I hope this is the last chapter for a while.

I really hope this is the last chapter they do for a while now. They really need to focus on improving everything on this game. I get they need some way of continuing to make money, but the reality is the game is dieing sadly...on xbox it is anyways. The dedicated servers were a massive fail and have already been taken down despite them taking 2 months since PS4 & Nintendo Switch got them.

There is far too many issues for them to continue to focus on making more content. Let the game breathe for a while, get the balancing correct on each map with reworks etc...fix all these horrible lobby errors...i'm interested to see the new matchmaking they have planned too. Make being rank 1 actually worth something because once i'm at rank 1 i just play for Bloodpoints and I get no reward come the 13th every month except jumping back to rank 11 and then it's just a wothless grind to rank 1 with getting a mixture of noobs and sweaty players depending on the situation.

They have an amazing game 'idea' here, i think it's being poorly executed, am i the only one who finds doing gens so skill-less and disatisfying? I would love a new objective or something just to spice the game up a bit, maybe take a page out of Friday the 13th's book and make other ways to escape. Don't have to over complicate it but there's better ways to make the game fun rather than doing generators.

I also think that there could be another possible objective for the killer. So they dont have to heavily rely on getting kills to satisfy the entity. I'm not great with coming up with ideas like that but i'm sure someone could have a good input.

I'm also tired of feeling like I have to force myself to run 'meta' perks like DS, BT & Whatnot because I like to play around with different perk builds, totem cleansing etc...but it's hard when you have to rely on your random tms to make a smart play to unhook you or a killer not going to tunnel you.

Comments

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613

I think i might have played against you before on Xbox haha. Just goes to show how shallow the playerbase is on there. I think as soon as this new killer/survivor is dropped they need to focus on maybe cross-play with consoles to expand the playerbase. This game is lobby simulator sadly it never used to be. But i'm happy to re-queue to find a half decent ping game than play on those horrible dedicated servers again, that was unplayable.

• ItzPixelYT

I just don't get how they think it's effective or efficient to waste players time with broken lobbies, surely they should know their playerbase is dieing because of slow queue times and terrible balancing. The errors are what get me though, I shouldn't have to restart my game because my friend can't ready up or vice-versa. Heck if they're making us wait in lobbies they should pimp them out abit so we can have something cool to look at while we wait. We see a campfire...woo. Why not a fullblown survivor camp, tents, have all your charms you've unlocked on show, make it more customizable and fun for people.

• ItzPixelYT

That would be really sad to see this game die because as frustrating as it is its the only game I enjoy playing vs all the typical battle royale games we keep getting. We will see if they're still passionate about this game, the fact that it is one of the most watched games on twitch and that it's so poorly developed is laughable and embarrassing for them.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

As long as you are willing to wait 30 min for a game that is your own fault. I would have abandoned it a long time. I dont wait 30 for any game. No game. If you have to wait 30 min for a game the game is DEAD

• FishTacoDeluxe
    FishTacoDeluxe Member Posts: 54

If my MM exp as a red rank survivor is indicative of anything killers are dropping like flies on PC as well.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Just to be blunt, consoles come out with a new generation every 3 or 4 years. When you buy the next generation console your current one will likely stop being supported.

If Behavior wants to keep you guys on board before the next Switch or PS5 or whatever comes out, they need crossplay.

• ItzPixelYT

Because the only incentive to play killer now is Bp's I think if you get found by the killer on the game it should be incredibly difficult to escape unscathed. I think it's very unbalanced in some aspect for killers. Killers have to run Devour Hope or builds like that but even by the time you get a hook 2 gens are done. It takes too long to get someone in a chase, it is fun on the survivors end though running the killer round like a scooby doo cartoon.. Imo every killer needs anti looping abilities and gain bloodlust much quicker. Survivors are too fast at finding pallets and window loops and abusing them for the rest to do gens. Sadly this is hard to balance so let's hope they figure a new system out.

• ItzPixelYT

I have the game on PC as well. If I could cross save I would play on PC because Xbox is so painful. The fact they have the game on Game pass and it has such a low player base is a joke. But only got themselves to blame for not delivering what the game needs.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    edited February 2020

Would like to ask Xbox players if DBD ever came with the consoles "free monthly games". It did in PS4 by sep/2018 and then the player base got how it is now.

About the OP, well, bringing new content is a thing to keep this game going without getting out of new things, wich can attract new players and keep old ones.

Buuuuuuut... i do feel they need to slow down the frequency of new DLC down to 2 by year, for a time, and use this "free time" to work more on bugs. Buuuuuut (again), balancing and bug correction teams are different from new DLC teams, i think. So, maybe stopping for a while in bringing DLCs will make no diference, since the DLCs team will keep doing DLC. Imo.

• FishTacoDeluxe
    FishTacoDeluxe Member Posts: 54

Remember that ideal performance is 2ks for most killers according to devs. On the end it seems pretty balanced. If you disagree with that, it's an entirely different conversation though.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

No not really happening.

It's different teams working on different things.

The game can progress with the design team working on new chapters while another team does balancing etc etc.

• ItzPixelYT

We have the game on gamepass which pretty much everyone has on xbox.

As for new content reworking maps and balancing would pull alot of people back to the game who have played it previously.

Getting new people to a game that's 4 years old and full of bugs, new content or not unless its a big license like stranger things no one is going to be interested really.

Streamers as such are big influences on people playing and buying games. If viewers see a streamer having a bad time because of errors and all kinds of issues then they're going to be losing out on new players that way aswell.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

They don't need cross play just cross progression, Rockstar did this with GTAV when the Xbox one and PS4 came out, they also gave an option to switch to PC from the 360 and PS3 back when these consoles were on their last stages of life. BHVR could do the same but it all depends on if their willing to drop cash to support it.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

I can't speak for console, but on PC the game is not dieing, but instead is at an all time peak of average daily players (aka being the most successful since its release). And that trend keeps going upwards. So Behaviour's business model of luring new players in with new content, and removing "frustrating" elements and then milking them dry works better than trying to hold on the veteran playerbase by improving the current state of the game.

And every veteran player who just complains on the forums while still buying stuff in the store, and keep playing the game, actually further enforces this model.

• ItzPixelYT

But the game is in desperate need of reworks on maps. They did a great job with Learys. Not sure how they work but they should be drawing man power from the dlc team to get these reworks out faster.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

If only it worked like that.

Take it this way, it's like asking an artist to take up programming.

Does this make sense?

• ItzPixelYT

The console playerbase (on xbox anyways) is terrible. We can't play Demogorgon without ridiculous frame drops. Sloppy butcher freezes the game and exhaustion perks like SB. It's like playing a beta its that bad on xbox. I play on the one x aswell.

I played on PC last week on the PTB it was so smooth and nice to play. Sadly I can't swamp to PC because of the progress.

I'm not a veteran player either I enjoy playing this game and will continue to do so regardless I just hope theyre going to have their priorities sorted.

• ItzPixelYT

Not really. The Dlc team will have map designers, concept artists aswell as programmers and 3D animators which would all be able to help on reworks.

This runs on the unreal engine. Probably the best and easiest engine for games to run on, I've got experience with it and it's really not hard to create maps and stuff with that engine.

• ItzPixelYT

Exactly they're making enough from Stranger things skins as it is.

Can't think of many useless perks atm being 3am for me but perks like Technician, Babysitter, Second Wind, Fixiated..they all need worked on.

Sadly it looks like they haven't got their priorities straight and focusing on making new DLC while the game is full of errors is shooting themselves in the foot.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

People love this argument, and I understand they’re different people BUT the budget is all one source. It may be time to consider losing a couple cosmetic people and hiring more tech/programmer

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I'd just like it if they put all their effort into existing perks and killers. There are so many perks that barely anyone uses because they are drastically out shined by the few meta ones, especially on the survivor side. A huge perk patch would be amazing for the game.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Get use to dedicated servers, when they come back there is no telling when they'll turn them off again. I play on PC as well and I joined when they were testing out the servers. There will be a day where they turn them on permanently and make adjustments to them with every update.

Honestly that's why I stopped playing in general. When they nerfed Nurse that was a sign to me that the game was going to go downhill. I switched back to playing survivor and I ended just not playing because survivor doesn't require any skill and I wanted to prevent myself from burning out playing killer. I haven't played since the Ruin changes and the fact that they are releasing new content simply tells me that BHVR doesn't give a ######### about the games health or balance.

The other day I was in a party with my Xbox friends. They said that wait times are increasing for survivors, I hate to say this and it's just as I predicted, if the killer community dies, the survivor community will be all thats left to keep the game alive

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Nope. They want a chapter every three months. Now go buy more cosmetics.

• Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140

Yeah because you know. Paying your developers and maintaining servers and paying for licenced on killers is free. Maybe it is cash grabbing but it all so that they can keep the game alive to be able to fix it. No money means no servers. And no servers means no game.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

I’m pretty sure they have separate teams for everything. Teams for art cosmetics, new killers, bug fixes, and etc. Not releasing chapters won’t make them fix the game faster since they would still have the same amount of people working on fixing the game.

• Kongtwenty12

While we all wish that was possible, it's not realistic. The devs need money to keep the game running and the new chapters is a huge way that they do that. Cosmetics help but it's not enough. And of they keep the trend of mid chapter reworks then the game will gradually get better. Plus all the changes along with the new chapter is a huge step in the right direction.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

This may hold true for cosmetics but not for chapters. Each addition of chapters or paragraphs comes with a huge amount of bugs.

• johnmwarner

How is the game gradually getting better, each killer and even the mid chapter patches are bringing in new bugs

• johnmwarner

Yes, did you? None of the most problematic bugs have been fixed. I still encountered silent slugged survivors, had a survivor “stuck,” on my shoulder so I couldn’t do anything meanwhile he was running around doing gens still. This doesn’t even address latency, hit box, whatever you wanna call that issue.

• Kongtwenty12

Didn't realize bugs were the only thing that mattered when deciding if games were good. Guess Skyrim and fallout are terrible games. Bugs can be fixed the main priority right now should be balance

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

I played Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Vegas all on PS3. Game would crash every half hour and I managed do every single piece of content, and beat the game multiple times. Fallout Vegas is still my favorite game. Remaster never. ;_;

Yeah, people think focusing on bug fixing is some magical tincture that will fix everything but the fact is they're always bug fixing anyways. I can assume it's working retail department store levels of demotivating and boring. And something so abstract as matchmaking people to your "skill level" is just simply not going to happen.

New content drip feeding into a game is how you retain interest. Why do you want to sabotage this? I play a game that stopped getting content updates and every day is the same. When are we getting something new? Silence. No I don't want them to not having something every 3 months.

• johnmwarner

you think balance is getting better... as a survivor games have never been more boring, played two solo games this morning both times team was rank 1-5 and killer was 3 once and 6 the other. Four escapes both times and against the 6 he managed two hooks the entire game.

• Kongtwenty12

It's almost like there's a problem with gens that is being addressed with the next chapter. I thought you said you played the ptb

• Kongtwenty12

I'm confused. Do you agree with me or not? I am arguing that bugs aren't the biggest problem. I said earlier that I think they should continue with new chapters because that's how they get the funds to keep the game running. You picked a comment that was a response to another persons comment where he claimed the game wasn't getting better because a lot of bugs aren't fixed. I personally love Skyrim. I was using them as examples of really buggy games that are super fun and good.

• johnmwarner
  • Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

I was agreeing on the buggy games can be enjoyable part, but balance hinges on the game functioning well. And usually the first half of my comment focuses on whoever I quote, then goes back to the main conversational point. It's not all directed at you per se.

Yeah, you can accept it has bugs and still enjoy it, but my point was it's not being outright ignored because there's a background process there. If they drop everything, their business model collapses because balancing act is its own balancing act. They patch what they can, but new content has to be there too. And balance balance has to be weighted first. If a perk is too heavy they put it on a diet. Know what I mean?

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I already posted something like that after/during the Ghostface PTB which broke a lot of things like the WakeUp bug allowing to speed up everything like vaulting, cleansing repairing by 10% for the whole game. I got a notification that my post got read by BHVR. I don't think they will ever stop creating content for the sake of bugfixing/balancing. They will stop creating content when the game is dead

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

its gonna be the last chapter for 3 months, then the next one releases.

• Kongtwenty12

Yes I very much agree. I think the way there are currently doing it where we are seeing lots of balance changes along with new content/reworks is probably the best way for them to do it. I hope they continue to rework maps as well. I would love to see coldwind or red woods reworked next.

• johnmwarner

I would too but I have a feeling the breakable walls may be a way to quickly bandaid the maps

• TDZ_Luke
    TDZ_Luke Member Posts: 79

If they had a bigger team then they could work on new content and bug fixes and other faults in the game at the same time and more efficiently, personally I love new content added to the game, and like other games it’s what keeps them alive and refreshing to play instead of playing the same thing all the time, but errors in the games design can’t be saved by new content and players will start to leave if it gets worse or continues.

• DamienDuff
    DamienDuff Member Posts: 88

once they make window vaults a bit safer and less bull s h i t like, and figure out how to adress insane gen rush and stop changing the game every other patch.. I think DBD would be better

• Codela
    Codela Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2020

Do you know how many employees hat BHVR Interactive actually work on DbD? According to their own page, BHVR employs over 600 people of staff with Dead by Daylight being "[their] most successful IP". Currently, they're advertising 40 jobs of which 8 are purely dedicated to Dead by Daylight and the other 32 being probably predominantly connected to DbD on a meta-level (Data Analysis, Artists, Developers etc.). This shows that Dead by Daylight plays a very important role for BHVR. So, I don't really think that personnel is the big issue here, is it?

I've been playing DbD since the very beginning almost and overall, what these guys have accomplished is nothing but a huge success. If you take a look at DbD's development on steamcharts since it released in June 2016, its average playerbase has more than doubled to which the consistent updates might have contributed greatly. I have yet to cross-check it, but DbD's player fluctuactions probably go hand in hand with its releases of new updates.

I won't deny that there still are some huge bugs which directly impact the gameplay. But overall, I feel that they're doing a good job on fixing stuff, indicated by those longs lists of bugfixes in the patch notes. However, that said, I would still partially agree on what you said. They're releasing major updates every 3 months currently, aren't they? And, their roadmaps are p.a.c.k.e.d with goals they want to achieve. So, maybe reduce the amount of major updates from a 3 to a 4 months interval and using that time to focus on considerable bugs such as sound bugs, getting stuck on weird places, weird hit boxes and a smoother networking so you won't get 'dedicated-serverd' every now and then? The main question is whether this idea is sustainable amongst other economical objectives such as profit, productivity and growth.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    edited February 2020

Well unless your willing to give them all a paycheck, then them not releasing a killer for awhile is never gonna happen lol

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539

The base game is supposed to support the normal day to day support.

DLCs cost money because extra development hours are needed.

Don't you think that if a game is relying on DLC money to support day to day operations that there is trouble looking for the overall game health?

We don't know if that's the case for BHVR. But my suggestion is that money coming in for the base game should be able to fund changes for the balance changes needed that have pushed people like myself away from the game.