List of things that Killers are not allowed to do gameplaywise

Options

-spend more than 60 secs on finding,chasing through jungle gyms and hooking a survivor (3 gens gone)

-benefit from survivor looping mistakes (Dead Hard)

-pick up a survivor (Pallet Stun/Flashlight)

-Hook a Survivor (2 sec hook sabotage lmfao)

-punish a mindless and unsave unhook (Borrowed time)

-punish the unhooker (Bodyblocked by person with Borrowed time on them)

-pick up an once hooked survivor (DS)

-grab a just unhooked survivor out of a locker in which he has 60secs safety for free (DS)

-benefit from overall good juggling (Adrenaline)

-complete their objective a little bit faster (DS)

Comments

• DYNAMICskills7
    DYNAMICskills7 Member Posts: 129
    Options

Hook sabo isn’t worse than before for killers. I made a topic about it.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Well the gen speeds are just a part of the game and until bhvr do something to fix the early game we have to live with it.

I do agree with dead hard but that perk's never getting a change. Honestly the most infuriating thing in the game to see someone dead hard for distance to a window or pallet after they mess up.

If you're getting pallet saved or flashlight saved bait the survivor to come for the save and then go after them, or run lightborn for flashlight saves...or look at a wall...another thing you can do is instantly turn 180 degrees and pick a survivor up. They usually won't react in time and you can pick them up safely.

sabotaging is fine now. It actually makes sabo-ing a viable thing to do as a solo survivor, and if everyone's running around being sabo gods then they're not doing gens so who cares. (Keep in mind you'll almost never see people actually doing this when the update hits live, everyone's doing it now because it's new and interesting. Guarantee you'll rarely see it happen so don't get too worked up about it)

BT is there to punish tunnelling, and out of the "mEtA" perks it's the most balanced. You shouldn't be insta-hitting the survivors who are getting unhooked anyway? If you are the perk is doing its job and you're the one who tunnelled. Just wait out BT if you know they have it, a lot of survivors will keep running into you trying to bait a hit so just wait it out and hit them.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Because that survivor should also die for it. It's like trading for a hook save. They go down, the survivor potentially struggles free and then it's their turn to go on a hook or get slugged for 30 seconds to wait for the hook to respawn. People are overreacting so much to this sabo change it's unreal. The one change that encourages survivors to not hammer gens and be altruistic and everyone's up in arms about it.

• DYNAMICskills7
    Options
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

But they won't. The stun from wiggling out will prevent the Killer from punishing the, shall we say, Saboteur.

Basically, 2.5 second Sabo is completely broken. It needs to be changed before it goes Live, just like DeathSlinger needs to be changed.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2020
    Options

More like "list of things good killers can play around while the others complain"

• DYNAMICskills7
    edited February 2020
    Options

Rather not have you purswade the devs to revert the sabo changes to something worse (as in more unfair towards killers) and not accessible to solo queue. Start talking about a slight sabo nerf after it hits live version for a bit.

• Pulsar
    Options

I would rather persuade them into seeing that this change is completely unfair for one side.

I would rather Sabo be changed into something healthier.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

1- corrupt intervention would like to know your location (trust me. i've committed to many, many, many chases early game that lasted more than a minute. and most of the times when i have corrupt intervention equipped. it's only a 1 gen lost. 2 if they had toolboxes).

2- *respects dead hard and waits half a second*

3- *looks at a wall*, *baits the flashlight guy and getting a free hit*, *runs lightborn*, and for the pallet one. just bait it out and down the person who wants to save.

4- haven't tried ptb. so i cannot give an opinion about it right now.

5- mindless and unsafe hooks A.K.A. hook bombs? just go for the savior (you can hear him walking and/or breathing behind u while you're hooking the survivor). a hit before he unhooks. and a hit after he unhooks. ez trade.

6- after picking him up? then that would just be a bit extra pressure on that survivor since you're probably right under the hook. before that? then why the hell are you camping that poor soul? hook bomb? read 5.

7- *decides to not tunnel*

8- same as 7.

9- *runs noed*, or just kill all of them before they finish the last gen.

10- if you mean snowballing pretty quickly to a recently hooked survivor. then yeah. it sucks. and they need to nerf DS for it. but if you mean tunneling. then wasn't the whole point of DS is to be an anti-tunneling perk?

oh, here's a note: I play both sides fairly and I know how much it's frustrating and annoying when these things happen to you. but for most of them. you can actually play around them and dodge them. and sometimes even get a free down because of them (3 for example. if the survivor kept coming back for that save. you'll probably be able to bait him and down him). however. I do agree that DS needs to be nerfed/reworked. and I don't think i need to explain why.

• DYNAMICskills7
    Options

It’s always been unfair for years. I have tested it a bit on ptb and it doesn’t tell me yet it’s broken. I know it’s an opinion, but a lot of people complaining haven’t even played ptb and just follow others opinions instead. or some can have misjudgements, especially from negativity everywhere purswading you.

i think it really needs to hit live version for more wider players and I can hardly play killer on ptb with wait times. Most of my assessment is based off of how old sabo played and analysing gameplay and creating scenarios in my mind that will be the worst and best. Something I don’t see anyone talk about but myself and tydetime has a similar thinking strategy to analyse killer potential. I should also note my unpaid personal job is to test and analyse games like these to break them. Where a scenario can be created easily. People follow a optimal code like ai

• Pulsar
    Options

I don't really like Tyde, he doesn't seem involved anymore. I would value Otz or ScottJund's opinion more.

If it hits Live in its current version, games are going to be incredibly toxic. Denying the Killer a hook is like adding two gens to the Survivors objective.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,415
    Options

Please avoid attacking one another, keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic, thank you.

• DYNAMICskills7
    edited February 2020
    Options

I wish it was that simple for me to rely on someone else’s opinion. But I have found most people are just as flawed as any ordinary human. I have only ever listened to datto that analyses destiny using numbers to validate his opinion and tydetime using optimal thought out scenarios like myself, which is like numbers that can’t lie.

idk who scottjund is. But otz was introduced to me by a friend and told me he said Freddy was best killer, better than nurse. Of course my friend was a idiot who misheard, but he got me to analyse one of his videos named Freddy vs optimal swf ooo or something and I broke down the whole thing with timestamps and shared it to otz discord too. I Essentially proved the video was clickbait and there was dozens of examples to his opinions being wrong and why the survivors were failures. He’s not even active on his discord and it’s pretty dead tbh and he never responded rip. Took me a few hours to write everything down.

• Pulsar
    Options

Numbers can mislead.

Do you consider the recent stats accurate?

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Having fun

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

You do realize we could do a list for survivors, using the same logic, right?

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558
    Options

How do I play around someone with DS and Unbreakable body blocking me?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Hit them, down them, hook person. Watch person on ground for 45 more seconds.

Easy.

People are so afraid to HIT bodyblockers it hurts.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,676
    Options
  • DYNAMICskills7
    Options

It’s true there’s some number glitches with dps, but it’s usually pointed out and adjusted.

What stats ecactly do you refer to? I just remember a mention of usage % from a recent stream. Like lithe being most used lol. But wouldn’t doubt it at lower ranks and killer win rate.

• Pulsar
    Options

Killer pick rate, kill rate and the Devs said Self-Care is the most picked Survivor perk.

• DYNAMICskills7
    edited February 2020
    Options

It’s impossible to know for sure. I dont know if their taking into account 4 or 5 years of stats, or 3 months worth of stats. If it’s 3 months it seems a little unbelievable but not impossible for lower ranks to use them. If you’re at rank 1 you wouldn’t experience most of the high statistical things, because they all seem to lean towards lower ranks and lower ranks are the majority.

Lets assume each platform has 20k people and switch 15k. Because steam usually has around 18to 20 and devs said each platform is about the same with switch behind a bit. If you’re locked to you’re region mostly finding people you know, its not hard to believe the people outside of your playgroup could equivalate that % of usage. Like Australia for example. We should have only a couple thousand across consoles at least. Just a few hundred on Xbox, out of 75k total players we don’t see or play with. There could be thousands with self care and it is noob friendly on a og character and what’s recommended by most youtubers to start with.

this can apply to killers pick rate and kill rate. Lower ranks affect this a lot and devs know stats arnt everything, context matters. Like why self care is chosen, it’s not for broken reasons etc.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    edited February 2020
    Options

You jumped in a locker thinking i wont grab you cos i am scared of eating a DS? You are wrong. Ill eat the ds and then hook you.

But then again if i anot playing killer til i see further changes i wont be grabbing you at all. I switched to surv as well. Killer is far too stressful.

I would rather die every game then deal with that ######### again. And i do die just about every game. Less than %3 surv rate. So much for the two get out bit,

Most games i play i see 4 kills. I am trackign statistics. Its ugly for me as a surv. But as killer i see the same stats. Nothing but 4k's

Post edited by fleshbox on