What was your favourite nerf?

The nerf that I liked the most was when the devs accidently broke the killer's chase music and you could hear survivors running into bushes to hide.

But since that was temporary and actually a bug, my favourite nerf was when they lightened Claudette's clothing so she couldn't hide in plain sight as easily.

I'd be really interested to hear what past nerfs filled your hearts with joy when you discovered them.

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Honestly I like many of nerfs/changes implemented and more need to come.

EGC, Closing the Hatch, The Nurse, Exhaustion, Several map designs so infinites are more rare, Ruin, Vacuum.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

My favo nerf was the Insta heals. They didnt need any effort or skill to use the instaheals and also they had no counterplay. The syrange and syptic both have now a very usefull effect and have a good counterplay to both of them. They need planing to use and are not too weak. The Instaheals nerf were probably one of the BEST changes the devs ever made and I love them for that <3

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Actually I forgot about that one. I played without ruin back in the day and 4 players all running Mettle of Man was almost a guaranteed loss.

I'd rather have it as a dead perk than an OP one. But I haven't seen Ash in a match for quite some time!

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

The DS nerf that was actually a buff!

[Insert troll face]

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Oh geez, uhmm...

No more insta-blinds was awesome.

Also, replacing the white screen with the special effect for being blinded is much better.

Brand New Part.

Insta-heals.

Borrowed Time not working on both Survivors.

Decisive Strike no longer allowing everyone to go stab stab.

Mettle of Man no longer being the absolute rolemodel of crutch Perks against M1 Killers.

Can't really count Object of Obsession for not working against Undetectable, as the addition of Undetectable is moreso a buff rather than it indirectly nerfing OoO, though i'll put it here as a sort of "honorable mention".

Self-Care.

Sprint Burst's 1st, 2nd & 3rd nerf.

We'll Make It. Love the Perk, but if you had someone who knew what they were doing using WMI, your game as Killer was over.

Enduring working only on Pallets, getting hit by other stun sources is just too rare for me.

Hex: Devour Hope, from +5% gen slowdown to +5% temporary movement speed. I so badly want the temp. speed changed to something else, but the +5% slowdown was a dead giveaway, it did need to go.

Hex: Ruin, never used the Skill Check version.

The stacking of Save The Best For Last + Unrelenting, broken #########.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Insta-heals and Hatch were my favorite

God I hated when you put all that work to down someone and then that survivor gets syringed and it starts all over again

Hatch stand-off was my least favorite part of this game as it was so boring to where the killer couldn't do anything till the survivor tried

• Raven9
    Raven9 Member Posts: 298

Nurse

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112

10000% it was the Decisive strike change

”toxic” survivors would run this, and spam safe loops and windows because they knew that they had a get out of jail free card.

getting hit by multiple decisive strikes was the only thing that actually make me mad in this game.

Not insta heals, not BNPs, not pallet vacuums, it was DS I hated more than anything

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2020

Removal of the pallet vaccuum. Seeing survivors teleport all the way to the other side when you should've gotten a hit was infuriating. Then there was the week or so where everybody dropped pallets on the wrong side because they were used to just teleporting to the other side which was hilarious.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

The borrowed time nerf, when it first came out you could use it and both of survivors would get that effect where you cant get downed

Hooks getting sabotages and they would've remain sabotaged for the rest of the game

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,228

MoM. It was so hilariously broken in its original state. It wasn't uncommon to run into 4x MoM with multiple instaheals+Adrenaline. It's kind of mindblowing that it ever got released.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

Decisive Strike/Mettle of Man. I put them together because they pretty much acted as the same thing when DS was nerfed first.

DS gave all the rewards with none of the requirements. It punished the Killer for accomplishing his objective, which was absurd. Mettle of Man did essentially the same thing, which was a spit in the community's face because Ash came right after the DS nerf, which everyone was okay with.

DS still has its problems according to some, but I think its in a good place and serves a specific purpose and punishes the killer who tunnels and is too careless. It could do that better, but for now, this is what we got.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the legion nerf.

you can say what you want it was desperately needed and overall a great improvement to the game.

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

Spirit prayer beads. So annoying. Mori nerf and ruin nerf.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

Did my eyes deceive me or did you put Unrelenting and STBFL as an OP combo that needed a nerf?

Unless Unrelenting was different some time back, I don't recall it ever being good except for Killers who can't hit. Not to mention it doesn't even touch STBFL as the cooldown doesn't affect successful hits, only missed hits.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Only one I cared about was Legion, granted he was actually fun to play but he was literally mindless.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Look back to Howling Grounds. They buffed flashlights and pallets at the time of the event and it was scary. Whatever nerf undid that crap shoot is my personal favorite.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

probably the spirit and her add on nerf. i really, really hated her and the fact that you cant hide when shes phasing because there was the collision. that wasnt a big nerf but it's still good because now you at least have a chance against her.

also the ruin and mettle of man nerfs were great, they were both unhealthy for the game and MoM was broken

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

When they nerfed survivors by making their outlines appear on top of gens. Lol.

But honestly, unpopular opinion, Ruin. They can actually balance the game with it outta the way. Having a perk you NEEDED and wasn't optional was very telling to how much of a bandaid it really was. Just hope they fix the gen issue soon ;_;

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

DS nerf.. god I hated the old DS so much!!!!!

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Too many to write. From top of my head = vacuum nerfs, entity blocker, 2 blinks for nurse as base, no more traps under hooks, exhaustion, freddy rework (the anti stealth nerf of it = no more aura reading on his power).

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Ooooh, you're gonna like this bit of trivia...

Save The Best For Last on version 1.2.1 + Unrelenting on version 1.2 = 55% faster recovery speed from successful attacks + 50% from missed attacks AT ALL TIMES...Well, you lose about half of it once your Obsession is dead, but still.

Result? This...

(Skip to 0:45 to immediately see it in action.)

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2020

I think my favorite nerf was the exhaustion nerf. Being able to use sb twice in a chase was just not fair.

2nd favorite was the bt nerf where it only affected the person on the hook instead of both. It was too safe before that nerf. Unless you were bubba it was easy to make a save and escape. Now it's strictly for the hooked persons survival.

I think my favorite killer nerf was the rework to tinkerer. I hated insta saw and insta hatchets.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

The Ruin nerf. As a killer main with almost 1400 hrs, people will finally see what I learned hundreds of hours ago about how broken parts of this game is for my side.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I miss the Wake Up bug.

It gave Small Game and cleansing Totems the buff it deserved.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

Making it so that exhaustion no longer goes down during a chase.

I thankfully wasn't around for when Sprint Burst had a mere 20 second timer, but dear god if getting more than one proc in a single chase wasn't frustrating.

I felt like a hilariously bad cartoon villain at times. Always over reaching with his swings as the survivors Hanna Barbara'd away just as I tried to hit them.

• ToastyBois
    ToastyBois Member Posts: 26

Honestly, ruin. Yes, games are fast af now, but I’ve had more fun as killer actually being able to run 4 perks rather than 3+ ruin. Unpopular opinion, but it’s an opinion, so ######### you :)

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Nurse nerf. No close 2nd.

She was totally broken for the longest time and she is still to powerful, but at least most killer mains are to bad to acutally play her, which is probably the reason i dont run into a nurse every 2-3 games like it used to be. Well, those rare nurses we face still get their ez 4K, but im fine with that, at least he had to get good with her.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Hatch change

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Hard to pick just one.

• Removal of the old-school infinites. And I mean the straight up "two windows on the same long wall with no entity blocker/bloodlust" infinites, not the more recent conditional Balanced Landing infinites or the """infinites""" that aren't infinite at all.
    • Several changes to absolutely ridiculous early stuff. No-hook moris, insta-BNPs, We'll Make It applying to Self-Care so people could full heal in the time it took a killer to vault a window, permanent sabo and probably things I've forgotten.
    • Introduction of exhaustion. Sprint Burst + Balanced Landing when they both had seperate (short) cooldowns was ridiculous.
    • More "recent" changes like instablinds, physical facecamping and instaheals.
    • Legion. I might not entirely agree with how they were changed, but something had to change and I'm very glad they did get changed one way or another.
  • Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Killers no longer being to block the basement fully. Camping killer mains cried so hard and i laughed so much at how they thought something like that was balanced.

"what do you mean completely confirming 1-2 kills during Endgame while doing nothing is OP?"

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

That was one of my favourites. I feel like the game is in limbo now while they try to compensate for the speed in which gens are done without Ruin, but at least they don't have to balance the game for both with Ruin and without.

For the long term health of the game, I'm glad to see the back of the free wins old Ruin could give you.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Prayer beads. That was the most broken BS add on in the game and made for a miserable experience.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

flashlights, being able to blind the killer in under half a second was the most BS thing imo. I would say the sabo nerf that made it so hooks respawn but i was not playing this game at that time.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

Hex Ruin. The endless crying never ceases to amaze me.

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

The Ruin change.

Gen spped is quite frustrating when I want to play a Killer other than Ghost Face, Spirit, Doctor, Hag. But this perk was disgusting.

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75

It has to be DS for me.

The feeling of chasing a survivor for 2 gens, finally downing them, and then they DS you was heartbreaking.

It was usually followed by another gen popping shortly after, or beginning another chase and then they DS you too.

I'm not even sure I can talk about it without crying, it's still too soon haha.