Why not emotes?

As a community how do we feel about the implementation of emotes? We already have a point and a wave how about other options? Could this break immersion in the horror aspect of the game possibly. I see this as a great Avenue for killer and survivor to add some flare and personality to the game as well as a potential money making opportunity. I dont know about pc but on ps4 the dpad has 2 unmapped buttons left and right maybe you could have it where you press left and a wheel would pop up and give you a couple of options. If the idea takes off maybe even putting voice lines with the emotes like when you beckon the survivor says over here or this way.

Ideas for emotes:

Ace: Rolls a set of dice and shakes his head. Flips a poker chip and catches it. Maybe even finger guns?

Meg: Checks her laces and stretches

Doctor: raises his beater stick in the air and lightning strikes it. Would be really cool if you could do that while running.

Trappper: Adjusts a spring on one of his traps.

Hag: pull out a skull and lick it then smash it to the ground.

This is just a baseline idea and I just wanted to know how other people felt this would impact the community as a whole.

Comments

• TDZ_Luke
    TDZ_Luke Member Posts: 79

I think the implementation of emotes wouldn’t be a bad idea, as long as they are silent. The last thing you want is you trying to be stealthy while another team mate it blowing your cover with voice lines. If you could hear voice lines in the lobby like Ash, that wouldn’t be so bad.

Those Ace emotes sound great, and finger guns is a must have!

I don’t think it would be necessary to have emotes for killers though, they just seem a bit pointless as there wouldn’t be many points in a match where you could use them, unlike survivors who could do them in front of their friends or when they are in a safe position.

You could argue that some emotes could take away from the horror aspect of the game, like if you were realistically in the survivors position would you start doing finger guns? But this is Ace we are talking about who constantly smiles so that wouldn’t surprise me. Also Friday the 13th have many many emotes that can be unlocked by playing the game and levelling up, some of which are silly.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I think it's a terrible idea. Just another dumb ass thing the devs can "sell" to us. Plus we all know survivors will abuse the ever living ######### out of it at the exit gates. They already teabag non stop. Can you imagine if they could dance?

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

Its sounds bad and annoying.. we do not need it in this game.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

I have always wanted more emotoes, but they would have to be emotes that dont in anyway piss off killers or survivors lol I dont care that a survivor teabags me or points their arse scratching finger at me, or if a ghostface is getting fresh with me while I'm slugged and teabags my head 😂 but I know there are plenty of players out there, that get so offended by it 😂 the forums have enough petty complaints. But like the person above said, no to the voices lol Jane is already loud enough when she is moaning, I dont need her talking as well telling killer where I'm healing her.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Its an idea, but i rather to give those buttoms an useful communication inside the game, so solo players may have more info exchange and maybe killers can communicate something to survivors.

• SquidFacedMan
    SquidFacedMan Member Posts: 148

The two work fine atm. Could perhaps do with a wait emote. Games like friday the 13th have lots of emotes and it just becomes stupid. Killers should have the same emotes as survivors in a kind of mocking way. Maybe a throat slit gesture instead of the follow one. It's a superfluous thing though and definitely no rush to implement something like this.

• TDZ_Luke
    TDZ_Luke Member Posts: 79

Easy way to fix this, survivors can’t emote whilst in the killers terror radius