Killer Rage Power?

Okay so straight off the bat I know I'm going to get negative comments on this but hear me out;

So I have this idea and would just like a discussion. Killer Rage. So for every generator that is repaired, the killer gains 55% progress to their rage, now, that progress will slowly decrease, taking maybe 90 seconds to go back to 0%.

This means if too many generators pop too quickly, the killers rage will activate, now in rage mode, the killer can mori whatever survivor he/she downs (no exposed status effect) within the next minute assuming rage mode would last around a minute.

I think this would discourage survivors to pop gens like crazy and would have more tactical thinking and planning ahead, like maybe leaving a generator at 99% for a while...

It would also mean games aren't over in a matter of around 3 to 4 minutes.

The best games I've ever had on DBD are the tense games that last around 10 minutes.

I know this will never be implemented to the game but I want to hear what your guys opinions are on something like this?

Comments

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

So you want a full stack of devour hope in less than 2 minutes without the work that Devour Hope requires you to put in?

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

So penalise the Survivors when the Killer has poor gen control?

• Nudge4511
    Nudge4511 Member Posts: 34

It's not exposed status effect, but yes, quicker the gens pop, the more the survivors should be punished for I think, gen rush has been the biggest issue in game and I find camping, tunnelling and slugging extremely boring. So unless I bring slowdown perks? It's a lost game. If you're put against optimal survivors, games are over before they've even begun

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

I like that you think outside the box, but I simply don't think this is a good idea. Gen rushing can be a problem, I agree with you there. But this isn't the way to handle it. I never try to gen rush but I don't actively seek out the killer.

If the killer doesn't prevent me from doing gens, then I do gens. If the killer finds me I try to lose him, and if I do I go back to gens. The only time I'm NOT doing gens is if I'm being chased, on the hook, healing someone or saving someone off the hook

• Nudge4511
    Nudge4511 Member Posts: 34

I get that besides the totems this is the only objective for survivors, I get it. The devs said they didn't want to touch generator speed, I'm just rambling on about something that could maybe counter that without reworking all the map layouts or gens.

Like I said, this will never be implemented to game, it was just a discussion for ideas or for people to throw done their ideas

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

I agree that something needs to be changed. But what? I don't know. I see where the devs come from that increasing gen times and adding another objective would make the game stale for survivors, but something should be changed