Is putting in the effort to climb ranks worth it?

Rank 16 here, newer player. I'm having plenty fun where I am, even with the cattywompus matchmaking. I've never paid any attention to my rank before now, was wondering if it's worth it to go through the trouble of ranking up or if I should just play however I want. What do you think? Pros and cons of ranking up?

No salt plz

Comments

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

Nope. Not worth it at all. Higher ranks just means long queue times and awful killers/survivors

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Not like it matters since you'll be facing high ranks anyway.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

There has never been any benefit to being high rank.

• Impermanent
    Impermanent Member Posts: 48

Just play a lot and you’ll end up there anyway.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

you didnt wrote about role (ranking up on surv/killer) so i will describe for both

on surv you WONT get much better teammates, your Que times will be longer (after R10), and killers will be more sweaty

on killer you will get faster que, but your games will get faster (most survs will be as bad as on R15 but they will be "better" at holding m1) so sometimes you will lose to team that dies in 10 second, but also you will met much more SWF (because of swf matchmaking system)

oh and btw, if on killer you're still on rank that gives you players from around your rank (+/- 5 ranks) try your hardest to keep that rank because at some point, at some rank you will be paired with full red rank lobby (i feel bad for those killers, and its a shame that devs still didnt changed that after many months)

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Red ranks are almost as bad as green ranks, but i would personally rather be at red ranks, I hate crushing potatoes and getting paired with them.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2020

No. If anything, try to have fun and derank at the same time. This is speaking for the killer role.

• kawaiikannibal
    kawaiikannibal Member Posts: 74

Yeah, seems like that's the consensus- I killer main, do I guess I know what I'm doing now!

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

Honestly? No.

I have toiled in red ranks in the past, and it proved to be more frustrating as a killer then anything. If you don’t play the meta or have a certain killer, you are probably going to struggle.

As I don’t play as often as I used to, I tend to lurk in mid ranks. I can usually play whatever killer I want to without pulling out my hair during a match. It’s just overall more enjoyable.

Not to mention there is no real point to ranking up. No rewards, nothing. Just a pretty number

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

No. You'll have less fun as you rank up. Most of the fun occurred during my green rank days.

• blasto
    blasto Member Posts: 41

It is as survivor. As killer you’ll be playing high rank players regardless

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Just play the game. You will get to rank 1 eventually. Nothing special.

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Maybe once for the Steam achievements - if you're playing on P.C. Outside of that, not really. The games, in my opinion, are actually less fun in red ranks than in say, purple or so.

I feel like the sweet spot is rank 7-9 or so. Teammates mostly know what they're doing as Survivor but I don't feel like people are taking things overly seriously like they think they can go pro at DBD or something.

That is, of course, if the matchmaking isn't wonky. Which lately, welp. Makes it so you can't even talk about the Killer side of things because it never matches you fairly against Survivors as Killer right now. You can be a red rank killer & go against rank 15 Survivors. It's really messed up.