Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The people on the forums

I would like to say this is a generalization, or as I usually say it, stereotype, of what I have seen on the forums. If you aren't like how I described your clique, keep in mind that this is what I have seen and doesn't necessarily apply to you directly.

Onto to the actual post.

Survivor mains on these forums act more annoyed than anything else (Myself included.) They seem to lash out Everytime something they find fair, usually on the survivor side gets called for a Nerf. They do seem more relaxed than the killers though. Mostly caring about the fun of themselves, but usually including something unfun for either their fellow survivors or killers. Usually rely on "crutch" perks more often than killer (I do understand that.) Survivors can and will support killer ideas when they think it is good for the game's health, and often (at first) calmingly talk about something that contradicts their beliefs.

Killers are sadistic. They don't care how much fun the person or people they play against have. They really are more objective-driven than survivors. Once attached to something, they heavily rely on whatever thing it was. They don't like that certain thing to be changed though. They are more likely to call for needs and state controversial topics, maybe in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Have a wobbly relationship with the developers at BHVR. But far into the online persona they have set for themselves they care about each other and are open to constructive criticism on new ideas.

Hybrids are odd. Having a personality that neither here nor there. Most are chill. Many talk constructively, but are more open to argue than anyone else as I believe they are the most educated people in the forums. They are extremely rare too, so listen when you find one.

Developers, Community Managers, and Moderators. This'll mostly talk about their actions outside of the forums rather than what they say in it. This small group of people believe that what they think is right is right, without giving the opportunity for the community to say much or anything at all. If course they care about us, but they see us as customers, just the group of people that decide to play their game. But maybe it would be great to see a PTB about something a player came up with rather than themselves.

That is all. Remember to boop every Pig's snoot you see

Comments

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

This is honestly not too far off in my opinion. I'd say a bit too harsh towards the killers though. I think alot of the shall we say hostility from the killer side comes from the feeling they have that the devs ignore them. I get why they are frustrated. But if the devs listen to even a third of the ideas I see from killers. Survivor would be absolutely miserable to play. Honestly I wish both sides would just have calm civil discussions.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

TL;DR

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

As a hybrid I caution against listening to me all the time. I may be memeing.

The way I see it though, if you play only survivor or only killer, you're only playing half the game, and playing one role makes you better at the other.

I do try to legit help where I can though. My heart's in the right place. *click click click throws hatchet*

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

I agree that people who are killer sided tend to be very emotional in their reactions/posts.

They expect to get spoon fed 3-4 kills every game without effort or the “game is too unbalanced towards survivors”. If you suck at the game then yes, you’re going to struggle getting kills. I think that’s where the difference in mindset lies:

Playing survivor is easier than killer, so obviously survivor players don’t get as impacted by killer buffs/survivor nerfs. The games are more chill, and you can even play with friends to have a good time.

When you play killer, you’re alone and have a “me against the world” mentality. You have to manage 4 survivors at once and sweat your balls off if it’s a good team. It CAN be done, but again it takes more skill than playing survivor. Any little killer nerf makes killer mains implode and whine. Good players are typically not impacted, but it seems like the majority of killer mains are not actually amazing at the game (talking zubat-level skill).

I play both and do well at both and so far no recent killer “nerfs” (Spirit, etc.) have ruined my killer experience. Survivors have actually received tons of nerfs (medkits, MoM, now toolboxes) but they’ll continue to perform well if they’re decent.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I would say most of this is kind of accurate. I am a hybrid myself, but I doubt anyone would put me into it based off of your definition, but thats fine lol

I do think you have the Devs wrong though, they do listen and they do change stuff. It may not be as fast as we want it, but they do listen and they have our (and their game's) best interest at heart.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

No tl;dr, read his post

Basically, Survivors tend to get mad, killers dont tend to care about the opinion of survivors color me surprised, Hybrids do constructive discussions, and devs, community managers and moderators dont care about their community

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

I expected less than positive responses. But for the most part, everybody has not scolded me for what I said. Thank you.

• Alphaphalt
    Alphaphalt Member Posts: 259

On the forums specifically, I find that the survivor mains are usually very new and uneducated leading to them posting questionable threads, the killer mains are self-absorbed and feel required to inject their one-sided opinion into everything, and the hybrids are usually detached and don't really care as much.

Hellsite.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

You're welcome now let me lick your eyeball.

Nah. If you look past the drama, a lot of people are pretty chill in and around spidermurdergame. A lot of people have agendas, so they'll be as dramatic as possible. I just want to meme.

• FishTacoDeluxe
    FishTacoDeluxe Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2020

Hybrid but new to the forums. Since I started as killer main I can say people need to realize how stressful killers games can be until you just get over it and realize the devs dont want you 4king consisently. So I dont doubt that killers can get caught up in their emotions and start demanding irrational things. Survivors though. Ninety percent of you guys will always be entitled unsympathetic little snots. That being said it only takes one weak link to ruin a survivor game, but four strong survivors will bend you over and take turns screwing you. This obviously makes game balance impossible to ever get perfect and people need to realize this.

• Vidal_Signz
    Vidal_Signz Member Posts: 14

Nailed it.

I'm a bit of a hybrid but lean more towards Survivor. Hybrids like myself have the most balanced approach to the game I think because we have the most perspective. When I play I always try to play fair and keep things fun for the person(s) I am playing against... But as like they say, "you can't please everyone, all the time." Some ppl are going to find something to cry about no matter what.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I feel like the generalization to killers are a bit unfair. I don't think they are sadistic, more over that they are frustrated.

I'm a Hybrid myself, Yui & Spirit main respectively (although I enjoy playing Survivor more atm with the challenges). And I see problems in both sides, although those problems tend to not be what the majority of the Killer/Survivor mains are complaining about.

I also believe in BHVR that they want to give us the best experience possible, and I wouldn't go as far as calling them corporate shills like some people I know do. They're a business, they need to stay in business to keep making content and bug fixes that everyone wants. It just so happens the game is just a spaghetti coded mess.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

This is pretty accurate, I don't know what you consider a "hybrid", I play way more Killer then survivor, but I still sink about 30mins- 1hr into survivor a day and about 2-3 in killer. Been with this game since launch, seen it grow, probably my favorite game ever, less because of the game itself and more because of how I've grown to love this community and all the knowledgeable people in it, even when I'm not playing dbd, im either on the forums in between matches, or watching a streamer play.

• Nysos
    Nysos Member Posts: 19

Well i agree with alot of what was said, except the killers being sadistic...and most survivors are chilled. I will say I'm a fairly new player about 6 mnths or less. And i do play killer more often, so i do feel comfortable in saying your perks are your balance for the "against the world" mentality. There are 4 survivors that you must down and hook 3 times. Thats 4 plays styles if not SWF, that you must account for and balance the whole game. Who's good at looping, why can't i find the blendette etc lol. Not being in a party there is still valuable information shared like when a survivor is down all others can see the killers location given the downed players aura and if the killer isn't running blind seal. And yes i know there are exceptions like, this perk i just mentioned. But blind seal was nerfed because 80% of top rank matches used it. Or whose is injured on the team ,now you know the killer is in a chase and are free to do a gen. Now top this with SWF and well we all know that old argument. But not to digress the point I'm trying make is most killers get "salty" about buffs because of the balance or impactof certain perks to builds. Hex ruin, maybe this won't be a 3 min game, maybe the survivor does more then just gens. Helps on large maps too not every killer is a speedy one or can traverse large distances gives a chance cover distance or leadway for a longer chase. Now ive played survivor and i do enjoy it dropping pallets for stuns or getting flashlights saves are hella fun. But i never felt like I'm against the impossible, and even wrost there are some killers I'm like oh ok this will be fun. Maybe its in my head but i always felt the survivors should have a constant scare factor, like we all need to do this together to survive or at least i think thats what the thought was when making the game. And yet YouTube is full if SWF making killers rage quit or give up. Wow way longer then excepted super sorry...

TLDR : killers gets bother by buffs/nerfes because the perks help balance the 1v4 of the game play

• Gh0stDude
    Gh0stDude Member Posts: 49

Bro imagine if you stop to hear a quarter of the survivors ideas,I am a hybrid and already hear a lot of stupid ideas from killers,but nothing overcomes the group of survivors asking for 5 perks slots or for each exhaustion perk have it one timer.

• DelsKibara

Exhaustion perks used to have separate timers.

It was a dreadful experience as Killer.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

I play both sides, and enjoy it. I get frustrated at times, especially when playing killer ( pig and trapper main ), but I just shake it off and move on. It's just a game, and effects you in real life non whatsoever, so have fun with it..

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Eh, its a bit both. I understand that some survivor perks and items are pretty harsh to recieve. Especially since there is 4 of them. But if we look theoretically, most survivor perks are actually relatively balanced, you cant nerf them as they instantly become too weak and its near impossible to alter them slightly without having to do an overhaul of all perks in the first place. There are also killer perks that are in this zone. Let alone the fact that killers technically have a 5th perkslot if they use a mori. While none of the survivors have any offerings that compare. Even if you 4-stack Vigo's Salty Lips. It doesnt apply to items found and you still only reach a 20%(base 4+16) unhook rate. You'd have to have a 4 stack of up the ante to gain another 12%, having a total of 32%. But then you have a perk slot AND an offering, while you also simply have 1 single perk that grants 100% unhook rate overall. If the Salty Lips would stack up to 50-75%, then you have a competitor for Mori for a theoretical 5th perk slot.

So its a bit understandable that when there are toxic killers that spam mori's will breed toxicity in survivors, that will end up lashing out to killers, that end up recieving a total of 4 toxic players. Meaning that 1 toxic killer almost garantuees the spreading of toxicity to other killers, which multiplies the effect. And survivors end up remaining less toxic overall, because they are playing with friends so they end up maybe being toxic to 1-2 killers and calm down, while solo playing killers end up having to deal with their own toxicity and only truly calming down by having lashed out to other players which can last 5 games, thus 20 potential survivors that get a bit toxic because of that, which will end up making 5-10 killers a bit toxic.

Personally, I believe that pink mori, slugging and facecamping, on killer side, needs a bit of alteration. Like, if a player is slugged to the ground for prolonged time, they should gain points from that in either the Evader or Survival catagories. And if a player is facecamped, they should get points in the same catagory as being slugged. That way, a survivor wont necessarily depip from toxic killer playstyles. And the same would apply to killers being spam-blinded and perhaps even recieving points for each t-bag at the end of the game(I mean, why not). Those things are pretty much the largest non-perk issues that are exploited for toxic behaviour.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Honestly I kinda agree. Even tho I'm a hybrid k often call myself a "killer main" just because I am 1 rank ahead as killer compares to survivor. I agree, killer mains are a bit more aggressive and survivors a bit more chill. But people who know both sides equally are really educated and know when something is unbalanced or not.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited February 2020

I've never met a single person on this forum who mindlessly agrees with everything the devs say, so probably the reason they were left out of the OP is because they are either incredibly rare or don't exist.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

True, everyone disagrees with the devs about something that they did.

• DelsKibara
    edited February 2020

Is this a new thing now? Calling people who sometimes defend the devs "ass kissers"? I'm pretty sure someone called me a "Cult Apologist" the other day as well.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • ZtarShot
    edited February 2020

These aren't people who would have fit into the three main groups of players; killer, survivor, and hybrid. They'd be a subsection of something. But you are saying that people 100% agree with the devs decisions? Where do you find those? Why are you so harsh to them anyway? What's wrong with agreeing with balance changes?

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,985

Also a hybrid but on top of that, there were the killer mains saying they should get an extra slot for each person in a SWF group AND the survivors should lose a perk slot per person in SWF. Meaning they wanted to run like 7 perks against 4 players each running 1 perk XD

There's been some wild bs spouted by both sides in these forums

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

This! Everytime i say anything i get called a entitled survivor main even though i became a killer main recently

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

If you can find a way to dismiss an argument without having to think about it, that's much easier than taking the time to actually consider it seriously. I've been called a killer main in the past for saying "killers have as much right to a victory as survivors do" and other such outrageously biased remarks.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

From the descriptions given, I definitely lean more towards being a hybrid. I play both survivor and killer and couldn’t choose a side, as I genuinely love / hate both equally lol. I try to avoid arguments as best as I can, or at least be careful with words as I know how easily things can get misconstrued online. A lot of stuff I say is supposed to be taken with a humorous tone, but I know that doesn’t always translate. I’m objective in my views as I can emphasise with both sides of the playing field. Ultimately, I want my presence to be a positive thing on this forum and inside the game. 

I play under the username ‘Sunnydalist’ on PS4, so if we ever bump into each other, feel free to say hi. 

I’ll see you sexy mofo’s in the fog sometime.

• thrawn3054

I never said survivors didn't have some bad ideas too.

• doodledot
    doodledot Member Posts: 70

All of you guys pretending the devs will listen to you complain😂

• Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140

"Most survivors are chill" *looks at the pile of NOED and toolbox change complaints* the devs have gone on record to say 3 min matches was not intended. Survivors have like 6 second chance perks yet all they seem to do on this forum is complain about killers one. Don't get me wrong killers complain a lot too. The pile of ruin complaints still annoys me. My point is both sides need to chill. Do you realize how many posts recently are about how people are quiting due to factors that are actively getting changed with the next chapter? Too many. Too many.

• neekocheeko
    neekocheeko Member Posts: 88

The devs don't ignore killers though. There are plenty of buffs and nerfs on both sides and I hate that each side cherry picks constantly. Survivors have had a lot of things nerfed but I guess it doesn't matter because killer mains only focus on their negatives.

It's a ######### show on both sides, agreed.

• thrawn3054
  • oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

It's fairly rare but I've seen it sometimes, and a surprising amount of times it's people with the Trusted status that get accused of it too.

Probably the same few people that seem to have an issue with "hybrids" and just count them as a main of the "other side", because obviously someone who doesn't agree with them 100% is an enemy 🙃

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

This'll seem petty, but...

They seem to lash out Everytime something they find fair,

I'm assuming you mean UNfair?

• LegionMain343
    LegionMain343 Member Posts: 198

As a Legion main, I agree u3u

• Okoru
    Okoru Member Posts: 144

OP says killers are more sadistic and objective driven but maybe cause killers only have 1 objective?? Get kills. When you can barely do your only objective, Killer mains will most likely get pissy. Hybrid player btw.

• Allivath_Chaos
    Allivath_Chaos Member Posts: 41

I play both killer ad survivor (survivor more than killer) and I don't have a whole lot of complaints about either one.

Sometimes as killer I get 4ks, sometimes 2ks, sometimes 0ks.

Sometimes as survivor, I die and sometimes I don't

I mainly come on the forums to read in my downtime at work because, to me, it's funny to read when people get so salty over a video game. I'll give input sometimes but usually if I can be constructive about it.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Survivors are more two-faced than anything. They'll help you one minute then throw you under the bus the next. Though that's a reaction to the killer sadism.

And killers are insecure. They go into a match with ambiguity and if they don't see anyone else, they'll just go for who they already found. They also can't main a character as easy as a survivor can in the sense that all killers are different. Survivors can just swap abilities, but killers are fixed in what they can do.

And hybrid is honestly the superior way to play. You get perspective on how things work and what doesn't. Also not shoehorned into one playstyle. So that's probably why they're so pragmatic.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

The thing thats wrong with it is that the devs never learn and nothing changes for the better because they have a constant group of cheerleaders backing up their every move and defending every little thing to the death. They stop any real progress because they take the heat off the devs and just say everything is fine.

And where do I find those? Right here on the forum if you look. I have a few people in mind but I can't name them. I guess even trying to categorize those people is not allowed because I think my post is gone.

• ZtarShot

Man imagine relating, contributing, or even mentioning something from the discussion.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

I agree with allot of what you said, and as a hybrid I don't know nearly half as much as I should about this game

• Gh0stDude

I never said that you said that survivors never had bad ideas

• Gh0stDude

I think that it was a joke,I don't think that exist someone so dumb at this point.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

its easy to talk casually when you are in the position of power.