Could mythological creatures be viable killers?

Options
Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005

Ever since Oni was released, I've had this thought in my head of the Minotaur, in a Labyrinth style map. It would be pretty terrifying to see that thing charging at you, Billy-esque, especially now that breakable walls are a thing. Or Medusa could work, though I can't fathom how stone gaze would be implemented.

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I would love seeing Mythology get its hands dirty.

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 300
    Options

We got Hag who's inspired by Wendigo .

• MysticMusician
    MysticMusician Member Posts: 149
    Options

Considering we have the demogorgan which is a creature and not a human, I don't see why not. I would be interested in some more creature based killers, as long as they are done well. Like I would be kinda annoyed to get a basic vampire in the game. As long as they are able to make it somewhat interesting I'm down.

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Cheeki_Beaky_Bird Member Posts: 148
    Options

I'm 100% on board with this.

Imagine a dragon chasing you around! Smashing through pallets easily but struggling with all those tight spaces and tiny windows

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

The Medusa idea seems interesting. Maybe if the survivors look directly at the killer and she uses her power, the survivor would freeze and turn to stone but only for a limited time. Once they get out, they are wounded and have to mend, or something like that.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,216
    edited March 2020
    Options

I think most creatures could do as killers.

It's the ability that might be problematic.

The Minotaurus, would probqbly be associated with a bull charge (heh) quickly. Hillbilly, Leatherface, Demogorgon and Oni say "RROOAARR" ("hi").

Probably easier to go for creatures that are known for some kinda trick to turn into abilities. Sirens sing, banshees wail or scream and doppelgangers are useless because of swf with vc.

Edit: Theres a sizelimit in place for bigass dragons wouldnt fit into killer shack, tho.

• Mr_Happy_Hour
    Mr_Happy_Hour Member Posts: 21
    Options

Love the idea of a minotaur, although it could be an excellent Oni skin instead. The game needs a vampire!! I mean, that's horror 101!!