DBD Confessional

Options

When playing survivor...

I often open the Stopwatch on my phone to time each of my locker-hides perfectly, avoiding crows every time.

(I do this as revenge to killers who camp like the noobs they are. You want to ruin the game? Fine, I'll make you stay for another hour, laughing at you every time you pass. Then I'll change lockers to an area you've just thoroughly searched, and wait again.. and again... and again... and again

When playing killer...

I, on occasion, take perverse pleasure in making survivors believe I'm friendly and we're going to collect bloodpoints together...

...then down them one by one after I've gained their complete trust. I then relish in the rage that follows, from disconnects to post-game salt to downed survivors spinning in circles frantically. It's delicious. Your pain is delicious to me.

This is my dirty DBD confession. What's yours?

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Can't the first thing be dealt with by just closing the Hatch and starting the EGC?

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

I am quite fond of a game of wraith who hides and stays invisible all game.

I recently saw a survivor come out of one of those games with 17,500 bp. Impressive...

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    Options

I like to play Forever Legion

• TAG
    Options
  • IFeelFantastic
    IFeelFantastic Member Posts: 72
    Options

Oh, I'm not being serious ;) Just having a bit of fun

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

Well, he did call it a "confession", but yeah - this is probably not the best place to brag about breaking the rules

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

depend if 2 survivor do this you cant start he egc but if its the last one yeah you can start the egc

• TAG
    Options

My guess is that if they're able to do this for as long as they allege, then there's probably a partner in crime involved, but that's just me guessing.

• Codela
    Codela Member Posts: 96
    Options

Yeah, sure.

My confession would be that I am way more anxious about playing killer than playing survivor. It gets to me everytime.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I rage and i am a terrible looser. It is really hard for me to suppress my desire for calling out people if they played bad or did something toxic.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

The killer can just close the hatch or open the gates?

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

When i get very bad games over and over and i just wanna see salty survivors i play insidious leatherface. As survivor i dont know how to 360 despite being red rank lol. (I blame playing on controller and frames).

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

its easier to 360 on console because we are cap at 30 fps and the sensibility is garbage with a controller

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

Even tho i am heavily against being toxic as both killer and survivor, if i come across a toxic team as a survivor i will be toxic to them and the killer. By this i mean i will body block, not go for saves or heals, reveal positions and go to the others if im being chased, and not help with gens in any way.

Yes I get a TON of salt from the toxic survivors who tried bullying the killer (I use bond and kindred a lot so i kinda know when a group does this) but if your going to play like that than as someone who HATES groups like yours i will try to get you all killed.

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309
    edited February 2020
    Options

It is strictly impossible for this situation to be a hostage taking.

• If the EGC is activated, it makes no sense to name it "hostage taking". True ?
    • Or he is not the last survivor, so the killer can look for the other survivors.

Now, if a killer can't find the survivor, is it the survivor's fault ? You regret that the survivors do not put their heads directly in the lion's mouth... This is precisely what camping involves. And this is why you consider that it is not a problem. Bias.

Because as a reminder: this was a reaction to the killer's camping. But camping is a strategy?

All right, so I also consider that a game where each survivor remains hidden, waiting to be the last alive to have the hatch and the doors open is an equally valid strategy. I don't see why we should allow killers to do nothing, not to play "normally", but not survivors.

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464
    Options

No...it's not taking the game hostage now is it? Not unless he has a partner doing the same thing...not since the EGC became a thing. If all the gens are done the killer can just open the gate starting the EGC and if there are still gens he can find and close the hatch which again starts the EGC. To take the game hostage now you need a partner in crime as it were and you both have to actively not do gens and start hiding and how often does that happen? If there is a bunch of gens left...4...5...just me and one other...yeah I'm out of the gen repair business at that point and off to find a series of good trees on the edge of the map to go skulk behind for the rest of the game. If the other guy gets hooked, I'll attempt to go save him if I can and then back to my trees--I'll either eventually be found and die or the other guy will and I can find the hatch as often I will run Left Behind.

The OP is 10000% incorrect that hiding in a locker over and over is hostage taking. I would say though it is a bad (even if valid) strategy unless the situation is completely hopeless--e.g. 4 gens left and down to two people.

• toxcitynacl
    Options

If it was just him doing this it wouldn't be breaking the rules or is hiding now against the rules? Is there some rule I am unaware of that I must do gens or do anything? If I want to be a potato can't I go sit in a dark corner? Is there not a perk called whispers? If so can we then now ban every survivor who just goes and does nothing then...might as well throw in camping killers as well. Even if there were two doing it I'd still argue it isn't hostage taking...you can actually find survivors who hide you know? You can chase them...shocking I know...and amazingly even hit and down them and at that point hook them or slug them (yeah I'd agree they would deserve that too) and then go look for the other one or you can just camp the slugged guy or hook him and camp and once he is dead go find the hatch and start the EGC. EGC pretty much ended survivors being able to take the game hostage.

• IFeelFantastic
    Options

Note to self: comedy routine sucks. Start over from scratch.

• toxcitynacl
    Options

What do you consider being toxic as a survivor? The object is to escape and get BP...so flashlight saves, hook sabos, dropping pallets on the killer over and over...is that toxic? I did have two instances where there were toxic survivors toward me. I have that headon rift achievement to do (and still not done it) went into the locker to try to stun the killer when this jerk Dwight shows up and starts opening the closing the locker I am in. Then another game it was even worse. I was the solo on a swf team. I go into the locker in the killer shack and again this Dwight (and why are Dwights typically the biggest jerks in the game?) starts opening the door on me over and over and then tried to body block me. I did finally get hooked (surprise there huh?) and he comes to the hook and just waits until I am at the second stage and then he unhooks me and eventually I get hooked again and die and at that point I attacked all three in chat and reported them all and got the killer to report them as well--not that it ever does any good...and then there was the farming game where I didn't farm and (yes another Dwight) got hooked and then he unhooked me 2 feet from the killer, I was downed of course, hooked again, got unhooked again 2 feet from the killer, hooked and dead. People like that deserve far worse than simply being banned from the game too such as being removed from the planet.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

Man this post is really just all over the place huh?

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

I don't know why im wasting my time replying. OP literally said in his post that he's doing this with the intention to hold the game hostage for an hour: " Fine, I'll make you stay for another hour, laughing at you every time you pass." Not sure what you're trying to defend here ;)

• toxcitynacl
    Options

If the game can end you can't hold the game hostage and with EGC collapse you can't stop the game from ending. I suppose if you are a brain dead killer who is too stupid to find the hatch someone could keep you for an hour, but sooner or later the killer will find the hatch and I have yet to find a killer so incompetent that he can't find the hatch in under 5 minutes. Two people could take the game hostage you say...again unless the killer is incredibly stupid he will find one of the two, down them, kill them and then can find the hatch and start the EGC and most people won't want to hide in the bushes for an hour just to annoy the killer--I might be the exception to that rule. Some might call hiding from the killer at the end of the game "hostage taking" but it isn't and there is no way you are going to get banned for just using a valid strategy...hiding from the killer. If there is just me and the killer I am going to be looking for the hatch, not hiding in some locker and if he closes the hatch and I don't have a key I am going to try to open the gate (works about 50% of the time), but if it is just me and one other and there are 3 gens or more left then I am going to be hiding someplace and if the other person wants to hide too...great...and if the killer is too stupid to find us? Whose fault is that?

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

You are this guy, who when asked in a party game: "whats the most disgusting thing you have ever eaten?" replies "rotting human corpse".

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

I spent over $100 in cosmetics.....for killers.

Forgive me father for I have sinned.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

This started off rocky BUT still a fun thread idea. My confessions are vanilla but here we go!

Confession 1: If I am play Pig and you boop my snoot you have immunity.

Confession 2: If the game was fun and clean I will let my fav killers kill me. I got my pip, do whatever you want to me!

Confession 3: I don't run meta perks, second chance perks, or exhaustion perks. I am information kind of person and feel more confident when I have eyes on everything.

• IFeelFantastic
    Options

what have you done... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? shake

I feel like I made this thread for this kind of response. Well done. I feel the same way you do. I don't take things too too seriously, so I felt that a little light-hearted "confession" was in order (even though I don't play like that, typically, nor support mean-spirited toxic behavior). I don't even mind if killers kill me, nor do I mind when I'm killer and everyone escapes. We have a laid-back approach to the game. Looking at how serious people get, it's sometimes off-putting because we're just here for the actual fun of it.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options
  • Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Confession:

As Myers I love to hunt Laurie.

And as Claudette I love being a Bush. Or..

My favorite... RAVE CLAUDETTE!

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299
    Options

As a survivor main, I don't trust "friendly" killers. I'm the one who powers the gates and leaves immediately while my teammates farm with the killer

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    Options

Never trust a friendly myers. He will tombstone you all.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Dead by Daylight confessions...oh boy.

I like it when survivors thank me and call me daddy at the end of the match and ask me to spank them more.

('///')

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

I tunnel baby megs and blendettes very often for my own happiness and nothing else

• Kiawi
    Kiawi Member Posts: 33
    Options

Most of the times, if I play like a friendly killer, I actually am a friendly killer and let the survivors go. But sometimes, I only pretend because it makes the challenges easier, all the while feeling bad (I mean only the challenges where you have to sacrifice them, like the EGC ones...). But normally, I only do it after I down them on their third hook, so they would have been dead anyway and they, at least, get some more points for doing gens...