The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hillbilly nerf speculation

Pigpen
Pigpen Member Posts: 58

You know it's coming, I know it's coming, we all know Mr. Billy is gonna get nerfed eventually. He's the only top tier killer the devs haven't "revisited" yet. So, what do you think they'll do to him? Add a fuel gauge, an overheat mechanic, or maybe just stuns and a cooldown? They stated during a stream about a year ago that him, leatherface, and nurse were in need of some love (actual quote lol). So, what do you guys think they're gonna do when they eventually get around to him? Hopefully it won't be too bad, we as a community can't afford to lose more killer players. Survivor que times are only getting longer.

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

I'd guess a complete add on rework where he won't be able to stack buffs ie tuning guide + bulb etc.

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Member Posts: 58

I can see that happening, but something tells me they're not going to just redo his add-ons when they get around to him. Personally, I think Hillbilly is the most balance killer in the game considering how fast matches can go and how big many of the maps are. I'd hate to see him get nerfed and then forgotten in the dirt like nurse. I still think nurse is the best killer in the game on PC, but many nurse mains quit playing her after the changes and I don't think they'll pick her back up any time soon. As a survivor player I don't want that for Hillbilly. He's fun to go against as he is an actual threat even on the giant maps.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Devs said they want to rework his add-ons, which makes sense since he doesn't fit the normal add-on layout of other killers.

His base kit is absolutely fine and, outside of some QOL changes (if any), I don't see them changing it.

I expect his add-ons to stay about the same. The only problem add-on is Carb Tuning Guide. I expect that one to get a nerf. Maybe also Moonshine, but probably not. Really his add-ons are fine except CTG.

• thesuicidefox

If they make it pink that would be fine. However, there is going to be the issue of a ton of players having stockpiles of them, and then it becomes easier to get since there are only 3 pink items a killer can find in blood webs.

We'll see how it goes I guess.

• thesuicidefox

On my p3 all perk Spirit I literally get an MDR at least once every other bloodweb. At this point if I decided to play every game with MDR/Amulet and dumped all the BP I earned as killer back into Spirit I could run those add-ons forever. Like every web has at least 1 pink item, usually 2. So yes it would be much much easier to get Carb Tuning Guides if they were pink and not green, as green item pool is like 25 items. While there are usually more green items, the chance of getting a specific one is pretty low.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

They said that about Nurse, they said her Basekit was fine and now look at her.

Look how they massacred my girl....

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Lose the insta saw and we are good

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

You know what? One thing has always confused me more about Hillbilly and his power more than most others: Why is HE the only killer allowed to hold his power the way he can? And, yes, I know that Leatherface can too, but he's a joke to play at this point. Still a point for both of them.

Doctor? Loses ALL charge if the button is released. Pig? Dash meter resets. Freddy? Teleport cancelled AND goes on cooldown. Plague? Uses power, but to a lesser extent.

Nurse's basekit changes also weren't THAT bad. If Hillbilly gets loads of stronger add-ons, but a slightly lessened base-kit, it'll simply drive away all those who are on a bandwagon. Stuff like this happens all the time. It's also JUST happened with Warhammer 40k and the Iron Hands faction. People will jump ship as soon as there's a possibly negative change, but those people are only using that character/faction simply because it is powerful.

Why don't we just reserve judgement until we actually see any changes to the character.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Here are my predictions.

1. Movement speed will be reduced to 110%.
    2. Cooldown on his chainsaw.
    3. Cooldown after reving his chainsaw.
    4. Addons will drop in rarity or increase.
    5. Red bar will be added in order to use his chainsaw again.
  • Happy2Heal4You
    Happy2Heal4You Member Posts: 119

If they did nerf him I would be fine with some kind of cool down on his chainsaw. The fact that he can sprint across the entire map in seconds, find a survivor and immediately proceed to go for a one shot is pretty insane. Not to say he is overpowered but instead to say that he outclasses many other killers with his ability. Freddy has a cool down on his teleport, demo needs to place the portals first. Both these killers have a down side to their ability to get across the map while billy can do it whenever he wants. Michael needs to stalk to tier 3, Oni needs to suck up blood, ghost face needs to mark you, these killers require something for the player to achieve in order to get their one shot while hillbilly has is one shot on him no matter what.

A cool down is really all the nerf he would need, making him 110 speed would probably make him one of the weakest killers in the game so they probably won’t do that. I’ve seen the idea of having to refill on gas for his chainsaw which isn’t that bad of an idea. I’m open to the idea of a change to Billy but that doesn’t mean I want to see him get absolutely destroyed.

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75

If Billy couldn't hold his chainsaw then he would have to predict exactly where a survivor is going and how long they will take to get there. Not to mention taking away all of his mind game potential.

What you're saying is basically the equivalent of if Huntress couldn't hold a hatchet and had to let it go as soon as she pulled it up.

He's like that because it makes sense considering how different his power is to the other killers you mentioned.

Devs pls don't gut my boy Billy, he's legit one of the most balanced killers in the games current state.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

These posts at this point are just sad

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

If the Devs actually nerf Billy, be it his base kit or add-ons, then I don't know how people could defend them after that. Anyone who actually thinks Billy needs a nerf has no logical reason as to why he needs to be nerfed. Literally hiding behind anything negates the one shot aspect of his power. All anyone has to do is to just stand behind something instead of panicking and running out in the middle of nowhere when they hear the chainsaw. The amount of threads I see where people legitimately think Billy needs nerfs is appalling. Entitled yellow ranks are ruining the game. Devs shouldn't take any complaints (regarding balance, not other issues like bugs) from people below purple or green ranks seriously. And anyone past green ranks who complains about Billy being too strong should just go play something else or play civilization. I understand everyone has their own opinions but opinions should never be deemed more important than facts. Billy can never be too strong because he has a plethora of counterplay to him.

-Hiding behind objects

-Juking/360'ing

-Looping (even insta chainsaw is weak against a competent looper, even at a T-L)

-Not standing out in the middle of nowhere, aka using common sense

The cries for Billy nerfs need to stop.

But to answer the OP, here's what I predict:

They'll nerf him to the point where the amount of Billy players will significantly drop, like Spirit and Nurse. Either they'll do one or even multiple of these:

-Slap a cooldown on Billy's chainsaw

-Make him refuel his chainsaw

-Nerf his movement speed while using chainsaw

-Prevent add-ons stacking with each other

-Remove his best add-ons or nerf them to the point where they won't even be worth buying anymore

-Nerf his base speed to make him a 110 or even 100 killer

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

I actually think those predictions would be a reasonable compromise.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

That's probably the best way to go about it. He's such a fun killer to play as to go against at base, but (some of) his add-ons are quite busted in the current meta. I would love it if his base kit remains untouched and his addons get reworked, so it doesn't feel as cheap using them

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Give the Chainsaw a cooldown & make it so he can't run forever. Just like Oni.

I can't speak for add-ons because it depends on what the devs want Billy's identity to be.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited March 2020

I trust the dev's are smart enough at balancing to know not to touch Hillbilly.

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

Agreed! Other than a few add on's anything done to Billy would be the final straw for what's left of the killer mains. Survivor wait times could double.

• kidmaxx
    kidmaxx Member Posts: 57

He is literally one of the most balanced killers. Everything he does has counterplay. If mean at this point we already know they're ruining high level competitive play for money, but if they touch billy its confirmed.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Yeah i just wonder how you got the demonize survivor part from the OP?

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

But it didn't come out of nothing, right?

Survivors complained about The Legion, The Nurse, The Spirit, BAM, they got nerfed.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

I think bhvr need to stop

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Swap powers with the Clown. He could use a buff.

Rrrrrrrrrhehaheheeeh

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

So, Billy would require more skill is wjat you're saying?

He is also different in the sense that he has high mobility, destruction AND and instant-down in his BASE KIT with one button. That is not balance.

Huntress is the most balanced killer in the game.

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75

That's one of the things I'm saying. Alongside others that you chose not to address...

I also said that he's "one of the most balanced in the games current state" where maps are too big for killers to traverse, gens go too quickly for killers to apply adequate pressure, and chases take too long; but yet again, you chose not to address that.

I have no idea why you're even saying that Huntress is the most balanced as if I mentioned Billy being the most balanced lmao.

Anyway, Huntress might be one of the most balanced killers by design, but in the games current state she still falls victim to big maps that have a lot of LOS blockers/grass, and back to back jungle gyms/T-walls.