BHVR Wth guys..?

Options

> Late DLC again.

> Make Doctor even MORE frustrating to play against.

> Butcher Hex: Ruin

> Fortnite Battlepass

> No more events

> Slugged survivor sound bug

> Survivor queue times

> Gen speed

> No console KBM support

> In game rank disparities

You knew we were waiting two weeks (like usual) for the PTB patch to spice the game up. Only to release the real release date a day before our expected date to seem as though you were informing us.

Can you not see veterans of the game quitting? We as a community want to help better Dead by Daylight, but honestly we just get the impression that we aren't a priority.

Comments

• mrdead
    mrdead Member Posts: 51
    Options

Quitting for what? A week?

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

people are allowed to be upset by the fact that something got delayed you know. We can both be upset at the delay, and glad that they arent giving us a rushed product.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

No one could have said it better.

Who the hell cares, spend your $10 on some coffee or something, Jesus.

• PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239
    Options

Nothing has been delayed. With no announcement date, there is no deadline, and thus, no way to be delayed. Just because there is a historic pattern, doesn't mean it is a certainty.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

I think what they are upset about is that they planned their "responsibilities or matters" around the expected release date and then werent informed about the change until the day before.

I'm not too pushed myself though, they never announced a date so its kinda people own faults for expecting it to follow the pattern I guess

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Besides, the march 10th date was announced on metacritic and other websites days prior, its not like people were completely unaware of a different release date.

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Member Posts: 58
    Options

As far back as I can remember they've always released their DLCs two weeks after the PTB. There may have been some exceptions. I remember Ghostface getting two PTBs because the first one went really bad. So I can understand why people are upset, they were looking forward to playing as or against a new killer Tuesday and now they have to wait another week. It sucks. Oh well. Life goes on.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

Very true. But if it was known days ago why were we only official informed a few hours before a lot of people expected it?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited March 2020
    Options

Can we just be happy with what we got for once?

I understand not everything is perfect, far from it actually, but the game has improved a lot over the past years. Give it time, things, unfortunately, don't happen as fast as you may like — the developers can't just make things happen from thin air.

I don't think it's the developers fault anymore, I believe the community needs to be more patient and understand how game development functions.

Post edited by NMCKE on
  • Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Are they though? With the amount of issues broken with the game.. Is now really the time to be implementing more new content that we know will break the game even more? Saboing is now completely ridiculous, toolboxes are now useless for anything other than saboing, Wall breaking is going to be game breaking, the new map is too dark for most players and the new killer is just a reskin of the huntress but weaker.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

Oh nice, more complaints. Let's see here..

1. Devs were probably doing something else or were actually putting hard work into the upcoming DLC so whiney babies stop complaining about bugs and other stuff.

2. Sometimes a killer just has to be overpowered and challenging to play against.

3. Ruin is fine the way it is right now. I don't know why so many people complain. I personally think the hex skill check thing was annoying as hell.

4. Battle pass is a trend in recent games and even though you hate to see it, it works out pretty well, remember that.

5. Most recent event was the lunar new year event. What the hell do you want, Easter event? Finding easter eggs hidden on maps to get a little bit of bloodpoints?

6. Bugs will be fixed eventually.

7. Queue times were always a pain, and always will be a pain. Not for me personally, I live in the perfect timezone. Only time matches are hard to find are night time.

8. Git gud lul

9. Console sucks.

10. Not sure what that means.

I believe in BHVR, and you should do too.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Doctor is frustrating to go against? I guess someone needs to get gut

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

> Late DLC again.

Its not late as no date was ever announced, just because you assume something based on past events does not make it real.

> Make Doctor even MORE frustrating to play against.

They adressed the exact problem people had, namely that it requires the doctor player to actively know/guess where survivors are, before it was passive and that is what survivors deemed cheap.

> Butcher Hex: Ruin

Ruin is different now, idk how much experience you have with it but it can still be super fun/effective but whatever I never used Ruin anyway, too cheap, atleast now its more fair.

> Fortnite Battlepass

Crying over optional content which will cost you nothing as long as you do the tasks? smh...

> No more events

Yep, I agree, this is some lazy boring bs, I loved the events, I miss them greatly.

> Slugged survivor sound bug

Yep, this is also bs, survivor bugs get fixed asap, killer bugs have to wait.

> Survivor queue times

Play killer then? reduce the queue time for others while you get fast games yourself?

> Gen speed

Yep, bit of an issue, but also, git gut.

> No console KBM support

Playing the game on console and blaming BHVR for no proper KB&M support lol

> In game rank disparities

You are kinda doubling up on issues to arbitrarly lengthen your list, Ruin, Gen speed, Survivor Queue and Rank disparities are all kinda the same related issue.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    edited March 2020
    Options

I think the rank disparities should be on this list. So many screenshots posted here and on Reddit of new yellow rank killers facing battle hardened red rank SWFs makes me worry that many killers will leave the game.

This is not caused by Ruin, gen speeds or survivor queues. Although I accept that BHVR may have switched off matchmaking checks because of the problems they have caused.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,022
    Options

What a way to suck up to the developers who apparently do no wrong. I don’t exactly like to insult them but there comes a time where holding them accountable for their mistakes is a valid thing to do. Telling people to believe in them when they make the wrong judgement calls time and time again isn’t going to get people to believe in them.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

It is...its a result of not enough killers playing at the Red Ranks, which happens because of GEN SPEED which cant be countered anymore because of RUIN.

Because of this the search parameters widen, because in the end its more desired to get a match with possible rank miss-matching / bad ping, then no match at all.

Thats why you end up with these RANK DISAPARITIES after a long SURVIVOR QUEUE time which take long because the search parameters widen because it cant find properly ranked killers because gen speeds prevent them from doing well because ruin was nerfed so their number 1 counter they relied on is gone.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

There was supposed to be a hard limit of a 6 rank disparity. Even THAT was rough as it matched red rank with green but they really need to put that limit back.

Yes it will lengthen queue times but as more lower rank killers are giving up, that also lengthens the queue times.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

What? I was literally responding to the thread maker guy's remarks about the game.

I see nothing wrong with that.

• Codela
    Codela Member Posts: 96
    Options

Why is it that the people who start cry-threads like this one always disappear forevermore after their original post?

Like, what's your point exactly? Just wanted to vent? :D

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Well, would you rather want a broken DLC today or wait a week to let BHVR fix whatever they need to.

Also they made Doctor better than ever. He’s probably the main reason I haven’t quit yet. Amazing to play as and against. They also fixed the biggest problem Survivors had with him, which was that he could passively find Survivors with ease and now he has to guess where they are first.

• Andy111777
    Andy111777 Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2020
    Options

Seems like people want quantity over quality which seeing this is dead by daylight we prefere the latter. It's not like we bought the dlc already so no need to get upset.

Edit.: also who knows maybe it is delayed because console verification always takes a bit longer and they did day they want to try and release all the dlc at the same time

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

They never said the date for the DLC release, the rift pass does not affect you so how does it matter?, Doc isn't frustrating, Ruin is really good with surveillance, We still get events but they are different, I never heard this bug actually happen, survivor queue times are due to killers on xbox, GEN SPEED IS FINE, its a good thing kbm is not available on console as this will create an unfair advantage, devs know about ranks

• Fengmin200
    Fengmin200 Member Posts: 64
    Options

Don't think that, I have a lot of friends who have never returned to the game. 🤣

The game is saved by newcomers.. i think