Anyone else just really dislike the meme “boop the snoot”?

Options

It’s very overused at this point and I’m just kinda starting to hate it I mean your a killer people are not supposed to “boop your snoot” I don’t play pig a lot but when I do I show no mercy especially those who try to boop

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

"Boop the snoot" is Pigan for "Easy target." ;)

• GirlbossRaptor
    GirlbossRaptor Member Posts: 13
    Options

I agree, very annoying.

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311
    Options

Pretty cringy yeah. But if people like it it's whatever.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Damn, it's almost as if it's something you could ignore and not take part in if you didnt like it.

Oh wait. It is.

• Happy2Heal4You
    Happy2Heal4You Member Posts: 119
    Options

Memes are kind of made to be overused, that’s what makes them memes. It’s everyones own opinion on weather to enjoy the meme or not, so it’s perfectly fine if you don’t find it funny. Me on the other hand, if I see someone in my lobby with the name “Boop the snoot” I am getting me some boops.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Never heard of it.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 412
    Options

I wish it was more than a meme. Nobody tried to boop my snoot so far in game.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

I'm with you. I hate this stupid childish annoying meme.

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278
    Options

I love piggy! I stopped playing her because she struggles in red ranks. However, since this boop the snootp started I find her viable again. It's amazing the people that will go on a hook if I let them boop the snoot.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

It's a game, not a role playing game. So it does not bother me. Once you take a step back, you realize that DbD is you and I playing a game to have some fun. If part of that fun is you trying to "boop the snoot", then all good.

To me, the reactions I get from people when they go for it and I respond by spinning around and running off are a blast. After that, I could probably face camp them and still get light-hearted banter in end game chat.

Had one match become a game of Piggy pinball where they all closed in on me "bouncing" me back and forth as they booped my snoot. One guy missed and I filled them all. They had no idea that DH had activated when we started the 3 minute game of piggy pinball. We had a great chat with lots of joking around afterwards.

I'm glad for BtS, it has added a bit of levity.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

It is kinda annoying

like the shirtless Myers thing, it was a little funny at first, now it's beaten to death

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited March 2020
    Options

I boop the snoot in irl, can't get enough of it and my friends are like, Okay...

Post edited by NMCKE on
  • GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options
  • Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416
    Options

I feel like survivors with this mentality need to chill they’re the type of people who complain in green ranks if someone doesn’t play 100% optimally

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

How do you actually do this in game? That's what I've been trying to figure out hahaha

• minful
    minful Member Posts: 27
    Options

I'm not a serious player at all, but something about this sentence really annoys me and I can't seem to figure out what it is

• DrownedFish
    DrownedFish Member Posts: 107
    Options

I didn't know such thing existed. Good one.

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247
    Options

As a Pig main, no I don’t like it, and no I don’t let them boop. It started out as a stupid meme but has become annoying through overuse, just like “Blendette,” Jane being tHiCc and alerting the killer with the clap of her cheeks or whatever the joke is, and the old Nea being the killer meme.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

No, why would I? Oh wait. I would in your hypothetical scenario where I'm the bad guy.

You have all rights to express you dont like it.

And I have all rights to express that it hurts nobody and takes no effort to ignore it and let others enjoy it.

Or do you have a problem with me expressing my opinion?

• yutycorn
    yutycorn Member Posts: 246
    Options

I will forever and always boop the snoot if thou lady, Amanda deems it okay.

I don't care if it's overused, I'm a booper, not a looper!

.... *I have no regerts*

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

This, 'Daddy Myers' etc...yes. tiresome.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

Yeah hate it aswell, very cringe

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

I find it funny, but I hate it when survivors refuse to play properly because all they wanna do is stand/crouch there and boop me. No attempt to run, loop or play at all when i'm nearby. That makes me hate it, but if they do it at the exit gate I find it funny. Just like when I jiggle for survivors, as Clown, who are at the exit or are last alive and slugged in case of DS; i'll jiggle for them to give them last minute entertainment. But when a meme consumes the gameplay I hate it and just eliminate them with no mercy at all

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,578
    Options

boops

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

It's just people having fun, if you see the forums killers dont have fun anymore, so if they actually find something on the game to have a laugh over, then what's the problem with that? Let them BOOP

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

It's just another overused meme in the already mountain sized pile. Do not treat it with any more scorn than it deserves.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

I'm kind of over it.

If you're a survivor and you want to boop the snoot, then I get to boop back. Simple as that. I'm here to hunt you, to toy with you, not to be your plaything.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336
    Options

How overused it is is completely subjective. It's just a funny little action you can do sometimes. I don't see what warrants full on hatred towards it.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited March 2020
    Options

Boop the Snoot is probably one of the more positive things to come out of this game.

So for that reason alone I will always attempt to boop the snoot.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747
    Options

YES! THANK YOU!!! I FREAKING HATE IT!!!

Sometimes I see some video like some oh tofu match and he goes like "cmon dude, boop the snoot, boop the snoot, cmon!"

Seriously? ever heard of something called "breaking immersion"?

• GamerCustard
    GamerCustard Member Posts: 59
    Options

As a survivor main, I don't mind the 'Boop the Snoot' meme.. not because it gets me in easy with the killer or anything like that, I just think it's a kind of a nice idea and a way to create a kind of friendliness between sides.. though i actually don't encounter it that much :(

That being said, I think that the meme should be the killers only, and survivors should not try to initiate it. It's almost like throwing, and the other hand of the situation has a killer perhaps feeling like they have to conform to the meme.. I guess?

I like the idea of the meme, but it should be left up to the killer whether or not happens. Don't try boop the snoot the moment you see a pig. If the killer wants to do, they will initiate it. Don't try do it for them.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

If they are brave enough to boop my snoot they get to live.

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355
    Options

Personally, I like to boop the snoot, but I can see why everyone could get annoyed with it.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

This game automatically breaks immersion by having killers with massive bladed weapons and otherworldly powers get stunned by planks of wood, and being less athletic and smart than a bunch of introverted teenagers, and you draw the line at people touching a pig mask?

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    edited March 2020
    Options

I hate this meme so much. Between this and the "omg her stun noise is so cute!" meme I'm convinced that some people are just ######### weird. The daddy Myers crap is almost as lame and overused as snoot booping.

• XXelHoMM
    XXelHoMM Member Posts: 2
    Options

Oh wow.

What are my eyes seeing right now. The group of crying babies cuz of legendary snoot booping. Alright. I see my voice is needed here. My friend sent me this post and yeah, it really needs my attention.

So first - I'm the Pig Main Big Brain 24/7 AKA Lady Piggy (maybe someone here knows me from the game <3) in DbD. Huuuge experience with my lovely killer. And you touched pretty important subject for me and other Pig mains.

I just noticed this "I don't play Pig a lot but if I do". You even aren't a Pig main, so why are you carrying about snoot booping so hard? Damn.

In my opinion, this subject should be touched only by the others Piggy mains.

It's cringy? Ya boi, ya? Soooo many cringy things in this game. More - this game is sometimes one big cringe. You choosed boop the snoot to cry about, instead of others? Fine.

Like someone said before - it's one of the most positive things in game. You're saying it's a MEME. You must be kidding or just pretending being so silly, sorry, but I must to say it.

Look. Ehhh.

If someone is approaching to me, then crouch I'm like "Uuuuu.. Do you have something for me? UwU" I'm taking that omega seriously. Taking this as a meme is stupid.. They are giving me a free win, they are helping (which is pretty nice after tiring matches with cringy toxic survivors on the boring maps).

First minute of the match - I'm looking for survivors and then one of them is coming to me and boops me. What now? It's not like - Pig have to leave him now. No. I'm just "invinting" on the hook noodling my head to tell him "alright, my precious, you're my puppy now, go on the hook two times and the hatch for you soon".

Sometimes two survivors are booping me. Then I was letting them both do all gens and escape. Now I'm killing one of them to give hatch for the second survivor. Because I'm giving them a choice - who will die for the second one?

But you know what? Screw it. I'm gonna back to my old rule "escape for EVERY nice snoot booper" thanks to this post. As I see, I need to show to more people that snoot booping is a thing and can save your life.

Also, you seems be a sad try hard who can't take fun from this game except playing for 32k as the survivor and the killer.

Here is muuuuch more things to say, but this post really isn't worth it. Yes, I'm mad at the author of this post and all of the negative comments.

#PraiseNiceKillers #ILoveMySnootBoopers #I'mTheProudSnootBooperToo

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

I don’t use the meme to replace gameplay but if I close the hatch and the survivor gives up- if they know the meme, they live.