Community’s predictions on future balancing changes

Options
TheChinCollector
TheChinCollector Member Posts: 54
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

Since the new Hex: Ruin is here to stay and the new chapter should be releasing soon, I’ve been beginning to wonder what other balancing plans the devs have that they haven’t announced yet. Which always seems brings me back to a number of perks (including but not limited to Hex: NOED, Decisive Strike, possibly the new Sabotage but I’m willing to wait before judgement, Rancor, and many more) that always seem to come across as either terribly balanced or absolutely frustrating to play against as either killer or survivor. I know they said they were looking into reworking 5 perks during a stream about a month back but I remember it only being perks that aren’t seen to often if at all. My question for y’all is: What perks do you expect them to change, when do you think they might get changed, and what do you think/hope the change will be? Maybe one of the posts here might gain traction with enough killers and survivors that the devs might consider it.

Comments

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

I know for sure NOED is on the chopping block.

• TheChinCollector
    Options

That was part of the reason I made the post. With new Hex: Ruin here to stay, I figured NOED wouldn’t be a question of if it will happen but when it will happen. Honestly my hope for NOED is that they keep the haste but swap the exposed status effect with aura reveal with no max or min range.

• DYNAMICskills7
    DYNAMICskills7 Member Posts: 129
    Options

They have already said just cleanse totems and so have many other non devs. Just being a bully gen rushing and overall getting less bp and less killers.

I think gf will get nerfed because he annoys people.

huntress will get add ons screwed probably

doctor will in a year or more for being decent.

deathslinger despite being bugged with aiming and too slow, he will get nerfed. I say 70% chance because he’s scary.

leather face is getting a slight buff in a way confirmed, more like quality of life.

oniichan nerf because he outshines the untouchable billy. Too decent.

wraith nerf if he keeps getting played and jump scaring poor survivors to death with no bell sound.

freddies on a thin line but invulnable because of meme attacks on the ready for the devs.

Survivors will get a 5% cleansing speed nerf to compensate for these changes.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited March 2020
    Options

Probably gonna add breakable walls to all the other maps probably to wherever the god loops are as a bandaid fix

Leatherface and Hillbilly probably gonna get there addon changes, maybe they'll nerf base Billy in a stupid way when he doesn't deserve it

Myers will get his addons changed

Huntress will lose iridescent head

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

Ruin and Breakable walls show two things:

1. Devs prefer to cater to the lower ranks to make it easier for them. My working theory is that this keeps them playing and up the chances they "buy-in" and get cosmetics, thus sunk-cost begins and they are hooked.
    2. Devs either cannot/do not want to fix core issues such as map design and thus use band-aid fixes to get around this. (Band-aids are already common in this game, but breaking walls takes it a step further.

As to what's next? Probably the Meta perks like Adrenaline maybe? Whatever the masses complain about or what the higher ranks use that works.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I think we will get some sort of new "early game" mechanic, similar to how EGC is an end game mechanic. Something to slow survivors down and give the killer a chance to get some pressure started. Like Scott Jund's idea for early game, but I doubt they will do that only because his idea is a tad janky and I don't see it helping much in the long run.

What I would like to see is some start game phase where the gens have to be activated before you can work on them.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230
    Options

"My question for y’all is: What perks do you expect them to change, when do you think they might get changed, and what do you think/hope the change will be? Maybe one of the posts here might gain traction with enough killers and survivors that the devs might consider it."

I expect and forsee doom. Doom I tell you! DOOOOOM!!!!

I highly doubt this thread let alone any of these posts will be seen by the devs, after coming back to this forum fairly often, I noticed that a lot of threads come and go quickly as soon as people stop posting to it.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

I hope to see some killer changes to clown, and Leatherface too, but honestly I wish they just didn't change ruin, gen speed is a problem and it makes killers job much harder

• TheChinCollector
    Options

I guess you’re right. If you don’t have some kind of outrageous statement or some kind of clickbait the thread dies pretty quick compared to the “Screw BHVR/survivor/killer” threads.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 453
    edited March 2020
    Options

Well, with medkits & toolboxes getting changed, and with no-one on the face of the planet disliking maps apart from Trapper mains, Keys(and hopefully moris along with them) are gonna be on the chopping block next. And although it probably wont happen, despite probably no-one disagreeing with it apart from people saving DS until endgame... i really want cypress mori basekit(That counts as a hook, just existing as a flashy way to end a trial), but it's just something i want, you know

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Ds will get nerfed, probably entering a locker or a teammate getting hooked. Iri head huntress will be gone, replaced with some crap add-on that's easy to dodge. Billy will get a stupid long cool down.

• TheChinCollector
    Options

I agree with you on the mori but maps I’m not so sure. Most of the map dislike is still there but has only died down because of how little it gets addressed. Whenever I play a shorter killer like legion I always suffer in maps with lots of foliage like most Coldwind maps and sanctum of wrath. The windows on places like ironworks just make me flat out abandon any chase just because of how much of a time waste it is. I’ve had matches where every time I chase a survivor they just run for that window and either die on their hook because they were the only ones left or escape hatch without being hooked once.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 453
    Options
  • NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

They will probably stay on their line of balancing and make every killer "interesting" instead of fun and strong.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

In which way are breakable walls catering towards newer players?

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

To make it easier for looping thats my guess. maybe to make chases quicker im not sure whats the point of breakable walls.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

More buffs for survivors disguised as nerfs, a couple of minor QoL changes to killers to try to make killers stick around, and taking over a year to implement breakable walls on god loops that still won't fix the issue of over sized maps. More nerfs to killers that don't need them without any recompense, while any nerfs to survivors will be given buffs to compensate in another direction. Or at least not as heavy a nerf as killers get.