Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

That DC penalty is really great

I've had three killers DC in five games today, and in game number six, the killer slugged everyone at five gens and one survivor DC'ed, I'm assuming because it was so boring to bleed out for four minutes with nothing to do. I wanted to kill myself on first hook, but she wouldn't hook anyone until we were all slugged. Thanks, devs!

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

I have had a few games recently where the killer just runs knockout and slugs everyone.

Kinda weird they waste as much of their own time as mine and dont get a lot of BP and no bbq multiplier.

Just salty people I guess. Whatever I just go tidy up

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    edited February 2020

I never cared when a survivor DC'ed. It's possible for me to play a game and still have fun even if we aren't likely to win being down a person right away. The last three times I had a teammate rage quit when they got knocked right away, the killer slugged everyone else at five gens. Queues take long enough for survivor, this game doesn't need less people playing it. And it's bringing out every obnoxious killer move there is.

Oh and when killers DC'ed and I lost out on who knows how many thousands of BP, it still made me laugh.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Let's not forget, there is no cooldown on it whatsoever, which is something we were told we'd get. :D

So if you wait a week between DC's it will still accumulate. :)

Those 'super rare' game breaking bugs are enough to make it increase vastly LMAO

• SunderMun

When a survivor DC's rather than killing them self on first hook, at least everyone gets points for it. When a killer DC's, the survivors get survival points and the killer gets to be out of the game they don't want to be a part of.

Now people just kill themselves on first hook, killers AND survivors intentionally make it their mission to make others DC, and we get punished for not wanting to be in a boring game, or for being forced to DC by a game-breaking bug. DC penalties were always going to be a pathetically stupid idea, especially given that dedicated servers added to the issues with regard to bugs.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Ah yes, because the killer slugs me for 4 minutes straight every match, thats obviously the reason I have to disconnect.

The 24 hour ban I currently have was OBVIOUSLY caused because the killer slugged me every match.

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213
    edited February 2020

Of course it is. For their bad game design and coding you HAVE to stay in the game.

Like in that picture that just happened to me:

When was the last time you went into a bar and were handcuffed to the pool billard table ?

You are going to ruin other players game if you do not

unhook them

repair gens with them

take protective hits for them

open exit gates

get hooked

get unhooked

get healed

open the hatch

escape

get sacrificed

Oh wait. you are not going to be part of any of that in this situation anyway. Hmmm

• MysticMusician
    MysticMusician Member Posts: 149

Honestly I think the DC penalty is great. You shouldn't just get to leave the game for free, especially if you leave because you're salty you were the first one found. Killers getting gen rushed shouldn't be allowed to leave, survivors getting slugged shouldn't be allowed to leave.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

You better get used to this. If the new sabo goes live this is what every single killer will be running. Devs idea of an "alternative objective" is apparently to make killers even more miserable then they already are. Now apparently I've got to mindgame in the limited time I've picked someone up in order to not have the hook sabo'ed in front of me in roughly 3 seconds.

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213

YES ! Exactly ! Walk into a bar, get into a pool game and get handcuffed to the table until the dudes allow you to leave even if they totally outplay you and the game is ultra boring ! Thats the right mindset !

• meatisadelicacy

I just die on my first hook now. I'm not wasting any more time. It's mind boggling the devs think banning people from playing a game is the right answer. A game many of us spent money on, which I certainly won't be doing ever again.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

a 24 hour ban on playing? because you didn't like how things went in your match? lol I'm sorry, I'm not even that good and I don't DC for slugging I laugh my arse off. ya know? but if you like waiting keep dc'ing. I tab out and work on things and talk to my friends in game while I get slugged.

• ShadowReaper11
    ShadowReaper11 Member Posts: 56

i love the new dc system because when i make killers dc from looping them really well i find it super funny

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Are you kidding??? That’s far worse than I thought.

I haven’t had any crashes or server kicks yet *touch wood* but they could easily escalate that heavily in a month.

Wont even be worth playing after the new update until someone has tested the waters and confirmed it’s safe to dip in.

• MysticMusician
    MysticMusician Member Posts: 149

Many games that you have to pay for have bans/penalties from playing ranked games if you DC. Since DBD is a ranked game then it makes sense. I think that there should be 2 separate modes, ranked and casual. I also don't think that DC penalty should keep adding up. But there definitely needs to be something in place to discourage dcing. Also I think they need to stop people from being able to kill themselves on the hook as well.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

I have 2 questions here:

1) how can they MAKE someone press a button/key? the answer is, they can't. All they can do is remove the chance to escape the hook, which would be a very nice option if some how everyone ends up on the hook or not coming to you at all for you to continue playing.

2) so it wouldn't matter to you if people just DC and get a 5 minute penalty each time with out it escalating, this would not make it a penalty at all. This is why it increases if you do it often and over a short period of time. How ever it also has instances decay away (drop off) after a period of time.

The difference between "killing yourself on the hook" and disconnecting is you are using in game functionality to do things and the final action is to do nothing. so since you want to make everyone struggle here is the solution to your thought: it automatically tries to get off the hook and then automatically struggles. so you can't just not do anything at all. If you want the choice to NOT try to get off the hook you must allow the choice to struggle or not. If you use in game functionality this is not something to punish as it gives survivors a chance to save, and gives killers the points they deserve. If you exit the came to the game's menu, you are no longer using game functionality but program menu functionality. This is why there is an issue with this. is there a compromise? maybe... just don't know. maybe if all survivors are down you can get an option to surrender (IE GIVE UP) and this would be an in game option that happens only because it is part of the game functionality. so something can be done yes, but the dc penalties need to be done.

my little idea here is something to think about it only will happen if it gets to what everyone killers and survivors alike say is not a fun game (a slug match) but if you're the first down, you can't just dc, you can't just dc if you're the last and you want to rob the killer of a sac or kill. I just thought of one problem: last survivor is downed, this option would possibly be there and still pull the last sac from the killer so there is more to work on it but still it's a start.

• Jonathanwolfman
    Jonathanwolfman Member Posts: 15

Honestly this stupid penalty thing is just bad. Why would these devs want me to forcefully play a buggy match and not leave. For example for bugs, killers can't hear survivors injured or downed so they just stay "slugged" even though I can't find them, then pop unbreakable even tho I walked right near them without a sound (and no they don't have noise reduction perks) , internet internet internet (like why does anyone in the game deserve to be a host. So bias and servers aren't in console to my knowledge so getting hit through dropped pallet or a window I vaulted 2 seconds ago is a daily. And if servers are in console why are they so so bad), then really really OP second chance perks and Gen rush can be combined with SWF to make the game last a maximum of 10 min without a single hook. And the new stupid hook Sabo is helping survivors because it saves survivors time to go around 99ing hooks when now they are aroundabout 95ed so you can probably take hit, Sabo the hook and boom, saved survivors every match and saving survivors like 2 min to 99 hooks. More time to Gen rush with easy to get toolboxes. I played a match where right when I hooked someone 3 gens popped at the same time (a maximum of 80 seconds because they didn't have toolboxes so that was a 80 second chase and I have 1 out of a maximum of 12 hooks needed to kill. And that's 3/5 gens needed to escape. This game needs balance rework and then I will understand a DC penalty.

• MysteriousPerson
    MysteriousPerson Member Posts: 12

a problem I have is that when I'm in a match and the killer just wants to farm while I want to play the game. they wont hook me enough times as they will just leave me to go with the others and it's annoying as hell when I dc and then get hit with the penalty.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
  • fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

So are we entitled to DC is all get slugged at 5 gens. This says more abouthe state of the matchmaking more than anything else. Matchmaking is ######### garbage pitting total killers against noobs all the time.

Ill DC any time i like now.

Current one is one hour. I dont give a flying #########

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

They are not super rare. Game breaking bugs which result in my leaving are 1/15 games.

I am gettign pissed off at this game and wondering why i even fuckign bother.

• FishTacoDeluxe
    FishTacoDeluxe Member Posts: 54

Its really not that hard to play around hook saboing. Just run infectious and tunnel the sabo guy. You could also bait them to the wrong hook. It's really not that hard. If it's a SWF then who cares. They're were probably gonna bully you anyway.

• SunderMun

I know, I was being sarcastic when I stated they're super rare, as it's a bit of a meme on the forum for those that are pro-penalty.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

I can't comment in great detail at the moment, but the stats are showing that the DC rate is noticably down from where it was before the penalties were restored.

As with everything in statistics, personal experience doesn't indicate how the system works as a whole due to a lot of issues, one of which is that humans are desperately terrible at monitoring probabilistic occurances in their lives. I have this problem myself; this is in no way intended as an insult or an accusation of any kind. I was under the impression that there are a lot of key escapes. Checked the stats on that... no. There are in fact very few key escapes overall. :)

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I would like to hear the stats on key escapes. I'm sure it is low but I'd like to see how over-blown some of the killers make it sound. I'm pretty sure it is well under 5% of games that have key escapes.

• meatisadelicacy

Agreed. I'm sure it's frustrating but it's incredibly rare.

• meatisadelicacy

Yeah I'm just seeing way more people die on first hook and then second hook when they're immediately tunneled (which is most games). I don't blame them. And weirdly, now more killers are DCing for me. I still saw a good amount of survivors DCing when the penalty went into play. Could have been just to see how long it was though.

• SunderMun

That's because those DCers now kill themselves on hook, or go afk on the corner of the map while survivors do gens...

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275
    edited February 2020

i notice alot more suicides on first hook. so now only innocent players, which will get dc cause of server instability or ingame bugs, will get punished. dc punishement must be either reduced for the first few dc's or completely removed until the servers are fixed.

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464

I can't comment on PC--seems it is much more buggy, but who knows. At the purple ranks I didn't see all that many DC's at all--and remember Xbox again doesn't have dc penalties. Playing in a good 30 or 40 games, I saw one survivor dc (who wasn't me) and one killer dc. I dc'ed twice because of the ridiculous lag--once against a Wraith where the lag was so bad my wiggle bar wouldn't even move and once against a Hillbilly where I actually rezzed into the game being carried to a hook--OUTSTANDING. I am sure at the lower ranks people dc left and right, but in my games I just don't see it that often and certainly not very fair to punish people who get kicked by an overly buggy game. Things seems pretty good now, but this past summer I got kicked 20 times over one afternoon. It was so bad I even submitted a ticket...apparently had to do with the killer's trash connection unable to keep me connected.

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

I haven't seen so many people with keys until now. People just bring 2 keys during a match, it isn't over-blown! I know it's because of the challenge. I just got used to it but there also will be that one survivor who will teabag near the hatch that will ruin my mood when I'm already frustrated.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

I agree that DC rate have plummeted, thanks god!

As for keys.. I wonder how did you read those stats. For example: what is the rate of hatch escapes for games where at least a key is present from the start?

• Dreamnomad

Exactly, it is because of the challenge. But most people who play regularly should be done with Rift 3 about now. Even if players wanted to bring a key to each match they are actually quite rare on bloodwebs. You would very quickly run out of them. I think it would be pretty hilarious to see how many keys were lost this last month compared to average. I guarantee it's at least 10 times higher than normal. And you know what? It was still rare to see survivors escape my matches with keys. I can only recall like 2 games out of all the ones I played. Here is the flip side to all of this. Players trying to use their keys to escape to complete the rift challenge are generally screwing over their team mates pretty hard. I had a match where it was pretty obvious that one survivor wasn't helping his team at all. He could have easily rescued a couple of the survivors because I wasn't camping at all. I found him hiding in a locker in the basement. Even with all the keys it is actually easier to win as a killer!

• meatisadelicacy

I've been playing more killer than survivor lately and I don't get why tea bagging bothers killers so much. It genuinely makes me laugh at how stupid it is. I know the survivors are doing it to make me mad and it just doesn't? Stop letting it bother you! It's what we little shithead survivors want!

• meatisadelicacy

It took me more than 15 hours to get that hatch challenge done. I'd try for hours and then do something else, and try again, and then do something else. My problem was that I tried to play normally while game after game, people went in with no intention of actually playing. Combine that with people who just died on first hook, a lot of games were two v one, basically. So I bet a lot of people are still working on it.

• Dreamnomad

This pretty much just confirms what I've been saying. Key escapes really aren't very common even when a lot of players are actively trying.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

This the problem with being so focused on statistics and not playing the game. The numbers don't tell you the experience. Dealing with a bunch of toxic survivors, then make a comeback only for them to mock you and get out via the hatch will stick with the player far more than other games. So does getting tunneled and camped. These are things people will remember and influence whether they engage in further play or not. The game is an entire experience, not a few numbers in isolation. Feeling bullied as Killer is a common experience and your statistics will not tell you that. Perhaps surveys will, but I feel like I wasted my time doing those.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I mean, because you have bad games that doesn't mean you should blame the devs for it -_-

Also I think that slugging ti everyone bleeds out is called "keeping the game hostage" and it's bannable

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

No it is not holding game hostage, because the game will end after 4 minutes if everyone blended out.

Holding game hostage would be for example bodyblocking someone for a long time in a situation where the game can't end. In the past it was possible to block the stairs from the basement as killer to prevent survivors from getting out. Some killers even went afk and waited for the survivors to DC. Or just cornering someone before egc was implemented.

Slugging would probably be unsportsmanlike behavior, if you really would want to report that. However, if a killer does that I just tab out of the game and watch some youtube videos. The only ones time the killer is wasting is his own.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

personal experience can vary from the majority.

Even the forums are a small representation of of the playerbase.

• ProfessorDunwich

That's how studies are done, with samples. The devs should take seriously what is said on forums, as opposed to looking at stats in isolation.

• ProfessorDunwich

Of course not. They are never 100% truth. However, some knowledge is better than none.