A bit of a rant here [LONG]

Options

I just cant play killer anymore, nothing but anger, frustration and most importantly, no fun. Gen speed is a problem, I've defended the problem for a long time now, I've adapted enough, I've played this game enough.

Survivors have it much easier, as much as i dislike saying it, after my observations that's been my conclusion, especially now that I've been playing more of that side for the past 5 or so months, because of challenges. It's much easier when compared to playing killer, of course there's *some* skill involved but once you have looping down you'll be fine against like most of the killer roster.

Not to mention the survivor meta perks are incredibly helpful in that it can turn the tide of the game in a snap. Are all survivors down but one? Too bad he does a gen in your face and adrenaline brings everyone back. Is the killer keeping pressure on everyone really well? Dont mind me, I'll just jump in a locker so he's forced to eat the DS or leave me be. Chase about to end? Nah, I'll just dead hard and extend the chase for a much longer time.

See where I'm getting at here? Ruin was the most meta perk by far, but even then, did it even make much of a difference? Noed is probably the only perk I can think of that can turn the tide of a match in a matter of seconds. Oh and dont even get me started on the map design/ rng sometimes

Now I wont go without saying survivors have some things wrong on their side too. Wonky hits with the servers (which affect both sides honestly), being camped out of the game, tunneled, moried etc. But these problems would probably be able to be fixed if something was done about gens or map design.

I just dont know anymore. I'm simply not having fun, I'm sorry if I'm coming across as whining, biased or just someone who needs to "GiT gUd" but as someone who's played this game for 3 years now, I'm sad to say I just dont think I can go on anymore.

In conclusion, Gen Speed is a problem, Map design is a problem. I, as a killer player am not having fun anymore, and I'm sad to say but I know other players feel the same way, and once those players, the dedicated veterans leave, new players will leave and the game will die.

Goodbye for now, and thank you for reading this whole thing if you did. Have this as a thank you

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited February 2020
    Options

I just dont care anymore, im running around as clown just throwing bottles at people, thats it, ez rift progress and no stress.

Players even thank me for it :P

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    Options

This. Map balance is the main issue. This is why Hawkins, Lery's and The Game are so popular among killers. While there are safe tiles in these maps (especially the game), they can't abuse them for nearly infinite amounts of times, and the rest of the tiles can be mind gamed so it's all down to skill between the survivor and killer.

Survivors don't like these maps because there's no magic safe haven for them.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247
    Options

I don’t really play killer and I agree with you. In my opinion it’s not even fun for survivor anymore with how fast the gen speeds are. You pretty much do one gen and they are all done. The game goes way too fast and you don’t get a chance to do anything else. There’s no challenge anymore. Also with the bad matchmaking. High ranks get low rank killer and the poor killer can’t even get a hit on anyone before gens are done.

they broke the game after nerfing ruin and once the toolbox changes come in, it’s going to be even worse. Gen speeds will be faster and when the killer dies down someone they won’t be able to hook them because sabotage time will be 2.5 secs.

You’re also right that survivors get camped and tunnelled out of the game, more so now than ever and it is because of the gen speed. (In my opinion) that’s when it started happening more.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

That's basically what I think as well, I'd like to see maps changed before gen speed. However if maps do change in the future and gens are still able to just fly I think something would have to be put in place. Whether it be a second objective or more emphasis on totems, maybe they could add more and make them more crucial to escaping? I dont know