Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dear Killer Mains

Not letting the last person get hatch isn't toxic, despite what the famous Killer Rules by Survivors says.

Letting the last person go isn't always good. In fact, I find that more often than not it just rewards the "immersed" player that sits in closets all day.

So,

Please Get That 4k.

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Too true! I know earlier today a Hag tried to spare me after my team mates screwed up big time and I refused to accept the hatch.

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

Ultimately, it's a gift, not something that is necessarily earned. The Killer "allowed" you to live. If he didn't, he was not obligated to let you live. It's really that simple.

• Deagle0105
    Deagle0105 Member Posts: 44

And yes,the devs been putting us killer main in so damn much bs lately that it not even fun play as killer anymore but im always respect all the killer main still play to this day (including me ;))

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

Way games are now it's rare that I have a game in hand that early to where I can start deciding whether or not to allow the last survivor to have the hatch.

That said, I usually hook the third survivor and then go searching for the hatch, I don't slug trying to get the 4k. If he finds the hatch first he wins, if I do I win. Simple as that.

Have nothing against those who slug for 4k's though, I totally get it, pipping as a killer can be a gigantic PITA a lot of the time because you have to win the "right" way to pip, game has to take a certain amount of time, have to get enough hooks, don't let generators go too fast, etc.

Honestly I tend to be of the mind that if they made a 3k a guaranteed ruthless you would see a lot less people slugging for the 4k or going super sweaty. But the stupid emblem system means there are times you will get a 3k and still safety pip which is ridiculous.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

Indeed. I don't give hatch. I used to, but eh. I prefer just getting the 4k if I earn the 4k.

Cue the clicky clicky flashlight using survivors saying slugging for the 4k is "boring". Deal with it.

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

Yea I give no mercy. I did give the Hatch to last player ONCE because I downed them in order to bait the last person to come pick them up. By the time the last player finally showed up they almost bled out so after I hooked the other person I allowed them to get the Hatch because I had no intent for them to be on the ground for almost 4 minutes.

Other than that Survivors can get screwed.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I feel like things that are blatantly obvious don't need these kinds of PSAs. Don't even entertain the idea in the first place. Obviously killing survivors is not toxic.

• Entropius
    Entropius Member Posts: 63

I always give the hatch to the last survivor unless they struggle or BM'ed me during the match.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

All depends on my mood.

• TheAntiSanta
    TheAntiSanta Member Posts: 128

Oh no, I would never give an "immersed" player the hatch.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

As you wish

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

I just care about these incompetents to fix the bugs to various killer powers.

I am tired of myers, not being able to stalk.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Nobody said it was toxic. The only time I have an issue with it is when they slug for the 4k. It's boring and a waste of time. Hook the person and take your chances.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I give hatch when i feel like it. Or when you're a meg. Megs are sweet af.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

A nice spirit made my day today. She gave me the hatch since 2 people dc'd right away and the third suicided on the hook. I was running a challenge that required and an escape, so it was nice to get that on my first try.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Or like how you tier 3 despite trying to 99 it but the stalk bar jumps up a ton for no reason

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited February 2020

Nah , I like letting last one go pretty often. And if I have a chance to choose then I usually choose the one who seemed less experienced and it may the one you'd call "immersed" because they hide like many new players do.

Immersion or not doesn't have anything to do with it. Some people rather be "immersed" than running around with big balls thinking they are something special and getting destroyed anyway and then proceeding to whining about "killers op".

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I don't clicky clicky and I find it boring and BS. Don't even enter a trial with items for 95% of my games.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

As I said in my post, if the 3k was an automatic pip you would see this a lot less often, but thanks for the ######### emblem system sweating the 4k is often the difference between brutal and ruthless.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

If a player dc at the beginning of game I dont really give hatch but rathet being more benevolent.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Thats why if you see one doing gens and one who has been all game you let the one that tried have hatch and you search for the immersed blendette instead.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

yeah - but what if 2 or even 3 DC?

i usually also dont give hatch just cause one didnt feel like playing (i do give them some second chances ingame tho), however if multiple players do that, it seems quite unfair for those who were left behind.

sometimes i even farm with them...

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364

The game should be more directed towards getting points. That’s winning to me. Not 4Ks. They ought to give you more points for doing other things or extend it somehow make the game last longer. These insta kill Moris are stupid. The fact that survivors have to come in and repair gens with LB and RB is stupid. It feels more like a chore so killer mains... be grateful you even have anyone to play against please. Would be nice to find parts or have some mix and match as to where things could be found or better map design. I love how places I go seem like a dead end sometimes. Entity blocking windows 😂 okay.... but the killer has enough melee range to where that’s not really a problem. Anyone a football fields distance away gets slammed into the ground.

• BulletsNonstop

It’s not fun straight up. It’s like might as well back out if you get found I don’t have fun dying 😂 not like Friday 13th where I’m actually looking FOR the killer. Come here Jason get this 2x4 to the face 😂 awe he grabbed me? Wow I didn’t know I could die that way holy #########. Hahaha I have fun with that. But this game.... nahhh don’t slam me into the ground like that when you’re way the hell back there. They’re already fast so it literally doesn’t make any sense. I’ve cut people off just fine Playing as killer without needing that kind of melee range. I don’t think that lunge thing is okay at all. Maybe I’m just playing with bad teammates but I think the game really is too heavily reliant on all 4 and killers get too efficient and take advantage of that. I wouldn’t mind as much if there were better ways to make more points. It’s deflating playing as a survivor where I come out with little to no points because I can only get caught once and have no chance of living longer than spawning in because I’m instantly being chased, hooked then Mori’d. That’s not fair at all and I don’t think the game really needs to be that way. Why because you guys HAVE to get your 4Ks? Okay....

• BulletsNonstop

There wouldn’t be this “survivor rule book” if the game just never had some of the things it has now 😂 because it really does seem excessive and unnecessary. Kills are just handed to you with these killer abilities just simply because you found somebody ? That’s really how I felt playing as killer. And I didn’t even have perks on. Wraith I was like, no way these people really don’t have a chance uncloaking and hitting them this fast. No way do any of these guys have a chance with this large terror radius and everyone staying insane giving away their position. It’s fun because you get to wreck everyone. Nahhh, I almost felt bad at some point

• Frankie

Slugging for the 4k is no more boring than maps being big enough for a generator to be done before you can walk, in a straight line, across the map as killer; but that doesn't count cause it's a survivor thing. We do what we have to do.

• PigMainClaudette

I've had two gens pop ln HADDONFIELD before I even saw a survivor. I still played normally, got two 2 DC's and a kill. Let the Kate go.

How many gens popped after I started hitting people? One. And I was playing Pig.

• Frankie

Haddonfield is actually mid-upper sized when compared to other maps. Combine that with Haddonfences, and that can take up a significant amount of time to traverse. If you're going to BS me and tell me the result is always the same on that map as Pig, I'm going to straight up say you're lying through your teeth. All you did was face a group of pepega's.

• PigMainClaudette

I said it was one game. It's actually pretty rare I have a truly bad game, but I don't push my killer rank.

People also have a really bad habit of DCing MORE against my Pig than any other killer, even though I obviously play fair.

My personal playstyle also preys more on solo-players than SWF, spreading damage and slowing the game to a crawl.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

If the last surv is the MVP, i'll give'em hatch, otherwise, no mercy, no chances(Unless it's a baby dweet)

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

I don't really care about 4k's but rather how good I did. If I played well and consistently got downs then I won't care if I mess up and let 2 survivors escapes.

So if I played a good game then I wont mind giving hatch usually

• Zionify
    Zionify Member Posts: 10

I give hatch depending on my mood, I remember not giving someone the hatch at the end game or the door and they called me sweaty for doing so lol

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

This argument makes me laugh.

Killers, at any rank, are not given kills. Their success is based off of survivor mistakes. The only killer whose power can force survivor mistakes is nurse, and even then she feels to play like how nails on a chalkboard sounds. To say that killers who use their power automatically get downs... is laughable... don't forget Legion exists. Hag traps dont down people by themselves, Trappers traps can only down people with a specific addon. Spirit has to guess where survivors are, same with nurse... Billy has to precisely aim, same as Huntress (and Deathslinger). Half of Demos power is not aggressive and can be deactivated by survivors. Half of Plagues power can be denied by survivors (although that will change next patch). Wraith requires proper positioning, same as GF...

Do you see a pattern here? All of these issues are amplified the higher rank you go.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

if their is someone who i know has done a lot in my game without being generally toxic i will give them the hatch, but if you expect me to give you the hatch when i only saw you twice and know you didn't do anything significant don't get made when i hook you next to the hatch and close it in your face.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

If I am running BBQ and I see a survivor self caring in Narnia and the other on a gen the self caring person is going to die and the other is getting out.