue when killers have the ability to pound people into the ground in one hit and see people working on gens. If you really can’t get At least ONE person before they finish gen rushing you I’d say youre bad lol

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

Also, killers have insane range. Slamming people into the ground through vaults is WAY TOO MUCH

• xEa
    Options

We see that there is a problem with her, yes. If we go into detail we will figure out, what exactly the problem is.

If we think this in terms of problems, we can also say, that nurse is to hard for people and the rest is to easy. So we have to make nurse more easy and other killers harder to play, if this is what devs wish.

It really does not matter how you turn, we will always end the same: Killers overall are overperforming right now. We dont question why it is, that is a completly different topic, but it is a fact that they do.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    Options

You don't know the first thing about game balance if this is how you view stats. I love how you people will always cherry pick data and dev posts when it suits your ######### up narrative.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    edited February 2020
    Options

I think you might have this game confused with Last Year. Killers have two different movement speeds (115% and 110%) and can't "slam people into the ground". What drugs are you on? Brown ranks are like a different game I swear.

• xEa
    Options

I dont see any counter or explanation why this data is so wrong in your opinion. All i say is, they want to balance around 2 kills 2 survives overall (and i hope and guess they try this for all ranks, otherwise it will be pointless in the end) and we are far from that since killers are overperforming period. If this is because 1 hooks, everyobdy playing with the best addons, everyone of survivor is potato, rank is messed up, mori, map design etc etc does not matter the slightest if we discuss this topic. These are detail questions that have to be figured HOW to reach the goal.