Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What maps do you dislike both as a survivor and killer?

Comments

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    edited February 2020

I've got so many maps I hate for some many reasons as killer:

• Wretched Shop: because everyone runs to the building to do that very long loop
    • Ironworks of Misery: Because everyone runs to the building to do that window loop
    • Badham: Because everyone runs to the school to loop it
    • Whatever Oni's Map because their are no lockers anywhere freaking useful on the map for huntress, you literally have to break chase and run to the corner of the map. If you get lucky basement spawns in the center and you can at least drop down to their to get hatchets.

Now to be fair to the survivors, those are just very very very very very very very very very very safe loops, they are not doing anything wrong by running those loops, but that doesn't mean I enjoy that they do it every single time.

As Survivor

• Grim Pantry: I don't like the blend tactics and this is pretty unsafe, or requires me to run to the building.
    • Game Map: Pallets are all around the basement and it always just like I can't do anything to avoid the killer on this map. Windows of Opportunity would be interesting here to be honest.
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

Survivor: The Game. I've been playing since before Clown and I still can't figure the place out. Same goes for Léry's.

Killer: Sanctum of Wrath. I actually don't mind Family Residence, even though it is way too big. But Sanctum... is pure hell. It's not even that I do poorly there, since I do about average there as I do anywhere else. I just hate how a Survivor just needs to crouch and they're hidden (trust me, I play dark brown coat Adam and have Claudette at 50. They vanish there.)

Both: Hawkins Underground Complex. This map should have been more thought over. It's a worse maze than Léry's and The Game, has so many areas that practically negate half of the Killers' powers, every room looks the same to me, and the generators are a pain to get to on both sides.

Bonus: Aesthetically, Temple of Purgation should have been a desert map, not whatever this Babylonian forest is (Babylon didn't even extend into that region).

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

They combined it with the huntress map just like they did with clown's

• kawaiikannibal
    kawaiikannibal Member Posts: 74

As killer and survivor, I hate Hawkins!! And other similar maps- I just get soooo lost! I'm a decent player, but when I go there, I'm like.. I'm a noob!!

As killer, I hate the corn field maps. Again, decent player, but the corn throws me off so much! I also get frustrated with Yamaoka's estate because I'm colourblind and literally can't see anything. I feel bad on that map because I end up tunneling on accident because I just can't see, I just listen and look for scratch marks... :(

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

I don't like Haddonfield because it's almost entirely build of safe structures and safe loops as well as all of the new Badham maps for same reason and it's filled with crapload of props and fan favourite structures like house of pain school building and house with a safe loop upstairs.

And pretty much every empty and giant map. Temple of purigation and few farm maps that are just giant dump of creativity. They should honestly get a fricking metro lines because they ARE SO ######### HUGE!!!.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,934

Ormond. It's extremely bright, sounds are even more muffled in my opinion and as Killer, Scratch Marks are barely visible. Also, it has many Air Hitboxes when jumping down from something, instead of falling normally, you kind of hit your head on a invisible wall.

• Fengmin200
    Fengmin200 Member Posts: 64

All big maps

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

Any map where it takes me a great deal of time just to cross the map to check a gen.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I hate all the indoor maps. Claudettes are invisible on the Game and everyone else gets screwed. Most survivors have no idea how to find gens and killers have a huge advantage with all the time wasted. It boggles the mind when I go down on any indoor map and my teammates are Urban Evading on a completely different floor. Holy crap. And I just don't like the look of them.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

As a Killer: The Asylum, Yamaoka Estate, and the Swamp

As a survivor: Hawkins.

• BoyItsYourDad
    BoyItsYourDad Member Posts: 1

As killer I despise all corn maps, Temple of Purgation, Haddonfield, and Crotus Prenn Asylum.

As survivor I really hate Hawkins, I dunno it's boring to me and I can't find decent loops a lot of the time. It looks pretty though. 🤔

• FishTacoDeluxe
    FishTacoDeluxe Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2020

Most of the new maps are either incredibly killer sided or survivor sided. There is no in between. The OG maps are typically the best.

• Kavor
    Kavor Member Posts: 6

As killer, all corn maps and the asylum, probably the worst building in the game.

As survivor, none.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Yamaoka wouldn’t be half as bad if it was as bright as it was on the Spirit’s PTB. The skyline was a bright orange and you could still clearly see. I get stuck on random rocks as both survivor and killer that I can’t see. It’s especially bad on PS4 because you can’t change graphic settings. I hoping they change the new map to not be as dark as it was on the PTB. It would be as bad as Yamaoka if it was kept the same.

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529

The swamp maps, they just suck...

• Dythos
    Dythos Member Posts: 46

Sanctum of Wrath. That map gives me serious eye strain no matter which side I'm playing.

• hanscardoso
    hanscardoso Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2020

As a survivor I don't like small maps, and as killer I don't like big maps.

On both sides, i think hawkins is terrible.

Haddonfield is a known issue.

I think that Shelter Woods is a desert, you drop 3 pallets and the map is done.

The maps that favors 3 gen (Azarov's Resting Place, Suffocation Pit, ...) should be reworked as well.

In my opinion, The Game is a good map, can be improved, but I enjoy it.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

I hate swamp both as killer and survivor, but its not balance wise

I hate Lery's (walk randomly and hope there's something) and HadNoFunField (pretty easy and has a giant rng to it) as survivor

I hate disturbed ward as killer (giant and ez literal infinite)

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited February 2020

As survivor I guess my most disliked map would be The Game, just because its annoying to navigate in general. But on the other hand it has some absurdly safe pallets. I Also don't like Shelter Woods very much, because of how unreliable it can be. You can get ridiculously strong tiles back to back, but also huge dead zones with no pallets.

As killer there are so many maps that I have issue with, but I guess my top 2 right now are Blood Lodge and Mount Ormond Resort. Blood Lodge is just too big, too safe and too open. Its just a waste of time for most killer unless the survivors play like complete idiots. Ormond is also big and safe with way too many strong pallets all over the place and the visibility is horrible. Scratch marks can be hard to see, and anything distant is drowned into the whiteness. Also it breaks every time there is any kind of engine or graphic update.

• CEO_Of_Jane
    CEO_Of_Jane Member Posts: 72

survivor

• the game
    • Blackwater

killer

• The game
    • crotus prenn

tbh - I love Haddonfield and badham as survivor loops are pretty good, pallets are pretty close to each other and lots of different gens/places to hide.. I also don’t hate playing those maps as killer, for stealthy killers (my main is pig) it’s easy to move around because of stuff to duck behind

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

COLD WIND FARM ALL

• FishTacoDeluxe

The game is incredibly consistent with pallet spawns and every loop or jungle gym on the Game is a standard tile of OG maps. Literally just adapt. Game is so survivor sided. Only time it's not survivor sided is when a stealth killer is lurking around.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

Only map I dislike as both survivor and killer would be The Gideon Meat Plant. As survivor I feel like the only defense is pallets, and if you are not close to one you are screwed, or they get used up by someone you are screwed.

As Killer, I feel like I'm just stuck trying to catch survivors in loops until the pallets are broken...and then I'm just walking forward and smacking them over and over again with no real thought behind how I play.

A close one would be the new Sanctum Map. The Yamoaka or however you spell it map. As survivors I have a hard time figuring out where is safe, and as Killer I usually just walk at survivors for a hit similar to Gideon Meat Plant, but it isn't quite as bad. I also hear it's dark often, but that doesn't really effect me as killer or survivor. I've gotten a lot of free hits because people think I can't see them though, which keeps it from being added to the same level as Gideon.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    edited February 2020

Why are you being so aggressive? Where did I complain "OMG THE GAME IS SO KILLER SIDED DEVS PLEASE FIX!" I literally just stated I didn't like a map. Relax. Besides, that comment about pallets was more for Lery's.

• FishTacoDeluxe

Idk. Why did you take it so seriously? I just speak in a very matter of fact way. Have a good day.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

So all maps? Sanctum of wrath is actually really good for killer because of how small it is. Sure people can hide, but you just have to learn the tell tale signs of a crouching survivor

• killerpunch
    killerpunch Member Posts: 6

As killer I hate haddonfield

As survivor I love haddonfield with my object of obsession on I can just imagine killers yelling at the TV :)

• DanteMorello
    DanteMorello Member Posts: 142
  • siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

As killer I hate indoor maps and iron works always scares me lol. Getting from a to b on indoor maps though is a massive pain.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

Insert maps that lean towards one side's victory too much

• hanscardoso
    hanscardoso Member Posts: 83

I do not understand the disgust for The Game, it is a map on which I locate things easily, it has 4 god pallets. I hope they don't rework this map anytime soon, there are many other bad maps that need attention.

• stylisticx
    stylisticx Member Posts: 44

The swamp!

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

As a killer I hate anything dealing with Yamaoka residence and sanctum. All the tall grass and small statue loop bullshit I can't stand in the least. The farm stages can get tiresome with the cornfields and little juking prices.

As survivor I find the swamp maps and The Game annoying and a bit too nerve wracking for some reason.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It's fairly large. Sanctum is way too dark and has too many super safe loops and too many super unsafe loops.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

The Game, Hawkins, Lerys and Shelter Woods. Just really small and confined feeling.

• Nysos
    Nysos Member Posts: 19

Disturb ward

Haddon ln

In that Effing order. Hate these maps so much no matter ehat side i play

• SassySolidSnake
    SassySolidSnake Member Posts: 65

Killer: Grimm Pantry and Crotus Prenn (people cling to the main buildings), Temple of Purgation (too big), Both Yamaoka maps (too dark).

Survivor: Red Forrest and Pale Rose (too big)

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

Haddintfun and Ormand

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286

Yeah what to say thats a one bad attitude bro one thing is using devs laziness stupideness and bad decision making to you advantage and one just say yes its bad even for the oposite side lets not do this.. Im really bad as survivor play ing him.only for challenges but ev rf n that im not exploiting loops etc why ? Because i know how frustrated it is on another side

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Wait....why is this pinned??!! XD

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

As killer, Ward, Haddonfield, or Rotten Fields.

As survivor... Shelter Woods, and only because I run Balanced Landing. But my "hate" for that map even is pretty low, it's more like "crap I can't use my perk", where with killer maps I hate it's like "this game is going to SUCK".

How to fix?

Ward, make the map smaller and nerf the loops in the main building. Particularly the window loops and remove that damn double pallet by the front door. Breakable walls should help this map too, but the size still needs to be cut down.

Rotten Fields, make the map smaller. That's pretty much it. Remove like 50% of the corn and shrink the map. Also add the new jungle gym tiles that appear on other maps like Ormond or Yamaoka (do this for all Coldwind, Autohaven, and Macmil maps too).

Haddonfield, just make the fences not so long and fix some loops. Remove the windows to the balconies in the main building and just make them doorways. Also remove like 2 tiles from the map to make it smaller.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

as killer i hate red forest.

as survivor i hate gideon meat packing plant and hawkins.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited February 2020

I don’t like any of the indoor maps. Feels too much like a game of Pac-Man except all of the survivors are blue ghosts and Pac Man is the bad guy.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

All indoor maps,even as killer. I just can't endure how boring they are

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

As both, Ormond.

As killer, yamaoka (I can't see a survivor croutching besides me) and rotten fields.

As survivor, none, but if i have to choose, Hawkins or Lery's.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

As a killer I'd say all Farm maps, ironworks of misery, coal tower, all Red Forest maps, Haddonfield, Badham Preschool, and Ormond.

As a Survivor pretty much just The Game. Love the visuals but the two stories ######### me up so hard lol.

As both just Hawkins.

• xlexiee
    xlexiee Member Posts: 12

Killer- Haddonfield and any other big map

Survivor- yamaoka and autohaven

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Killer: Corn maps, Haddonfield. I can’t see through the corn and Haddonfield is just the woOoORst. I also have to say the Yamaoka maps are incredibly dark, and when you combine it with the numerous tall bamboo bushes and large size of the maps in general it definitely feels like the survivors have it in the bag - especially Blendettes.

Survivor: Haddonfield. The quartered off fences of China feel very tight and claustrophobic when I play both sides. Aesthetically I like the Yamaoka maps, but like I said, too dark and there’s a lot of things that you easily get caught on.