To all the killer mains left...

How you doing? Despite all of the dev's bullshit, you still hanging along? No matter how many survivors butt dance at the exit gates... salt in the end-game chat because you didn't let them go (even though they never do that for killers)

You still hanging on? I know I am, but that's because I play Basement Hag and show survivors no mercy.

Comments

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

Still fighting the good fight. The Entity isn't going to feed itself.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I've accepted that the devs are gonna kill this game with there BS, so I'm just waiting around for the desperation moves. Otherwise I'm playing Last Year.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

For the most part fine, it takes a bit longer to get to rank 1 but besides that I'm just hoping these toolbox changes are good, I know sabo is gonna be another thing to worry about, but from what I've tested the new boxes will grant significantly less progress on gens then before.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I guess I’m doing fine. The new Doctor has been performing better than I expected. I’ve pulled off some big comebacks because of him.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I'm fine. I find killer easier now than its been in a very long time.

I do get frustrated with bugs (ie the Wraith cloaking bug, etc) but thats about it.

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320
    edited March 2020

Rank 1 PS4 killer here. I was pretty annoyed about the Ruin nerf, but I'm actually still winning the majority of my games (getting 3k-4k, never slugging for the 4k unless it's against a really toxic team that sent me to Ormond). The Ruin nerf also buffed my Devour Hope since no one bothers looking for totems in favor of the gen rush. Every once in a while I get dusted by a 4-man on a tough map and there's very little I can do about it. I've started just embracing the sweat and challenge. Would like to see some more killer buffs though. Toxicity never changes. I have almost 50 people blocked from sending me toxic messages after a match and it's only survivors that do that. I play enough survivor to get to red ranks each season and ive never had a killer message me except asking to farm

I did put in some new rules after the nerf though

2 toolboxes = still play any killer but bring mori

key = mori

3 toolboxes = powerhouse like freddy/billy + mori

4 toolboxes or 4 same skins = dodge

• Entropius
    Entropius Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2020

I'm so jealous. I wish I could wipe my memory of ever watching The Office just so I could watch it all over again. Hope you enjoy it was much as I did!

Back on topic, I'm still having loads of fun as killer. They key is to just try your best and don't get stressed out about it. The survivors are just there to have fun just like you are. Have fun with them. Meme around. Sure you will get those sweaty teams you just can't beat once in a while, but personally it doesn't happen all that much.

Toxicity tends to breed more toxicity. Break the cycle.

• Azgarthus
    Azgarthus Member Posts: 31

At the end of the day, I'm pretty alright.

I often play both sides but main killer. If I find a survivor I particularly like (if they make me laugh ever or maybe they're a kind potato) I'll try to make sure they get a hatch escape. If I get upset by a surprise key escape (or 3) then I just bring a mori next game and move on. Overall I just try to get as many bloodpoints as I can during a match. (Still working on getting all killers to P3) Even if I don't kill everyone, it's never a waste of time so long as I got a good amount of points.

The only problem I run into is how stressful some games can be. I can only play so many matches in a day before I simply have to switch to survivor games or playing a single player rpg game for a bit to decompress. (The long survivor queue times tend to turn me towards just playing a different game)

PS4: Rank 1 Killer / Rank 2 Survivor

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

This is exactly how I feel.

I wouldn't call myself a Killer main, I always played about 50% / 50% to be honest, but I just genuinely preferred playing Killer more (as a mostly Solo Q Survivor) so therefore I was better at Killer and got my highest rank on Killer as well.

That being said, I honestly didn't expect the recent changes to the game to discourage me from playing as much as they have.. but I don't really play anymore. I even forget to log in to check the weekly Shrine of Secrets, which is something I NEVER failed to check before just in case there is something juicy that I want (although I have merely every single perk unlocked already) still waiting on "Make Your Choice" that's literally the last perk I need or want.

So yeah, idk what to say, DBD was all I played and was seriously into it for a full year or so, and it's lost its touch for me.. I check the forums every now and then to find out what's happening and if there are any changes being made that would entice me to come back and play more.. but so far there hasn't been and I still see the same things every day.. people complaining about Gen-Rush speeds and how Killers don't have a chance against Survivors and Survivors calling all Killer's entitled.

Nothing new or interesting happening to pull me back into the game.. I hope there will be soon, because I really miss playing DBD.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Streamers keep me around. To be honest if I didn't watch Cahla, Tru3Ta13nt, Biet, and FunGoose. I would have stopped playing a while ago, and it shows.

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

Fungoose is the best imo

• SaintsxSinners
    SaintsxSinners Member Posts: 52

I'm good but I've had to move on to playing more powerhouses (used to be a Clown and Trapper main, now I'm an Oni main and Myers alt). But if these new sabo changes are as bad as they seem...ugh

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I stopped playing killer because survivors OP and BHVR bad killing their game

Now give upvotes.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

Haha WOW ... LOL

WHAT A COINCIDENCE... I happened to log in just to check Shrine because I reminded myself when I wrote this post earlier, only 17 hours left on Shrine .. guess what was there? MAKE YOUR CHOICE!!! Wooooo

Picked that up along with Object of Obsession, now I've got 2 new Teachables that I've been waiting for a long time to have haha. Unfortunately it's not necessarily going to make me want to play anymore though, but now I don't think I have any reason to check the Shrine of Secrets any longer either.. XD

• Jholla31
    Jholla31 Member Posts: 253

I'm not a killer main. I used to play 50/50. But survivor is such easy mode now. Even if I don't escape, I'm always pipping. And on PS4, I'd rather get a decent team and get smashed in 4 minutes and play another game instead of waiting 10 minutes in a survivor queue to get two teammates that crouch in a corner all match. Running Bond, Open Handed, and Kindred every match has opened my eyes to how pathetic "red rank survivors" are.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

I can barely bring myself to play more than 1 game at a time. I got Oni and was gonna learn him. Played 2 games and had enough and put the game down.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

im ok I guess. I don't play nearly as much and if I do than its only for a little while. frankly I just don't have the time or will to play all that much anymore as im finishing up my degree at university and trying to get into the news industry so that takes up most of my time. also if I have to choose between an hour of dbd or an hour of doom eternal when it comes out im sorry but I probably wont play dbd for a couple months as I work my way through doom eternal and there's a chance that by then I will just be too busy to put time into dbd anymore.

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

Since I started playing about a year or so ago I've always been 50/50 through all the patches and nerfs. But when they destroyed Ruin I became 70/30 survivor main since ALOT of the killers I liked and used can't pressure fast enough before 3 gens pop. I liked what they did with Doc but now honestly I play killer for dailies and maybe the occasional moonwalk Myers here and there. I'm hoping Deathslinger turns out to be fun to play as or I saved up all these shards and BP for nothing.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

That's honestly the main problem i got with the game too. The chase music is so fricking damn loud, i got no idea whats going on while in chase.

• Ardjet
    Ardjet Member Posts: 85

Really good, actually, even though I play survivor equally. Consistently Rank 1, mostly playing Spirit, Myers, Freddy, Nurse and Doctor. I don't think it is that bad, even. The community has become a lot worse though.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

Friendly survivor main here, stepping into enemy territory.

From what I read, people take this game way too seriously.

Lmao.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

I stopped playing Killer altogether. Focused on Survivor. Got tired of dealing with Survivor queues and decided to "play something else."

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

matyches are all over the place, its almost helping tbh.

Like you can get completely and utterly bullied one match and then utterly dominate the next.

Purely because every survivor and its mother are on red ranks.

It might just work in the games favor because if anything makes you quit, its getting bullied game after game.

• ZoneDymo

Look lets not be childish about this, if you are a survivor main you are already kinda part of the problem.

Play both sides or otherwise keep your opinion to yourself, you cant talk about something you know nothing about.

• 99gameknight
    99gameknight Member Posts: 36

occasionally play on my switch now when I have nothing better to do, but haven't touched dbd on my xbox (where I normally play) since the ending of the first rift

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I play both sides, actually. Rank 4 Survivor, Rank 11 Killer. But I just don't seem to be finding any problems with the game. That's my opinion.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I am by no means a killer main, but I do play both roles pretty evenly. The reason why I play killer is because I find it so fun and whenever I want a change of pace from survivor. I tend to pick the community's "weak" killers and have a blast with them. Unlike the majority, I play killer on my own terms on how I want to have fun. I try to make it as fair as possible, but there have been a couple of times where the survivors I face are extremely toxic, so I don't show any mercy on them. I take playing killer like playing solo survivor. You win some and you lose some and that ideal has kept me playing the game daily.

• ZoneDymo

you literally called yourself a survivor main...the f man.

And yeah rank 11 is nothing, play killer untill atleast rank 5 and we will talk.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited March 2020

I play ALOT more survivor currently. I cant play my main because of the bullshit sound buggs (Spirit). So I play sometimes a few games Oni at the start of the day and play then survivor most of the time.

Its just not fun having to tryhard every single game and sweat for your life to try to get more then 1k. I am not able anymore to play relaxed a few trapper or legion games because all the survivors try to genrush with toolboxes before they get nerfed.

Althougth, its not like the game is broken, its just super stale and unfun atm as Killer imo. Ofc I find often baby survivors too that I stomp in a few min before they are able to finish 1-2 gens. But these games are not fun either. I am not having fun destroying noobs, if I would like to do that, I stomp noobs on a smurf. I really hope the matchmaking is getting fixed soon.

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136

I myself playing 50/50 surv and killer in the meantime, but having hard times as killer more often than not. As I am mostly around green ranks I get always matched with purple and red ranks. There are many games I am having a hard time (one game I faced 4 rank 1s, yay!!!) to get even a single hook, especially when playing against a well coordinated team, which can be really frustrating.

At least I don't have to rank up anymore as killer, for I am facing the highest difficulty level in the game possible. And I take the chance trying to adapt and getting better. But sometimes it is really hard.

My conclusion is: playing survivor is much less stressful than playing killer and by far easier.

But playing killer can be much more satisfying when catching some high ranked survs.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

Onestly, i'm starting to have enough of this #########, every time i play killer i need to be focused on every single ######### happening,... am i going to far from the gen in this chase? Ehat gen have i kicked, will.this survivor go this way or that way, is it worth letting him loop me?

Wile as survivor i'm like... were is the killer? Oh, he hit someone i'm ok, relaxe and do gen wile i look at the envorinment...

Think i'm slowly switching to survivor dude...

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

I'd love to play killer but BHVR protects it's baby Dwight's lovingly giving it second chance OP perks, OoO and the godlike SWF on comms perk is constant in console lobbies which they even advertise on their forums.

Dwight doesn't have to try and is confused why people play killer if they find it so difficult when the game isn't even that hard. However they will offer constructive advise when they do lose.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I am not a killer main, but right now i definitly play killer way more then survivor.

Despite all of the dev's bullshit, you still hanging along?

What kind of BS are we talking about?

No matter how many survivors butt dance at the exit gates

Dead people wont dance.

salt in the end-game chat because you didn't let them go

There is almost never salt at the endgame chat for me. I dont tunnel or camp and they have no reason to be mad, so they are not.

You still hanging on?

Ofc, i am why should i stop my 30+ 4K killstreak?

I know I am, but that's because I play Basement Hag and show survivors no mercy

And you wonder why there is salt at postgame chat ;-)

• Deagle0105
    Deagle0105 Member Posts: 44

im getting burnt out,but im still hanging on and wait for a killers rework,it is too hard to play killers and have fun at the same time

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Who cares if they teabag or write into the afterchat? LOL

• Happy2Heal4You
    Happy2Heal4You Member Posts: 119

I’ve seen stuff like actual infinites and pallet vacuums. I stopped using ruin 7 months before it go at nerfed, so currently I’m doing fine with killer.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Been done since oni release. This game is a complete JOKE for killers on ps4. I'd rather play dark Souls 2 on the hardest difficulty then play killer on dbd. It's less stressful, and that's REALLY saying something...

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

Not killer main, but i do play from time to time to get blood points stacked. I used to be 50-50 now i am surv main and i can tell you q-time are little longer but no more red rank killers. So its farm fest for me.