Should I change my way of using a mori offering to be respectable?

Options

I use moris but only mori a survivor if he is dead on hook/everyone is down. However, I realised it might be frustrating for the moried survivor because it might screw their ds/pallet/flashlight save plan. Should I feel bad and pick the survivor before dropping him to murder him, allowing him to use his perk/a teamate to save him? Or can I just wait before the survivor is dead on hook without feeling bad for using the mori on him?

Comments

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Or just Mori them out of first hook. You are the killer you can and will do what you want in order to kill them. It's like saying in CS:go to allow someone to save their awp just because bomb is planted.

No. Do what you want. This is your own game. No self made honor rules, no nothing :3

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited February 2020
    Options

Its your job to kill. Its also your game. Play it how you want.

However, if you're asking if it would be nicer to do that, of course. But if you dont want to play like that, dont feel obligated to.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

play as you wish. if you want to play nice, go ahead. if you want to mori straight away, go ahead.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    Options

Imagine thinking you should handicap yourself just to serve the delicate sensibilities of everyone else who plays the game.

Word to the wise: Survivors don't have the same mentality. They're still going hump god windows, teabag at pallets, and pretend like running in a circle around a pallet and dead harding for distance is a "skill" and talk ######### to you for it if they lose. Then if they lose to NOED, they'll complain that totems are too annoying to destroy because they were too busy genrushing. They use every tool they have at their disposal, and you should to.

If you handicap yourself to suit their BS book of rules created for killers by survivors, you're just adding to their endless arsenal of second chances and ammunition. Don't hinder yourself to suit them. The thing about survivors is, if you give them an inch, they will take a mile. Killers complain how they lose on a constant basis, and this is why. Go into game, if you want to win, play to win. Kick the living ######### out of them. You paid for this game as much as they did.

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67
    Options

Your job is to kill them all. Thus, rip and tear, until it is done.

• vigthepig
    vigthepig Member Posts: 44
    Options

NEVER! but real talk, only you can decide what you do with your hard earned Moris' don't let the opinion or feelings of others matter.

Remember that maxxed out perk heal/gen/sabo rush is always one match away, and they will not give as much thought about respect.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

"Or can I just wait before the survivor is dead on hook without feeling bad for using the mori on him?"

Play as you wish, the only one that has control on how you 'feel' is you.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Actually, some survivors have the same mindset as everyone else. Toxic people are toxic. Not one side of player.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    Options

Not sure how that is relevant (because somehow you consider it a counter?). My post wasn't a question on the matter of toxicity. It was a lamentation on the matter of the tools one uses to win a game. I never called anyone toxic; and nothing I said was untrue.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Mori'ing after first hook is the reason why survivors are quitting DBD... It's toxic game play and doesn't benefit anyone, including the killer. There have been countless times where someone's been found immediately off the start of a game, downed within 30 seconds and hooked. Then only to have a random solo survivor farm them off the hook with the killer on their ass, to get insta downed again and mori'd 1-2 minutes into the game.

• Ardjet
    Ardjet Member Posts: 85
    Options

You can say it´s boring, if you like, but aren´t we done with the whole "toxic" crap by now? In that case it´s toxic game design; blame the game, not the player.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

There are also killers that quit because of bodyblocks,swf,flashlights, adrenaline,keys,toolboxes (they won't after this patch xd),ect. I won't change the way I want to play because of others. If I aim to win, I will do everything.

Just likes survivors do everything to piss the killer off.

<3 u

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

I would say be nice, Mori them on last hook only like you’re doing but would the survivors show you the same respect if they had the upper hand? Likely not. *Cue butt dancing*

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

######### no, man. Do what you wanna do.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

i never bring moris, it isnt fun for either side, but if i were to for whatever reason, only ivories and only kill on death hook

they are a disaster in game balance, as are keys

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

What makes you think he isn't doing what he wants? I agree that the OP shouldn't feel obligated to follow made up rules. But it's a whole different matter when you are following your own made up rules. But by definition that makes this a poor topic to create a discussion about. This should be an internal conversation you are having with yourself. What do you find fun? Do whatever that is.

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206
    Options

I bring a mori, but then only use it if the survivors are playing well and have a fair chance to escape. Otherwise, I just 3-hook everyone so we can all play for much longer.

But as others said, it is your game as well, do what you want.

• Big_Trash_Panda
    Big_Trash_Panda Member Posts: 72
    Options

Moris (the offering type) to me is like old D/s and keys, why the f*ck are they/were even in the game ?

I mean I am as pro killer as it gets, ill tell you all about how killers get a bad deal compared to survivors and we need a good old fashion book burning over the survivor rule book, send it back to the deepest level of hell from which it came from.

But the whole mori premise that is, 1 hook, next time your down on the ground your dead, game over, thanks for playing, rinse repeat for the other survivors as well doesn't count as a "game" to me. But my Billy with 250+ Moris sure does love collecting them.

Now granted you said you only use the mori on death hook, but most of the time people who use the mori don't use it like that.

As far as using the Mori on death hook and not picking them up, I think your good, I think you will find that most survivors are okey with the mori on death hook, as once again when moris are played they are usually used after 1 hook.

• chenais
    chenais Member Posts: 69
    Options

Welp, guess I do not need to pick up the survivor before using the mori

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352
    Options

Do

Whatever

YOU

Want

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

After first hook, You can bring them to the hook. Drop them. Then mori them. Everyone wins! Survivors want to be next to a hook before they die!

• chenais
    chenais Member Posts: 69
    Options

@Elk I wait before they are dead on hook.