Exit gate spawns are ridiculous right now.

Options
TheTexasRattle
TheTexasRattle Member Posts: 30
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

I don’t care about “you failed your primary objective” what about getting a team full of potatoes and being the last one, everyone knows the killer has the advantage finding the hatch literally every game where I’m left alone the exit gates spawn within looking distance of each other. Why has this not been addressed correctly?

I think a solution would be more exit gate spawns in the beginning and depending on who is left at the end, that determines which exit gates you are required to open.

Post edited by TheTexasRattle on

Comments

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

Yeah I never look for the hatch since the EGC change. My last teammate is undoubtably camping it while I try to finish gens, so I know the killer knows where it is. Most of the time, I'm right, and it's closed as soon as the last teammate dies. I just wait near a gate and hope I get lucky. There's really nothing else you can do.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

I'm not sure why they even bother when there's one survivor left that they just don't auto kill them anyway - with exit gates spawning within eye shot of each other, it is pretty much just wasting two minutes. Even their map rework of Lery's has exit gates spawning on the same wall now.

• mmain
    mmain Member Posts: 430
    Options

The thing I've noticed is if there are 2 or more survivors still alive when the gates activate it's highly likely there will be a pretty decent amount of distance between them and the hatch will likely be a decent amount of distance from either. However, if there is only 1 survivor alive when the gates activate the chances are extremely high the gates are gonna be within a few meters of each other and the hatch is probably going to be within a few meters of one of the gates.

I've started carrying keys into a lot of my matches for just that reason. I don't even attempt to use them unless I run into that exact situation. If I'm the last survivor, the killer has closed the hatch and the doors have spawned so close together that there is no chance I'm going to be able to get one open you better believe I'm gonna use that key.

If the doors spawn far enough apart that I at least have a chance to get one open I will give it a shot and either escape through the door or get killed. It's only those times when the doors are way too close together that I use a key.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    Options

Im not a fan of the door locations with ECG. A person has to push for deductive reasoning on efforts applied to a match.

• If the team mates are doing poorly. The game will be spent playing at the hooks to get removed from the match first .
    • doing generators. Because even if the rest of the players aren't doing so well. It MIGHT mean an escape should the doors be far enough apart.
  • Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

This is what I do. Aside from the fact that I can NEVER locate the hatch when I need it, I just wait for the killer to close it and go for the gate. I've been surprisingly lucky with escaping more often than not.

• BubbaSawyerMeats
    BubbaSawyerMeats Member Posts: 108
    Options

i stand behind them, let the survivor get the gate open and shake my head sadly as they wave me in as if to ask me to come with them. "my place is here, little one".

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

The gates do not always spawn close to each other. And on Léry's, The Game and Hawkins, they even never are patrol-able.

To increase your chances of survival, there are several things you can do: Bring Wake Up to open exit gates faster. Bring Left Behind to find the hatch before the killer does. Bring a key to open the hatch.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247
    Options

those 3 maps are about the only maps where the exit gates spawn far enough apart that it gives survivors a chance to escape through them (if you're the only one left) and you don't get those maps very often.

• just_a_noob
    Options

maybe i am reading this wrong? but the exit gates spawn at the start of the match. the amount of survivors left at the end isn't going to effect where they are. from my experience, the gates spawn close in every map with the exception of a couple. eg the game, hawkins, lery's.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585
    Options

Its an easy escape, it shouldn't be like that.

Gates should spawn with some obstacles in the way, but not very far apart. It gives low mobility Killers a chance, while preventing high mobility Killers from abusing it.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

It really is stupid no matter how you look at it, especially if you are huntress

i play both sides and i know it is wildly unfair and is a reward for doing nothing.

• just_a_noob
    Options

i agree that they should spawn with some obstacles in the way or something but at the moment they are always ridiculously close to each other. this is something i think they need to look at.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

I just wish they'd buff Wake Up! to make more than like 2 seconds of difference. Like, it's a useless perk slot the entire game and there's a solid chance you won't even be able to make use of it in the first place (gates never get powered, or you die before the gates are powered, or someone else opens the gate, or you're busy with the killer when the gates are powered, or you're far away from the gates when they're powered). If it's going to basically only do one thing the entire game it should at least do it good

• mmain
    edited February 2020
    Options

I wasn't trying to say they weren't there before the end of the match. I realize they are there from the start. And yes they are fairly close together the majority of the time. There are those times though when they are REALLY close. Had a game earlier where gates were so close the killer stood between them and you were in his terror radius no matter which gate you went too. Those are the games I will use a key if I have one. As I said in my original comment I like having a challenge to open a gate. That's fun. But when the gates are so close together that challenging changes to impossible I will use a key if I have it.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Well if you remember the gates were meant to take 15 seconds to open when EGC was first revealed but people complained so....

I just grab and gate and hold on. No point trying really. I dont have the patience to play it sneaky, its so boring at that point and i’d rather take my chances and if I die I at least get a new game

• just_a_noob
    Options

sorry, like i said, i might have read your commen wrong. i've been in the same situation where the killer just stands between the 2 exits and doesn't have to move until they see you. its bullshit that the doors even spawn that close. i agree that its good to have a bit of challenge otherwise it can be boring.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    Options

There are lots of maps for me where the gates are not patrolable without having to travel at least 15 to 20 seconds. If you open gates just enough not to cause lights then you have a good chance at getting out.

The "game" likes giving me exit gates that are on the opposite side of the maps on a fairly regular basis. Its bullshit to be honest how often the gates are on opposite sides of the map in my games.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175
    Options

Mind blown here, does that mean you can use the gate spawns to predict the outcome of the match and the hatch spawn? I need to start scoping out exit gates earlier lol

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585
    Options
  • mmain
    Options

No. Not what I'm saying. If that's the way it sounds it was just badly worded

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

These exit gate spawns don't just "give the survivors a chance", they don't leave the killer any chance without Whispers.

And on other maps sometimes the gates spawns close to each other and sometimes on opposite sides. There a tons of maps where the exit gates aren't patrol-able when the gates spawn on opposite sides.

• TheTexasRattle
    Options

I think a solution would be more exit gate spawns in the beginning and depending on who is left at the end, that determines which exit gates you are required to open.

• variantgameplays
    variantgameplays Member Posts: 69
    Options

well at least the exit gate shouldn't be on the same wall. most of my games have the exit gates on the same wall. most of the time it happens on autoheaven.

• Krystress
    Krystress Member Posts: 52
    Options

I don't even try anymore during egc. Once that hatch is closed, it's hopeless. I just throw myself on the hook. The only way for me to escape is if the map is indoors.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

How many second chances do you want? Didn't do the gens? - Here's the hatch. Oh you didn't get it? Well here is 2 powered exit gates. If gates are far apart it's a free escape for survivor already.

• TheTexasRattle
    Options

on the flip side the killers primary objective is to kill survivors, if your banking on exit gate spawns to achieve that then haven’t you failed?