We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Is it true there are less red rank killers?

I have notices that most of my survivor games are against purple and green rank killers. I have only versed a red rank killer once recently. Is anyone else having this problem to? Is it true that there are less red rank killer players? Because im starting to think it is true

Comments

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I have seen a few on ps4 recently. Mainly billy and spirit.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Have been consistently rank 1-2 for ages on both sides

got extremely boring to play, especially after ruin change and lack of viable killers and perks so I stopped for a few months

now I’m rank 11 on both due to resets and it’s so chill stomping on both sides, dunno if “fun” but chill

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I'm a red rank Survivor now but 6 months ago I played extremely casual and floated between ranks 4-8.

I think a lot of people are ignoring the fact that there are probably way more red rank Survivors now than probably ever before.

I did used to play more killer but I tend to play far more Survivor unless I'm playing really badly like now, I've been playing killer and getting tested by red ranks.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I had a rank 2 spirit last night. Couple Billy's. Oh a rank 3 myers as well. But mostly facing ra I 9 to 11

• CoolConnor96
    CoolConnor96 Member Posts: 164

Ruin change did hurt killers massively. But i will admit the new ruin with thrilling tremors is a great combination

Sadly i agree that lower ranks are usually more fun to play as its less stressful

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

I don't think that's the problem. As far as I know, there are currently the same amount of red rank killers as there always have been. The issue is that there are a ton more red rank survivors. Even if they aren't, the game will consider them as such for the purposes of matchmaking if they play in SWF with a red rank survivor.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It is. I think it's because of the Ruin changes. I don't remember it being this bad before then.

• CoolConnor96

Personally i would believe someone who plays both sides equally more than killer mains as they will have a much better understanding for both sides

• CoolConnor96

Very valid point. I forget myself that there are more red rank survivors than killers for sure

• CoolConnor96

Couldnt agree more. If your up against good survivors who can loop you dont really stand much of a chance

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Just can speak for myself. I used to play 50:50 and mid or at end of the season I was on red ranks on both roles.

After the ruin change I first noticed normal games. Easy first gen pops but after you get the pressure it was still possible to perform well. But more and more I think the ruin change teached survivors to commit to gens and it gets harder and harder to protect them, being more stressful with many killers. Most games, where I feel like I have/had a chance are with strong addons or with stealth killers on indoor maps.

Currently because of this, I play more like 70% survivor, just the dailies for killers and at least one killer game per day for the extra XP.

But I also think that Tofus video (which is a bit older but still valid) about the matchmaking change makes sense. Survivor ranks 1,5,10,16 was earlier matched aganst rank 8 killer, now against rank 1. That means, that every random group or SWF teams with a red rank pull all the red rank killers. Also means, that there will be more random teams that should get a red rank killer, but need to wait, causing the queue times. Or by time passing, the range is increased, giving you weaker killers. The weaker killers running against the red ranks survivors having a harder time, allowing the weaker survivors to jump up in ranks. So there are even more red ranks, requesting even more red rank killers which are not available, causing more and more killers running against top teams and having to struggle to rank up.

The current system is completely not working properly and I really hope that they soon bring their update, although I still doubt at the moment that the "hidden" mmr system will solve the problem, as the emblem system already did not really reflect skill properly and was too depending on the performance of the other players.

• Raglar
    Raglar Member Posts: 3

Opinions aside, the fact is that survivor queue times are longer which means a lot less people play killer. How can it be easier to get 4 survivors than 1 killer? that should be ridiculous but it's the current state of the game

• Entropius
    Entropius Member Posts: 63

Generators stop regressing for the duration of being blocked off by perks.

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

I'm a rank 2 killer on PS4. I don't face anything but red rank survivors. The games are all over the place. One game is a salty group of survivors who stomp me. The next game is a red rank group of potatoes who I stomp. The biggest issue I have is I rarely have really competitive matches. It's either one extreme or the other. I miss those games where 1 gen is left but the game is still up for grabs. I normally can tell you how the game is going to be after the first minute.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Once you get to red ranks with Killer there really is not point in keep playing that role. If you already have maxed your BP for the next DLC, then you just play survivor and have fun, good matches.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2020

Well it's hard to stay in red ranks when the gens get destroyed in minutes and everyone is a looping god. Not all games are like that mind you, but enough to keep most killers from pipping or keeping pips.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

I hope you know that thrilling tremors stops the work of ruin.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

umm @Peanits am i correct in saying no regression happens when the gens are blocked?

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Yes you are, they can not regress or progress for the time being blocked like a status effect.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

haven't seen a red rank killer in weeks and i've probably only seen maybe 2 purple rank killers in the space of a few weeks so you're lucky if you are getting purple rank killers.

• Andy111777
    Andy111777 Member Posts: 62

Xbox huntress main here at red ranks. Stressful to just enjoy a game. Doesn't help that end game messages don't help either when they start to taunt 😅

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Killer is ass to play right now

Nooo way am I touching that

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I've ducked out of red ranks with both killer and survivor. Too sweaty and not much fun. Devs have turned a blind eye to the toxic side of this game for so long now that I think it is too late to do anything.

Just waiting for a few games on my list and will likely uninstall. Sad really, this game has promise, but if you give azzhats an Avenue to be super toxic for the fun of it, they usually will take it. It's ruining the game fast.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Why put in a stressful match as a red ranked killer when you can have an easy time with your red rank swf survivor buddies?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Not only this, but it forces killer players to play as certain killers to stand a chance: mainly billies, nurses, or Onis. Spirit used to be decent when her addons were, but they heavily punished those... even the common addons got nerfed...

...and its currently masochism to play as nurse on console right now, so the pool of used killers is way less... although there are some who use mouse and keyboard, which should be called cheating, but...

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Less killer players in general, since every game is like sticking my testicles in the meat grinder for 5 minutes.

• CoolConnor96

Well dam. I never knew that. That is unfortunate. Thanks for letting me know

• CoolConnor96

Just seen the comments regarding TT not working with the new ruin. I never knew that thank you for letting me know everyone.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

There's a lot of people calling for it. Billy is at risk for getting nursed.

• CoolConnor96

I think he is balanced personally. I can understand why some people can struggle against him but he certainly isnt op and needs a nerf

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

I am rank 1 as a killer but It is stressful, always three generators in 2 minutes but at the end I can win since the ruin was nerfed the game is boring for survivors and stressful for killers

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

it must be a myth, its been like a month since ive went against an actually good red rank killer

• Nestilana
    Nestilana Member Posts: 15

I've honestly stopped playing as often as I used to. I'm a green/purple killer and now I play against nothing but purple/red survivors. Honestly, it's more tedious than it is fun. I've thought about switching to survivor because of how annoying it is for me to play killer, but that leaves me with two options...

Would I rather play survivor (boring) or killer? (stressful)